“Great food and service”

Restaurante Paladar Decameron
Ranked #26 of 833 Restaurants in Havana
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cuban cuisine, fusioned with the best selection of internacionals dishes.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Nice private home, decorated with old musical instruments. The meals were of very good quality and food and wine reasonably priced. Will be going back

1  Thank bocasbazza

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We ate in many paladares in Cuba. This was the best. In fact, it is one of the best restaurants we have eaten at around the world. And in Cuba!! I had red snapper in peanut sauce, mashed potatoes, and stir-fried veggies. Dessert was a rum biscuit & mousse + 3 scoops of almond ice cream. My wife had duck confit (TWO legs), shared the veggies, and had lemon pie for dessert. Not cheap by Cuban standards, but very reasonable by international standards, and you are in a restaurant that stands comparison with the best, anywhere!

4  Thank Professional-Pilgrim
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This restaurant is extremely good, we went there recommended by Ana and Pepe from Casa de Ana in our first visit to Cuba and now that we went back we eat there three times. The menu is fantastic, and the decoration as is mentioned in other reviews is very beautiful. The director call Arnel is very professional and kind to the restaurant visitors. The prices as average and if you are looking for a guaranty of have a nice meal this is the place to go. Most have the pay de limon as desert (!!!).

1  Thank Bellamarys
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am extremely disappointed with the level of greed that you can perceive from paladar owners. Decameron gave me, yesterday, the miserable face of Cuban paladars. They charged me for taking food away. This is the most absurd, ridiculous and disrespectful behaviour towards a client.

I took my mother and a friend to Decameron, to celebrate my mother’s birthday. I was aware of the quite high level of prices Decameron exhibits with a relative small menu. I was aware that they force you to pay 10% of your bill to “help” them pay their taxes. In spite of all this, I decided to go. We were having a good time, enjoying a decent cooked meal, until I realized I was being charged for the doggy bag. Do they know about costs? Do they know about decency? Do they know about ethics?

I am not going back but, if you decide to, take your doggy bag or eat everything!

1  Thank Michel H
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The most expensive meal I ate during my stay in Havana, but it was well worth it! I paid around 30 CUC pesos/£20 for a two-course meal with a cocktail and coffee. It looks odd from the outside, but go up the stairs and ring the bell. The quality of the food was great!

1  Thank fester_mower