“Havana upstairs hideaway restaurant”

Paladar Dona Blanquita
Ranked #213 of 817 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Walking the dark streets of Havana, looking for somewhere to eat which was typically Cuban, we came across the doorway and stairs leading to this little eatery with a charming balcony. We were a little nervous of what to order as the menus were mainly in Spanish. Anyway, the soup arrived after a long wait, (we had ordered this to warm ourselves up as chilly on balcony). The main course was lamb for my husband, the waitress said it came with tomato sauce, and mine which I was told was slices of chicken with banana, strange, but I would give it a go. Well the lamb was 5 round lumps of bone with a little meat to chew off of, served with typical black rice and beans and some veg. My chicken came in a scoped out pineapple (no sign of banana) in a stong sauce and chewy bits of chicken and pineapple inside it, and side salad. Not a nice eating experience, but perhaps we were unlucky and didn't choose well. With a beer and water it came to 28cuc. The following night we played safe and had a lovely sirloin beef burger and special pizza at our restaurant in Parque Central rooftop restaurant and enjoyed.

1  Thank KentJanet
There are newer reviews for Paladar Dona Blanquita

Reviewed February 5, 2013

First night in Havana - nearest paladar to our hotel. Rock up to find terrace full so have a table in the main room. Place is rammed even though its a Monday night. And then the lobster turned up well 2 of them for £10 and that was just one meal. servoice friendly and my fish brochette was good too. So we made sure that we pre booked on the Wednesday night when I had a very nice ropa vieja

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We found this paladar following the guide. At the first floor of their house we were seat in the terrace, seeing the paseo de Martì! We ate chicken fried with french fries, fried bananas and vegetables, drinking bucanero beer! There are only four tables not so clean but the good taste of the food and the cheap price can be sufficient to try this place!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My colleague and I visited this restaurant yesterday for lunch, He had been their many times and really likes it. I really found the menu limited and the prices sort of high. The service is quick and friendly. Their is no additional 10 % fee added to the bill either. I had masas de cerdo with arroz congris, side salad and side fried plantain chips. At about $10 CUC I had wished I was at Los Amigos in nearby Vedado. Where I could have easily had the same meal for half the price. Not to say the food here wasn't good it's just that I found it a bit pricey for what was on offer. Note to the owners.. Their is alot of competition currently in Havana, I know you have been around for quite some time but IMO it's time that you reinvent the place by adding some new items to the menu and maybe even lowering some prices to match nearby competitors. Location this is prime!

1  Thank simplycuba
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We spent several days in Havana recently and we chanced upon Dona Blanquita one evening after a spring rain storm- it felt like a secret. It was our favorite! The atmosphere was wonderful as was the service. The food- and mojitos- were marvellous and very fresh; the best meal we ate in Cuba. We sat out on the balcony and enjoyed the view of the Prado with kids playing kickball in the street and the swell of Havana around us. It was a perfect, romantic, travellers evening.