“Great cheap eat”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great place to have a quick cheap eat. Seating inside & outside. We had wandering musicians as with many other places.Food was ok and drinks were good.Cuban mince beef or Pork dishes were under 4cucs, beer 1.5, a litre of Sangria 4 and cocktails 2cuc. Papas 1 to 2cuc. Bargain!

1  Thank criz11

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My favourite daily lunch time location during 3 weeks language school. Best place in Oldtown Havana for outdoor - and indoor at night as well ! One of the best musician places I liked a lot!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Having looked at a few cafes and not fancying anything we eventually stumbled across Lamparilla. What a find! The first things that struck us were that the menu was broader than other places and that the prices were cheap. It was worth a try at least.

The service was a little hit or miss, leaving us a while before taking our order and having to wait a while for drinks, but when it did come it always came with a smile! After all Lamparilla is just a laid back street cafe, You can laze around in the sun watching people walk by and taking in the sights and sounds of Old Havana. Here it doesn't have to be quick!

We were both impressed by the quality of the food, having both decided to go for sandwiches rather than tapas. We also had fresh juices which were needed on a hot day. We sat, took in the atmosphere and listened to the resident band. If you need somewhere to grab some food and pass some time in Old Havan here is your place!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were walking through Old Havana and found this great little place to eat a quick fix. The first thing that I noticed was how cheap the food was and how quickly they served. The service was not great I must agree, I asked for a Coca Cola and they brought me a Coca Cola zero that Tasted disgusting and the meat was a little bit chewy. The Beer was good ordering the Beer Tower is a must and the appetizers were great. The Guava juice was delicious and it was a neat experience. The other thing I would also like to mention is I literally had to beg to pay, the bill was never delivered to my table and after waiting 15+ minutes I just walked inside and payed myself directly to the cashier. There was a great atmosphere with musicians on the background playing traditional Cuban Music. The waitress was very unmotivated. But it was overall a good place to grab a quick bite.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was a great little find close to our hotel.

The food was not the best I've ever tasted, but it was cheap plentiful and seemed to be real Cuban cooking. The service was attentive but not overwhelming, plus live music in the form of a Mariachi.