TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Bacuranao bay Habana

Very good playa. Palm trees, all Cubans, a little bay . Go with a car ! Good little restaurant at... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
DMLdeligne
Westende, Belgium
Good beach in Havana

I definitely suggest this trip if you have the time. Take the bus A40 from El Morro, and travel... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Ana_L_23
Navan, Ireland

2,422 results
All reviews great beach santa maria white sand cuc round trip clear water tropicoco hotel gay beach don pepe closest beach tourist bus beach chairs and umbrellas cuban families central park taxi driver day trip pina colada havana city
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Only minutes from He Old City through the tunnel you reach some of the most beautiful beaches you have ever seen, like Santa Maria del Mar......go for a swim enjoy the beauty of it'cristal clear waters....beautiful sand.

Date of experience: May 2012
2  Thank Cubaricua
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Amazing sandy beaches with all the conforts of the great destinations.

Date of experience: June 2012
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I made the mistake one wet day, of leaving Guanabo where we were staying, to visit Playas de Este. We got out of our taxi at a large blue hotel and looked at the adjacent shops. Then we made the mistake of going and sitting at a table at the bar to have an aperitif prior to lunch. A SECURITY MAN appeared to ask my wife if she was Cuban and upon her saying yes, demanded that she should leave immediately, saying that I was Canadian, I could stay. I pointed out that the lady was my partner and that I too would leave, taking my wallet and contents with me - never to return to Playas de Este. Guanabo is much preferable and truly Cuban.

Date of experience: July 2011
7  Thank valueadding
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very clear sea, fresh water you could see the ocean botton . I love the beach and this is one of the best I have been in . It reminds me South Beach without the hotels and restaurants but you can enjoy the sun and the people is very friendly.

Date of experience: February 2012
Reviewed May 29, 2012

If Youre craving a nice day at the beach.Playas del este are a 20-30 minute Taxi ride from Havana. The beaches are usually clean and pleasant.Fairly quiet during the week,but a bit crowded on weekends.A good spot to Meet and mingle Cubans and their Families/friends

Date of experience: May 2012