4,359 results
All reviews top floor live music al capone rooftop restaurant old havana graham greene patio bar vip breakfast opera singers corner room swimming pool nice pool charming hotel high ceilings revolution museum lobby area colonial style
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

The hotell is OK, but nothing more... My room had a really bad smell. The only thing that makes this a 5-star hotell is the picolos, great breakfast and nice pool with a convinient bar! I would never pay this much again for that though... If I did my journey again I would just stay somewhere cheeper, and check out if there were some place I could pay some CUCs to use the pool. Cause it was great to have a pool when its so warm and sunny in the middel of the city!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Sylvain C, Director General at Hotel Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Dear marthestenberg,
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

It is excellent located, few steps from almost all main sites in old Havana, but that's all.
The rooms are poor, as well the services.
From outside, the hotel looks good, having a nice architecture and also the music in the lobby creates a nice local atmosphere.
For a short visit in Havana is OK, but nothing more.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Sylvain C, Director General at Hotel Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2017

Dear Adrian V,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel, we fell really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on dir.res@sevilla.gca.tur.cu to discuss this further.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

In this hotel well located in La Havane center, and the staff is very friendly.
But that is it.
Don't look for the AC, there is not...
Checkin 30 min, 1,5 hours to get a internet connection, showing a price in USD that you have to pay in Pesos with 10% conversion fee, all is organized to get guests mad.
The rooms are ugly, the breakfast as well.
Beds are not confortable, and to sleep you need to choice between a hello hot room if not opening the windows, or noise and mosquitos if opening the windows...
Furniture are from another century, no water offered, no coffee machine, no minibar, ...
Definitively too expensive.

Room tip: High floored rooms have best view
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank 990MatthieuL

Dear Matthieu L,
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay, I can assure you that all our rooms have air condition and mini bar, also note that the fees apply when you exchange USD to convertible Cuban pesos is impose by the government and not by the hotel. We have also taken very good note of all the other comments and we are currently addressing them. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on dir.res@sevilla.gca.tur.cu if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed January 12, 2017

The Moorish style architecture is beautiful and initially drew me to the hotel online. We felt very safe in this building. The staff was easy to get checked in with and spoke enough English for us to use broken Spanish with.
The lobby has many couches to lounge on and a bar - with a patio. There was typically a band on the patio during the day and some type of music in the evenings.
Somehow we booked the room and received the vip breakfast with the room and that is on the 9th floor. I am not sure how much extra we paid but it was worth it for the view outside. There is also breakfast on the 1st floor. Breakfast has eggs, meats, fish, a cheese, veggie and meat spread table, grains, many breads and pastries, cereals and a table of fruits.
We had Direct TV in the room with 20+ channels- several American English, on German and several Cuban channels.
The hotel is in a great location with reasonable walking distance to the Malecon, Old Havana, Chinatown, the Capitol, the Port, Central Havana and a longer 3 mi walk to the Jose Marti statue.
The restaurant at the bar in the lobby has delicious hamburgers with slim fries! Delicious! Plenty of drinks on the menu and large bottles of water for 3 cuc. The restaurant on the 9th floor had a larger, fancier menu. We dinned up there one night for dinner. Dinner starts at 7pm and it was dark by then- nothing worth seeing at dark. The 5 course meal is 24 CUC and we saw it being delivered to other patrons and were glad we did not opt for that and just had dessert for dinner for a shorter meal that night. There is also live music for dinners on the 9th.
Our room had 2 twin beds even though we booked a double. We didn't ask to change and just stayed there. The beds were not extra comfy but we did not extra anything more. They worked. Extra blankets in the closet and the windows opened for a nice breeze. We had a nice southern view of the city and it was well worth it from the 8th floor!
There is shopping in the lobby of the hotel. We did not use the pool but viewed it- lovely afternoon sun. They do sell stamps and postcards in the lobby of the hotel and the hotel does exchange currency. We would recommend this hotel and stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank chelsmorg

Dear chelsmorg,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have taken good notes of your comments and rest assure that we'll address them.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2017

The only good thing I can think of saying is that the location is excellent for many of the main sights; and the music in the lobby is good and varied and gives the hotel a bit of character.

According to my guide book, this “historic hotel” was built in 1908, then a ten-storey tower was added in 1918. It is a “homage to Moorish architecture”. That is one way of describing it! There was no way to control the air con in my room, the window looks out on horrid rooftops with rubbish on them. The sockets are so old I have to support my charger so that it works and sometimes cannot get it to work at all. The air con control is so dangerous it should be moved. The plumbing is variable - when I reported a blockage the staff just walked in! use the "do not disturb" notice to ensure privacy. The staff are all very friendly and helpful but the service in the bar very slow indeed. 40 minutes for a sandwich. Even a cup of coffee can take 15 minutes! The breakfast was OK but the ground floor restaurant does not open for lunch or dinner [despite notices saying it does] and the expensive 9th floor restaurant has the same menu every night! The views from the restaurant are not that good as it does not face the famous buildings.

Bring ear plugs. As the tower block is built around an atrium it acts like an echo chamber. When people check in late or come in a bit tipsy, the noise echoes all floors from the lobby to the 9th floor. There are no carpets so wheels rumble along the corridors. There is also regular music and that also echoes throughout the hotel. It is impossible to find a quiet place to hold a meeting. The music is very good and very varied, from salsa to opera, and adds to the atmosphere all day – unless you are trying to sleep!

Currency exchange: 3% commission – a very poor rate. Find a bank!

Internet cards – only sells expensive wifi connection and not the universal cards you can use anywhere in Cuba for internet access. However, there is one internet computer in the lobby if you have the universal card.

The concierge Mr Pupo is an excellent source of information.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Pippa65

Dear Pippa65,
I'm very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. Apologize you for all the inconveniences you mentioned in your review and please rest assured that I will look into this matter personally. Feel free to email me directly on dir.res@sevilla.gca.tur.cu if you would like top discuss this matter further.