“There is a reason Maura's is #1.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Maura Habana Vieja
Ranked #3 of 696 Havana B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“There is a reason Maura's is #1.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my eighth trip to Havana, and I have stayed in many hotels, and casas. First of all Maura has a great location, quiet street, well lit, and very safe. The apartment is beautiful and impeccable clean. My bed was comfortable and bathroom very clean. Maura is a good host, the right combination of being available for help, and not always in your space. The breakfasts were by far the best I've had in Cuba. (i could drink gallons of her fresh watermelon juice)! If you have never stayed in a casa, this would be the best one to try. The space and service, and food rivalled any hotel, including the Melia Habana where I stayed last year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Websmoke
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello, thank you for your opinion, I know that before, you were in very important hotels, for what I value your opinion a lot, you were very pleasant and very easy people of trying, you know that this it is your house every time that you come to Havana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Port Colborne ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

What more can I say that hasn't been said already ? This lady and her family are the most wonderful people. They can't do enough for you. Everything - hospitality,recommendations, room, breakfast, visiting, etc, etc, was beyond measure ! If I carry on any more it will only be repeating how everyone else feels about Casa Maura !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Old-Grapes
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
thank you for your beautiful opinion, gives me a lot of happiness, more today that our competition, it has put a false opinion of our house, they are not able to work with love as us and they want to ascend with lies, I wait that Tripadvisor removes it.

Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Although in Maura´s casa were no available rooms during our stay in Havana, she was very kind and arranged for us the staying in Tere´s casa just a stone throw from her house. She also recommended us an English speaking guide for Havana, excellent casa in Vinales (Osviel) and a taxis from airport to Havana and from Varadero to Havana airport for great prices. So we saved a lot of money and time.
I also visited Maura´s house and it is very nice, repaired, clean, etc.
Thanks again, she and her friends made us the trip very nice, simplier, kind and smooth.
Zbynek, Czech Republic

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Zbynek G
Thank you for your opinion, I am glad a lot that you have been able to enjoy your trip to Cuba and that we have contributed a little,

I hope your next trip to Cuba can be in my house.

Mauritania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed with Maura and her family over New Year. It was by chance that a room became available and we could not have been more lucky! Maura and her husband were extremely helpful and welcoming and even invited us to spend New Year's eve with the family. This was the absolute highlight of our trip and one of the nicest starts into the New Year abroad that we have had so far. The accomodation was very comfortable and spotless, breakfast delicious and the location of the "casa" very convenient for the Malecon and many other sightseeing spots in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Daniela G
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your opinion, we enjoy the year end a lot with you, are a very pleasant couple, I wait that when have an opportunity, you can visit me again, will always be welcome.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Having experienced only two B&Bs in Havana I was very pleased with Maura's hospitality, great location
and spotless accomodations. She arranged alternative accomodations for the first half of my trip,provided countless
pieces of information, arranged taxis from and to the airport, provided a healthy breakfast (eggs, fruit,
bread, jam, coffee, juice) and even gave me some nacional pesos to use for a ferry ride. I met Maura's
family and enjoyed gaining a small (I do not speak spanish) insight into Cuban life. This was a much
more rewarding visit then one of several years ago where I stayed at a Veradaro resort. For welcoming
me into your home I thank you very much Maura. I will happily recommend your casa to anyone.
Don (Vancouver Feb. 11/13)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Don G
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your opinion,CASA MAURA will always be your house in Havana, to us it was us very pleasing to converse with you. I wait that in your next visit to Cuba, you can be every day in The Habana in your house: CASA MAURA.

Warsash, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

For sure the best. Maura ensured even before we arrived that everything was ready ie taxi, and Casa,s for future visits. We were greeted on arrival by the warmest and friedliest greetings which was a really nice introduction to Cuba. As we were cycling around Cuba she was more than helpful with storing our bikebags and other gear. Her family and co workers are amazing and friendly. My thanks to Maura for her friendly, helpful and warm attitude. She goes beyond the normal to help you. The Casa is very clean bright and just plain brilliant. Maura is constantly improving, her english and her Casa. Highly recommended. On a personal note you are the best, thanks for everything Maura. Mick Eldridge

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank 262PuraVida
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your opinion, you are very kind, it satisfies me that you say all those pretty things of us, because I make an effort a lot, so that my guests and people that contact me and unfortunately I cannot offer them my house, for that already this reserved, pass it the best thing possible in their trip to Cuba.
Many times, cannot appreciate all the effort that we have to make to achieve something, but with opinions how yours, they reward us very much.
Thank you, thank you.

Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was intrigued by the amazing ratings for this casa but I understood why when I met Maura. Such a lovely warm person, your heart would have been of stone if you weren t won over. Our room was so comfortable. Everything had been thought of and we so appreciated a brightly lit room with bedside lights so we could repack easily. Our best bathroom of all in Cuba! And the most delicious breakfast with a fabulous platter of fruits, freshly made pineapple juice and the best coffee I had in Cuba. Together with a generous omelette.. I m looking forward to returning one day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Brightonpoppy50
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I thank you a lot your opinion, you are very gentile, to my I like a lot to converse with my guests, I enjoy it a lot, you give me a lot of happiness.