“The best casa in Havana!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Maura Habana Vieja
Ranked #3 of 694 Havana B&B and Inns
“The best casa in Havana!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at casa Maura for 3 nights. She is the most incredible host! Anything you are interested in doing or seeing, she will do everything she can to help you. She arranged Spanish classes for me and very generously offered her home to hold the classes. She is one of the most generous people I have ever met - truly a great person that I feel so lucky to have met. Her home is beautiful, clean, and in a very safe neighborhood. If you are planning to visit Havana you must stay here!

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank wanderingguy7
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I thank you a lot your opinion, and what you say of us, you knows that when you return to Cuba CASA MAURA will always have the open doors.

maura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good located, modern apaprtment with all facilities, private bathroom and bedroom, kind and helpful familly. Very safe place to be. Indeed a very good breakfast. We enjoyed our stay at this place. It is a good option if you like to really feel the atmosphere of Havana

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kiril P
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your opinion of my house, you are very kind.
And also for your opinion of House Castellon that begins now and very few people know it, when somebody contacts me to request me application and I don't have possibility, I like to give him an option of some house that I recommend and with your opinion, more people will be able to trust my, when I propose House Castellon.

Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed January 14, 2013

maura was kind, helpfull and gave us the feeling we are home.
she speaks basic english, but if you speak spanish- she will tell you everything you want to know and more...
it was the first place we stayed at and it was defenetly a good expirience...
the food there is great, the rooms are nice, the location is perfect and the company is friendly.
enjoy!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank niv n
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your opinion, although I had liked that you gave recommendation to improve the qualification that you give me in the rooms, "3 stars" although in your opinion you say that "the rooms nice...".
How to all, I like that they praise me, and that they give me 5 stars, but if they can give me a recommendation to even improve but (maintaining the qualification of 5 stars, ja, ja, ja), I would feel very happy, if they make it to help me, I also have to value if I can make it.
For example some guests have commented me, "is good that don't have frigo-bar in the Room for the noise that they make" and however other have suggested it to me. We solved this situation, facilitating the access to my guests to refrigerator of the kitchen of the house, where they can put what they want.

Victoria, BC
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We recently returned from Cuba and spent a total of nine days (with trips in-between to Vinales and Trinidad) with Maura and her family. Maura made us feel so welcome and took such good care of us, that we now consider Maura and her family to be our Cuban family.

The location is perfect (one block from Old Havana and one block from the Prado), The rooms are beautiful, quiet and clean. Maura makes the best Cuban coffee in the morning and the breakfasts are terrific. It is obvious that she takes great pride in her work and wants everyone to feel welcome and cared for. Above all, in addition to being professional, she is a warm, sincere and wonderful person. You are very fortunate If you get a chance to stay at Casa Maura,

6 Thank SteveandAnu
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your opinion, we enjoy your stay a lot in our house, you are a very pleasant and very beautiful couple.

You gives me a lot of happiness, that you have felt so well in my house, that it is my biggest satisfaction.
The support of my true guests, gives me a lot of force to continue making an effort, more in these days, being is attacking me, by people of bad feelings putting false opinions, to try to discredit my work and the love that I put to that make. As you has told me that the best form of counteracting these bad people, is to continue being like I am, making of each guest that enters to my house, part of my family.
A hug from Cuba.

Darlington
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent our first night in Havana at Casa Maura and stayed in a large number of casas subsequently so we understand the relative standard. Casa Maura was of the very best casas we stayed in and this was primarily due to the exceptionally helpful and welcoming family - particularly Maura herself.

As others have said, Casa Maura is ideally located near to the Museum of the Revolution and other main attractions. The apartment is accessed via either two flights of stairs or the lift. The bedroom was comfortable with an effective fan (but no air-conditioning) and a very good en-suite, including complimentary toiletries (which we didn't get anywhere else).

Maura is incredibly helpful both before you travel (by email) and during your stay. Maura arranged for a taxi to to collect us from the airport, gave us recommendations on what to see and where to eat and most imressively - even after we had left - she organised a taxi for us when our other pre-arranged transport fell through.

Casa Maura is one of the few casas which, in our experience, does not routinely offer evening meals - which is a bonus - as it allows those staying to experience Havana's many restaurants and not feel under pressure from the casa owner to eat with them as a means of additional income generation.

We feel compelled to comment (which we've never done before) on the only one star review (garywallace) as we do not recognise the description or experience. 128 four and five star reviews at the time of typing are not wrong!

6 Thank mikeedeedee
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your opinion, you really felt in my house, how I would like all my guests to feel, see HOUSE MAURA, as their own house with their own family, where you can clarify your doubts, to request recommendations, etc.
Only I don't understand well that you point out that I don't have air conditioning, the two rooms have air conditioning and they work very well. Although for the windows and the fan, almost none of my guests uses it
For luck TRIPADVISOR, analyzed and he saw that 1 star's opinion put by "GARYWALLACE", false era, put by friendships of the competition that cannot ascend in the ranking for own merits, many houses is very beautiful, very wide, but they lack true love, to enjoy with each new guest how if it was the first, and others, unfortunately they are not in the areas of more movement and the tourists spend more money in moving, that in the lodging, being forced to eat in the own house, because they don't have swims close. I wait that they don't insist on putting false opinions again, at the end the one that makes bad, always pays it.
Thank you again for your opinion, you know that you have a family in Cuba.

A hug

Again, thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were in Havana for the night of December 27, 2012.
I had contacted Maura earlier in the month to see about a stay, but she was all booked up. However, she arranged for us to stay with her neighbour one floor up in the same building. Because Maura had the web site and a good command of English, she helped us make the arrangements at no benefit to herself, and the casa she recommended, Casa Castellon, was excellent.

The building is located on the edge of Old Havana about 100 yards off the Prado. It is a solid building. However, because of the location you are surrounded by decaying buildings and, yes, cars and people. The address was actually on one of the quieter streets we walked on, so I doubt you'd find a quieter casa particular in Old Havana, given the amount of people and tourists, and the building materials (all hard surfaces that transmit sound).

4 Thank Saxmanbilly
Thank you for your opinion, and that my house recommendation Castellon has delighted, I wait that the next visit to Cuba can offer my house, so that you live with my family that I adore.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Great place to stay. Wonderful hospitality. Maura and her family make you very welcome. When I return I they will be my choice in Havana. I would also highly recommend the Casa above by her neighbour Kenia. Both are brilliantly situated. I cannot understand the review about the area being scary. The large and posh lobby areas of the big hotels nearby were far more intimidating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Haedwards
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your opinion, you have been very kind, gives me a lot of satisfaction that has felt so well and sure in our house