Review Highlights

Reviewed September 10, 2018
MaltaBound
Houston, Texas
via mobile

All reviews t shirts flea market key chains huge market one stop shopping great place to shop leather goods buy souvenirs shopping experience straw hats wood carvings original art great shopping vendor booths sell similar pushy vendors similar items
Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a relly good place to buy souvenirs in Havana, sellers are a bit agressive but you can make ood deals with them.
I highly recommend this place to bay souvenirs

Reviewed October 5, 2018

This was a very stressful experience! I wanted to pick up a few souvenirs but anytime I stopped to look at anything the owner of the booth would start waving different items at me trying to sell everything in his (or her) booth! Awful. I understand the sellers are in need of the money but I would have spent more time shopping if I could have shopped in peace. The items were mostly all the same: Low-quality leather bags, magnets, keychains, tie-dyed beach clothes, reproduced art, etc. I didn't see any other shops around the cruise port so I guess if you want souvenirs this is your only choice. I recommend having an agenda and some idea of what you want. Don't make eye contact with the sellers and don't stop when they speak to you. A polite hello or no thank you while moving past them will save you a lot of harassment. I found one booth where I did all my shopping and got out of there ASAP!

Reviewed September 23, 2018

While I thought this place was kind of fun, it was definitely overwhelming. It's very hard to get past some of the boths and on to the next booth. The vendors stand in your way, and make it hard to get by them. It's also very hot, and the aisles, for the most part, are narrow.

1  Thank beth ann k
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Don’t shop here. The same souvenirs and paintings you find in this place you can simply walk the streets and find it cheaper and are able to negotiate the prices better. In this market it seemed all the vendors had the same prices and would not budge on them. If you’re visiting Havana or on a cruise simply walk In to the city and you’ll find souvenirs for half the price

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

There are souvenirs here like nowhere else, and much local art as well, all at good prices. The key word: negotiate. The place is simply huge, and fronts the waterway.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

This market is located in old warehouses right on the Bay of Havana. We had the bicycle taxi bring us over. They have a money exchange. Several of the merchants accepted Euros from me. It is primarily original art, which was perfect for me. Lots and lots of other goods are available, and the booths are staffed by the most good-natured people in the world.

1  Thank heyjudithz
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

This is a warehouse sized craft market. Nearly every shop sells the same stuff. There are a few stalls selling unique jewelry and purses but mostly the same items stall to stall. Everything is very inexpensive so buying some items does help support the workers and artisans. There is an area with lots of art at the rear and if you like this style of art, prices are great. Look out for guys trying to sell you bootleg cigars. They are a bit aggressive. Just keep walking and don’t make eye contact.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Nice shopping experience. Got some amazing local art. Stick to the stalls in the back closer to the waterfront for better deals. They will take advantage if you aren't paying attention.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

The market is OPEN, contrary to tour guide reports. There was a fire but the market is open for business. I visited Aug 3, 2018 The shore excursion guides are reporting the market closed. There is a small section closed off but the market is definitely open. The prices are much less than other places. Don’t miss out. The vendors are friendly and not aggressive.

4  Thank Susan G
Reviewed August 3, 2018

This is the place to get souvenirs, painting, Che Guevara hats and other Cuban memorabilia. A lot of shop rows with basically similar items for sale. We got all our souvenirs here, but i couldn't find the painting of Che Guevara that i wanted for my collections, even though there were so many choices!

1  Thank Karaoshkin