Casa de Sergio and Miriam
$71
Hotels.com
$233
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsplaza viejafriendly hostsan extra nightold havanashared bathroomfresh juicemangolocation was perfectper nightair conditioninglovely familyevery morningfirst floorhouseairportapartmentcasa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Cuba was my first trip outside Europe. I didn't know what to expect. But when I came to casa de Sergio and Miriam, I had a filing that I didn't leave home at all. They became my Cuban family :) They are friendly, helpful, warm, Segio is always laughing, good cooks... If or better when I go back to Havana, they are going to be my first destination.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IngloriousGregorious
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed with Sergio and Miriam several times over the last year or so.
Each time there are visitors from all over the world - Brazil , Italy , Finland , Poland , Canada ....
It is truly amazing how within a very short period of time , you feel as if you are part of their house , and anything you may need - Sergio can assist while in Habana or if you are heading to other places in Cuba. The area where their casa is located is slightly off the beaten path , but the neighbors are freindly and there certainly are fewer tourists - which I appreciated. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank michaelf921
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a lovely stay at Casa de Sergio and Miriam. It is located within walking distance of most every site one would want to visit in Havana. The food was tasty and plentiful. Our room was very comfortable. We particularly enjoyed having our own bathroom. Miriam and Sergio are wonderful hosts, who helped us with suggestions as to how we could best enjoy our stay. We will definitely return to this great spot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AR56_56
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I spent two nights with my boyfriend at Sergio's and Miriam's place in March and 2 more nights in April (rest of the trip we were staying in Santiago). The location of the house is great! Harbour and the centre are both near. The rooms were nice and presentable + bathrooms totally fine and clean. The family was warm, kind and helpfull! I recommend having breakfast there, and to try dinner, at least once, as good restaurants are not so easy to find in Cuba. By the tips of the host family I found and bought totally delicious just grinded coffee to take home and in the last evening me and my boyfriend had the best meal/supper during the whole trip at the restaurant Los Nardos, recommended by Sergio.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I just got home from my second trip to Cuba and second stay at Sergio and Myriam’s place. My friend and I, we liked so much this casa particular last time that we even did not consider another place where to stay this time. And again, it was perfect! All the family do their best to make you feel at home and very welcome. If you want to have an insight into a Cuban family life, this is the right place. It is also very well located in the heart of Havana Vieja, a 5 minutes walk from Plaza Vieja. The rooms are very clean and they serve one of the best breakfasts in all Cuba, with fresh bread and fresh fruits that are bought in a local market every morning. Moreover, Sergio has an incredible ability to resolve any problems you might have within less than 30 minutes, and it is very important in a country that is so unpredictable. They will also provide you with all the information you might need about Havana and Cuba in general. I would truly advise this casa particular to everybody who wants to see and feel authentic Havana.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends