“Authentic Delight”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

An ambassador invited me to this lovely place for my birthday dinner in January 2014. Even for a special occasion, the place is impressive: The décor is elegant, authentic, tasteful and inviting. The service was attentive and efficient, and the food was delicious. I shared a double portion of paella with my wife. With paella being a dish that is notoriously difficult to prepare well, they did an outstanding job! The prices are very attractive by Old Havana standards, with most main courses costing less than ten (convertible) Pesos, and the portions were huge. I was still eating left-over paella for lunch and dinner the day after, back at the hotel, and it tasted just as good. One of my best birthday dinners ever! This place definitely deserves a higher ranking among the many fine restaurants of Havana.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was there for a graduation, the building s being renovated but still a very njce site. Good to see the proud students and families.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

This restaurant has a wonderful interior that makes you feel warm and welcome. The service is very good, but the choice on the menu is somewhat limited, on the other hand, the quality of the food offsets this fault. The pricing is very affordable, considering the more than sufficient portions of the meals and the ambiance makes you feel at ease. If I had to choose only one restaurant while in Habana...this would be the one.

2  Thank Drek4
Reviewed November 30, 2011

in the beginning was great now it lives from his history. you can order 2 plates and you eat all the foot is rare to go to china tawn in havana and no go home with food.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We've eaten here many times and keep going back, same with alot of our friends here in Havana. Why? Very good service, reasonable prices, decent portion sizes (you always end up taking some home!) and great presentation. We had barbecued octupus and shrimps "al ajillo" plus a seasonal salad and rice pilaf last weekend and everything was top notch. The only minor complaint is that we had perhaps a new waiter and he promised avocado in the salad which didn't actually have it, but not a big deal. Their cocktail presentation is also always great - my husband had a frappe lemonade, and I had a fresh pineapple juice (their fresh juice selection is always good). It all cost under $30, standard tip (and extra gratuity) included. The best part? We enjoyed the leftover shrimp and rice pilaf the next day. I love to escape from cooking whenever possible!

1  Thank rubiahojosazules