“Great Cuban Hospitality”
Review of Restaurant La Casa

Restaurant La Casa
Ranked #19 of 827 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Sushi, Cuban, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Casa restaurant is the result of a wide family heritage and also a dream came true.Its been more than 18 years since the day we opened to the public in our Californian stylish house, built in the 1950s. Our desire was to become a family restaurant, where guests could enjoy the authentic Cuban food, cooked in our kitchen following the recipes for Cuban food, among those a large number of our family heritage recipes.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our tour guide recommended this family run restaurant to our group of seven. It is located in a charming neighbourhood of middle class homes. On entering, there's a bar and a waiting area. Through a door is the intimate dining area of about five to eight tables depending on the size of the parties. There is also patio dining in the garden and an upstairs area which I did not personally see. Most of the meals are set at 20 converted Cuban peso and included a cocktail, an appetizer, main course, sides, dessert and coffee. The lobster entree was available for an additional 2 pesos and the mixed seafood grill for another 5 pesos. My pina colada served in a pineapple was the best I had on this particular trip. We had a choice of chicken or squash soup and both were exceptional. The salad and sides brought for all to share include rice, black beans, etc. My fish was just a little too well done for my taste but was fresh and was still very good. My husband really enjoyed the shrimps, A teenager who's a picky eater loved her grilled chicken. A friend didn't care for his pulled pork saying it wasn't seasoned enough. The ice-cream and custard desserts were great. The coffee with the steamed milk was so much better than our resort's. Overall, excellent food at a great value in a charming atmosphere with friendly and attentive staff. And the owner made it a point to visit with all his guests and asked about our dining experience. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would return if I'm ever in the area again.

2  Thank KKWNg

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Read the great reviews and went here with our family. Tried several dishes including octopus, lobster, carpaccio, fish, pasta and tapas. Food was heavy in oil, grease, and garlic. Portions were huge. Desert was average. Overall not impressed by the so so fair. Staff helpful and pleasant. I would look for another place. When had a lot of food and it came to about $180 for the 5 of us.

1  Thank HAP-TRAVEL-Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I love this little restaurant. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is the beautiful and delicate balance of serenity and liveliness.
Two visits with my children (one a week ago and one last year), and both were wonderful. The owner and staff are friendly and are part of what makes this place feel intimate and memorable.

alejandrolacasa, Propietario at Restaurant La Casa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks for your comment. We are delighted to know that an increasing number of satisfied clients for our services. We hope to return in La Casa.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I take tourist from Varadero to visit Havana in a day tour and the place is first choice for:
1-Nice tasty meal with the touch of home food and Cuban spices.
2-Good attentive service but fast enough for day visitors to Havana city that don´t have all day to spend at lunch.
3-My clients have always been happy with it.
4- Very reasonable price.

1  Thank Rolando T

Thanks for your feedback. It's great to know that you were pleased with our food and the atmosphere warm and familiar. We hope to repeat their good experience with us.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am a picky "gluten free" eater and I loved this Paladar. I ate the ropa vieja, a classic cuban dish, and it was amazing!!! Loved the rice and beans, and of course, the cuban cafe! Highly recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting Havana. We sat in a cozy room on the second floor. Beautiful home and atmosphere.

Thank you for choosing us. We hope to return to Havana, visit us again, and recommend us to their friends. Over here we will be waiting without fail, sure you will enjoy much more from our family room, and food that distinguishes us.