All reviewsfamily suitean outdoor dining areaslice of paradiseboutique hotelswimming poolold havanabeautiful casarestaurants within walking distancetaxi ridemodern bathroomrecommended restaurantsstandard roomlovely poolcuban hospitalitymangobeautiful roombreakfast was amazing
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This house is the best in the whole Habana, it has the most amazing view of the city. The service is amazing form Julia and Silvio's part, the food she cooks is glorious, and he is one of the best hosts ever. The house has very cozy rooms. An amazing pool this house has, the antiques, and very old ornaments make this house a very beautiful place to stay in. This house is one of the most incredible places you could stay at with the service, the decorations, and the most wonderful of all views this makes the perfect place to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Silvio O, Owner at La Rosa de Ortega, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Hi Rolando

Thank you very much to define us as the best B & B of all Havana, it is a qualifier that rewards us, each day our service aims to satisfy the most demanding customers, and your acceptance, reaffirms that we are on the right track. Return again.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This B & B is one of the best you will find in Cuba. During my of 17 days I stayed in 8 different hotels/casas and this was the best. The room was great, nicely decorated everything was clean and the breakfast was the best I have had. As we were only in havana for a few days we did not spend a lot of time at the hotel, but there is a pool and a couple of nice rooms you can chill out in. As the hotel is not big you will also meet other people on there travels. The only thing I would change would be for the bed in our room to be a bit bigger as I was sharing with my sister.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lola J

Hello Lola J

It's very nice to read that do you consider us as one of the best B & B that do you found in Cuba, our staff strives to provide a service that falls short of the expectations of customers. Come back soon, and spend more time with us, surely you will discover ever new and better attractions.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This Casa is gorgeous! Compared to the Hotel Nacional, which we also had the mixed blessing to stay in for a night, it fulfills all the expectations one has in a five star place. You have friendly and very helpful staff with good English language abilities. The two different rooms we had the pleasure to stay in were elegantly furnished and spotlessly clean. The four breakfasts we enjoyed were varied and tasty. The pool was clean and refreshing.
And there are all this little things like your luggage is carried to your room or you are provided with a Havana map including an introduction in recommended restaurants etc.
The view on Havana that you have from the hill top on which the casa is situated is impressive, but comes with the only thing one might consider a disadvantage, you have a 10 to 15 minute (7-10 CUC) taxi ride to most of the sights in Havana, but honestly, after a few hours in Havana we were glad about having such a quiet place.
We have also been to lower priced Casas in Cuba we enjoyed as well, but if you want to indulge yourself with a few more luxurious days the Casa Rosa D’Ortega is worth the extra money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Silvio O, Owner at La Rosa de Ortega, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Hello locomagito.

It is very comprehensive and thorough review about our B & B, thank you very much for that. Provide a service up to the expectations of our visitors is always the goal of our work. We are pleased to know that your stay with us as pleasant as it was described. Come back soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning and at the end of our holiday. It had been recommended by friends and we were SO pleased we took their advice! It's a beautiful place with a lovely garden in a quiet residential part of Havana. Julio and Silvio were extremely welcoming and all the staff went out of their way to help in any way they could. The rooms were excellent, large, modern, clean and very comfortable. We stayed in many others places during our 3 week stay in Cuba and this was an absolute haven! Not just the place but the people! We were picked up and taken to the airport- all arranged by them and everything was made so easy. It's a great place to stay and we will definitely go back if we go to Havana again. Jan & Paul

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jan d
Silvio O, Propietario at La Rosa de Ortega, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hi Jan

Thanks for sharing with our community on Tripadvisor your experience with us. Meeting the needs and expectations of our customers is our goal. Check back soon

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My stay at La Rosa de Ortega was a fantastic end to my holiday. The house is spacious and very clean with lots of accommodation to suit most people. My (single) room was a spacious room with a small double bed and large bathroom so a couple could easily stay there. The decor is in keeping with the property and very tasteful.
Food for me was among the best I had in Cuba - Thank you George and his kitchen assistants for making me wonderful vegetarian food.
The staff are all wonderful making this is an excellent place to stay
I spent my last day relaxing by the pool and Julia allowed me the use of a room to shower before leaving for the airport.
The area is safe and quiet with at least one wonderful restaurant close by - I only tried the one as it was simply too good not to return to. After the expense of the Old Town, I ate specially prepared veggie food (lots and beautifully displayed) for under CUC 6 - and that included my Caipirinha in pleasant and very clean surroundings.

Room Tip: A suite would be very special or are in a group.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Dorothy W

Hi Dorothy

We are very happy for your feedback. It is a pleasure to have served as hosts during your stay. It has been felt so it is comforting to our staff. Check back soon

Kind Regards,