“The kindest people.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa de Sergio and Miriam

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa de Sergio and Miriam
Ranked #74 of 690 Havana B&B and Inns
Rochester, New York
“The kindest people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Sergio and Miriam could not have been kinder or more helpful. My husband's and my room was clean and pleasant. At breakfast we were served the best coffee of our entire time in Cuba (and plenty of it). Sergio arranged completely reliable taxis. Most important: due to a booking mixup elsewhere, we needed spaces at the last minute for 7 other members of our group! Sergio and Miriam efficiently and pleasantly arranged it all in half an hour! You couldn't stay in a better place.

Room Tip: Our room's balcony overlooked the street. Somewhat noisy, but also great views of day-to-day li...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beth-Rochester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Last April me and my housband stayed at Sergio and Miriam´s house. It was really nice experience. The family is hospitable, friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Food is delicious-lots of fresh fruits, different kinds of smoothies for breakfast...and tasty lobster for dinner. We really enjoyed tfe time spent with Sergio.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katarina110
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed with Sergio and Miriam in May last year. It was wonderful and I cant imagine a better way to be welcomed into Havanna life! the house is very nice, the rooms are clean and spacious, the food is really very nice but most of all the family is welcoming, helpful and fun to be around! Sergio helped us to find equally amazing families in other parts of Cuba as well as great clubs and places to go. Its in a great location in Old Havana vey close to the beautiful squares and the major sites. I recommend eating in the house as cuban restaurants are not great, although make sure you have a big apetite because the protions are huge!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mysterious0sausage
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We(4 persons) stayed twice, first arriving 3 nights and when we left Cuba also 3 nights.
Absolutly top Casa Paricular . Very great taking care of their guests ,Very clean and the best
food., Great responibility for people staying in their house. Hope to come back.
Will recommend it to all i know travelling to Cuba.
Karin Erika 68 years from Sweden

Room Tip: The best room is inside the house.and the apartment above.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karin Erika E
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

As I was planning to stay 12 days in Cuba during august 2012, chosing the right place was a big deal for me.

I was not sure about which house to book (there are so many in Havana!), so I shot emails to 20 of them. Sergio was very quick to reply and as he sent me the price he said he had the room already reserved for me. I really liked that attitude and after checking some alternatives I sent him a final confirmation 2 days later.

Now I can say how fortunate I was to stay at Sergio y Miriam.

Sergio and Miriam were waiting for me and promptly got me to a nice room - strong A/C - yeeeeess!!! Sergio said "Once you stay at my house, you are my family. I will only feel alright if you feel alright." and HE REALLY MEANT IT!

They carefully manage to make you feel you have privacy while feeling they are there for whatever you need.

Sergio helped me with places to see, where to eat, how to get around etc. The room had the comfort that I needed - strong A/C, ventilator and a private bathroom. Besides the rooms they have in their apartment, they also have one completely independent room on the same building, with exclusive kitchen and living room.

I was also satisfied with the location: close to Plaza Vieja, and you can reach the center of Havana Vieja (Old Havana) by foot.

The breakfast had a plate with LOTS of fruits, fresh juice, milk, coffee, bread, butter, marmalade and eggs (choose between fried, omelet and mashed). Miriam cooked me a lobster for dinner and it was so tasteful that I had it again another night! Definitely chose to have your breakfast in the house and order sometimes dinner there too.

I wanted to have salsa classes and Sergio arranged classes with a very good teacher who lives one block away - Cecilia. I am not a pro dancer, so all I can say is: I have learned at Cecilia during 2 weeks more that I have learned in 4 months in my country. And for a fraction of the cost. Great experience!

There were some pretty tense moments for me because I could not get cash from the ATM - cards from american banks (wherever country they are issued) are not accepted in Cuba due to the US embargo. So I needed to turn to Sergio for possible solutions and at the end I got the money wired from abroad. It took me several days to solve this issue and they were very kind to allow me to make several collect-calls from their phone, and also receiving some incoming calls. They did all they could to help.

If you plan to go to Cuba, stay at Sergio and Miriam.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Erik T
Warsaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My friend and I were in Havana in November 2011 and we spent almost 3 weeks in Casa de Sergio and Miriam and pretty much felt like home from the first days. The location is great, the rooms are clean and comfy and breakfast is fantastic, but the best part is they'll make you feel less like a tourist and more like a friend visiting from abroad. Everybody is very kind and helpful and will do their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They'll fill you in on everything you need to know, help with bookings in other cities all over Cuba, tell you where the best parties are and you can even take salsa lessons at their casa.
We are going back to Havana this year and didn't even consider choosing another casa, because we were more than happy with last year's experience and are really looking forward to going back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ruxandra A
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This place is beyond belief. The location is excellent, short walk to all the many attractions in Old Havana. Every day, we would take a gorgeous walk around Old Havana and see the museums, plazas, restaurants, street performers and historic buildings. In all fairness, there is nothing really to see in New Havana so don't invest any time there.

Sergio and Miriam go out of their way to make you feel at home + plus they'll give you all in the ins and outs of Cuba. You'll find fresh towels and bed sheets, not to mention a very comfortable bed in which you will never want to get out in the morning.

One last thing, Sergio is very well connected so anything that you need - such as lodging in other parts of Cuba, souvenirs, tobacco, etc - you let him know.

Ahh... ask Sergio and Miriam to cook you some lobster, it's fantastic!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Alberto B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havana
Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort
NH Capri La Habana
NH Capri La Habana
#4 of 78 in Havana
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,445 reviews

Been to Casa de Sergio and Miriam? Share your experiences!