Casa Maura Habana Vieja
$385
$130
HotelsClick
1,134 results
All reviewshabana viejaher husbandold havanacoconut rumsingle roomceiling fanthe location is perfectlovely familygave us great tipshelpful tipsbreakfast was deliciousexcellent stayquiet streetfresh fruitmain siteslovely homeair conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed at Mauras for 4 nights this September, and it was brilliant. Very nice breakfast and Maura and her family were wonderful and extremely helpful with local knowledge. Maura speaks a little english but her children speak perfect english and are on hand to help with any translations needed. Very good location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Sophie B
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for your opinion, remembers that this will always be your house in Cuba.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

As a couple, my boyfriend and I stayed at Casa Maura's for one night in September 2012 after a trip around Cuba. The location is superb, being very close to the malecon, old Havana, right next to El Prado (one of the historic streets in Havana) and the touristy spots. Maura and her family were very welcoming, and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable, even though we experienced once of Havana's notorious blackouts the night we stayed at this casa (talk about a unique experience! - Maura provided us with a torch for our room, which was so thoughtful). Note that there are about two flights of stairs to take up to Casa Maura (which is in an old building with very secure doors), so ensure that you can carry your own baggage comfortably. Our room had a queen bed, air conditioner and fan, and ensuite (shower & toilet). There was a laundry tub & clothesline in the secure back area of the casa so it was easy to do our own laundry. The breakfast (at a cost of CUC5 for two people) was filling and consisted of various fresh fruits & juices, eggs (cooked the way you want it), bread, butter, and ham & cheese sandwich for my partner. Maura helped us with getting a reliable and good-value taxi driver to take us to the airport when our booked taxi did not arrive. I understood a little Spanish so Maura and I got to have a fun conversation after breakfast - so friendly! I booked this casa by calling Maura about a week before I arrived in Cuba, so the process was very easy, and then paid cash upon check-out. I would highly recommend staying at Maura's casa if you are ever in Havana.

Room Tip: Make sure you let Maura know whether you want a queen bed or two single beds if you are traveling with another person. Breakfast is an extra cost on top of the per nightly room cost.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank mmmaricel
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your opinion, although your stay was very short I appreciate your visit a lot, you have been very kind.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We wanted to visit havana therefore we searched for accomodation in maura's casa. Because she didnt have any room available she suggested us her friends Tere and Justo, Tere's casa. We stayed there for 6 nights and we felt like home. Justo and Tere, their daughter Juliet and her lovely little son Manuel were so kind and helpful and we really adorred them. The room was very big and clean, with clean towels and sheets with many fans and aircondition. The breakfast was so plentiful and delicious!! Justo gives great restaurant advices by the way..The location was also a great advantage as it was in the middle of everything, next to malecon, to prado, to havana vieja.(about 100 meters away from maura's casa). Unfortunately Tere doesnt have internet connection therefore i write my reviews here. I definitely recommend Tere's casa!!
As for Maura, we had the chance to stay there only for one night but we were also extremely satisfied. Very clean house, great location, perfect people and delicious breakfast. Maura also helped us a lot to organize our trip, as she sent us many emails before coming to cuba. She asnwered to my emails very fast giving all the appropriate info i needed. She also suggested us a great day trip to vinales soroa which was astonishing!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Antonis V
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

You have been very kind with your opinion, gives me a lot of satisfaction that you have felt so well at home of TERE and that you were useful my recommendations

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a lovely night at Maura;s casa. Her and her family were so hospitable and welcoming. They also cooked the best breakfast I had in Havana! The location is great and if I return to Cuba I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Aisha Y

You have been very kind with your opinion,

Maura

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed with Maura and her family for the first 3 nights of our trip in Cuba and then for our last night.

Maura's Casa is in a fantastic location in Havana, close to the Malecon, Main Prado, Capitol, etc.

The home is lovely clean, warm and welcoming, seriously one of the best casa's we stayed in during our hole trip through Cuba.

To add to this we owe Maura massive thanks and gratitude for being accommodating to our troubles when we had issues with getting money from our mastercards (note to all travelers take Visa Cards and Cash!)

Maura was extremely helpful in putting us on to other great casa's in Cuba

Above all we had a great time with Maura and family, they are wonderful hospitable people with a beautiful home.

My only one recommendation would be is to book early!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Casey C
CASAMAURA, Propietario at Casa Maura Habana Vieja, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your opinion, and very useful the recommendation of the credit cards, was us a pleasure to be able to help them, but it is better not to use time of its vacations in solving these small problems.
My house will always be open for you.

A hug from Cuba