“Excellent Location in Habana Vieja”

IBEROSTAR Parque Central
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Havana
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Parque Central for approximately a week in late January. The rooms were clean, the housekeepers worked extremely hard. The lounge was very busy during the day and all afternoon. I used the business service center and was able to access the internet through the purchase of a wi-fi card which I used with my iphone.

For touring purposes, the location of the hotel can't be better. It is situated right on the edge of the central park, withint walking distance of everything in Old Havanna. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Parquecentral, Executive Assistant Manager at IBEROSTAR Parque Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Patti:

On behalf of the hotel staff and especially the manager I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Parque Central. We are greatful to know you found our location excellent and that your room was always clean, that you were able to use internet and that you were able to walk through the "Habana Vieja".
We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Paulina Chahin

Write a ReviewReviews (7,131)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Plus points: - excellent location in the middle of Havana, particularly well placed for the very
interesting old town;
- three restaurants, one of them in the new building
- spacious and well-appointed rooms
- a big and lively ground floor, hosting the occasional fashion show
Less good - not many rooms have balconies (our room 445 was an exception: it had a
big balcony overlooking the park)
- beware of queues at the currency exchange office; it can take half an hour at
peak times
- it is busy hotel and can feel a bit hectic at times.

Room Tip: Get 445 if you can!

Dear John:

We would like to thank you for sharing with TripAdvisor's community your experience in Iberostar Parque Central. We are pleased to understand by your comments that you enjoyed your stay in our resort and that you reccommend it to the community.

We are confident that you will be staying again at any of our hotels.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here on 21st January 2013 for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. Check-in was a little crazy but we were welcomed with a glass of fizz and were given a lovely room with a view over the square. Breakfast was very busy and you had to get there early if you wanted to be seated in the mediterranean restuarant. One morning we were late and ended up in the restaurant next door which did not have anywhere near the same selection. The table service was a little lacklustre and tables were often missing items or had leftovers from the previous guests. The breakfast buffet in the mediteranean however was excellent, everything you could possible want and more! A great start to the day. The only thing I was disappointed about was that tea and coffee were not provided in our rooms. It was the one thing missing from this excellent 5* hotel. It even had toothbrushes and toothpaste! An excellent, centrally located hotel from which to explore the city on foot. I would definitely recommend and would return there again.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the square.
1  Thank Mickyilly
Parquecentral, Executive Assistant Manager at IBEROSTAR Parque Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Mickyilly:

We would like to thank you for reviewing our resort in Tripadvisor. We are thankful to know you have had a great experience with ur services and facilities. We appreciate your feedback regarding our services as our clients' inquiries are very important to us and we take them in consideration.
We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality once again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is our 4th visit to this hotel, this time found it a little disappointing. Had a lovely room with a view over the square. Breakfast was like a cattle market, each morning when shown to our table there was either cups and saucers missing, cutlery or a napkin. Hot food was cold and I mean cold except for the freshly cooked eggs , there is a good variety of food so it was not a real problem.

If you wanted coffee and tea in your room you had to pay for it which we did, it was described as selection of tea/coffee when it arrived we only had coffee when we came to make it the powdered milk was so solid it looked like a piece of chewing gum, we complained 3 times nothing was done about it so we refused to pay, for a 5 star hotel I did not think was acceptable.

After saying all the above its in a good location and has lovely swimming poos on the roof tops of both hotels.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the old part of the hotel with a view of the square.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Swanseawelshlady:

On behalf of the staff of Iberostar Parque Central I would like to thank you for choosing once more our resort. We feel very sorry for the fact that you were disappointed in this visit. I will personally check with the chef the temperatures of food during the breakfast buffet. Regarding coffee service, I would like to confirm you that this service has always been payable, and as I understand from your comments, due to the incident you had, this service was not charged.

We always take our clients' feedback very seriuosly as your satisfaction is our main goal. We appreciate your feedback in order to achieve this, so I promis I will check with the involved hed chiefs so this won't happen again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was pretty well everything you'd expect from a 5-star hotel. Beautiful entrance with lots of smartly dressed men opening doors. Helpful staff in reception. The breakfast buffet was a banquet. Waiters stood by and coffee cups were replenished almost like magic. My room was large and comfortable. The lifts worked.

The rooms either face inwards or outwards. Mine faced inwards, so I didn't have a good view, but the views on the rooftop by the swimming pool are great.

It was the only hotel I stayed in that had internet access. It cost $8 an hour and you bought a card with a pin number. Provided you remembered to log out, you could make it last by just logging in for a few minutes at a time to retrieve e-mails.

I ordered steak and chips in the hotel and it was a bit tough and the chips were a bit greasy, but that's my only criticism.

It is in a great location and it's very probably the best hotel in Havana.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda W

Dear Linda W:

On behalf of the management of Iberostar Parque Central, I would like to thank you for sharing with other travellers your experience at our hotel. We are very satisfied to know you have had a nice vacation with us. We appreciate your feedback and reccommendation.
We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality once again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We enjoyed our time at this hotel which is spacious, nice lobby, excellent location in Old Havana, walkable to main spots, wonderful rooftop swimming pool. We were not certain what the accomodations would be like, but were most pleased here. The service staff was always ready to help, the housekeeping staff did a great job daily. We found the beds to be comfy, the shower to have great water pressure and lots of hot water -- pleasant surprises. I'd rank this as the best location in town.

Breakfast buffet is ample and well-prepared. Even if you don't swim, go up on the roof for the views.

1  Thank outoford

Dear Outoford:

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar and for sharing your opinion of your stay with us. We feel honoured to hear that you have had a comfortable stay at our hotel and thankful for your recommendation as the best hotel in Havana.
We will make sure to congratulate our service staff and especially our housekeeping department for contributing on your wellbeing.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

All in all my stay was disappointing. The Suite I had booked in the new part was not available due to unspecified "problems". I was "upgraded" to the presidential suite in the old part. The suite was very nice but way too big and extremely noisy due to the traffic outside. My inital objection (because I suspected it was noisy) was met with assurances that it was not noisy at all. Later complaints were quite rudely wiped away by "this is the best room we have got". My repeated argument that I did not want something"better" but a quieter room was simply ignored and met with stony silence. The restaurant situation was not much better. The main restaurant served bland buffet food and the buffet was often empty and one had to wait for some time until it was replenished. The steak house was better, i. e. the steaks were tasty although very thin. There were several items on the menue which were not available when I tried to order them. The main asset of the stek house was the sommelier who was competent and offered a reasonably good selection of wine.

Room Tip: Try to get a room which is not facing the road since the noise insulation is poor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Parquecentral, Executive Assistant Manager at IBEROSTAR Parque Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Mr. Weinweber:

Firstly we would like to thank you for staying at Iberostar Parque Central. Seccondly, we would like to apologize for your feeling of disappointment about our hotel. I remember the situation of your reservation. You booked a suite in our hotel, which on your day of arrival had a maintenance problem and unfortunately we were unable to give you the room you had assigned. This is not your fault, we completely understand, however, if the hotel staff detects any malfunctioning in your room (as we are open all year round), we need to put the room out of order. I would like as well to inform you that all our suites and junior suites have an external view; I apologize if this was not explained correctly by our staff. Our location is one of the best in Havana and in the middle of the city, so for some clients it might seem noisy (you were allocated on the 6th floor out of 7).
As we didn't have that category available, you were upgraded to our Presidential Suite (we only have one, it has the best view from all the hotel and the upgrade per night on that time frame and from the room category you originally paid is 250 CUC).
We thank you for your comments, I have passed and discussed the review of our Steak house restaurant with our Executive Chef and I promise your feedback will be taken care into consideration.
We appreciate your comments regarding our sommelier Jorge, who has been congratulated for his expertise and friendliness.

Kind regards,