All reviews infinity pool rooftop bar spa area unexpected luxury great theatre incredible hotel fine arts museum old havana turn down service star luxury other hotels rooftop view bring cash rooms are modern could be anywhere central square hotel guests
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2019

Incredible hotel in the center of the old Havana. I was able to enjoy exquisite Cuban rum and cigars in their lounge. The view from the rooftop with the pool is outstanding, you are able to see all La Havana from up there. I recommend a stay at this hotel if you are in La Havana for several days.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Javier M, Director of Operations at Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski La Habana, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Dear ManuP540,

Greetings from Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are glad to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and enjoyed our Cigar Lounge with its rums and cigars, as well as the rooftop bar and pool.

We all hope to have you back soon !

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

This place is a must experience while in Havana.
The view from the top is just magnificent and the pool is the cherry on the cake .
Spotless clean.
Food is ok considering that it’s Cuba but it is overpriced though. For a sandwich and tiramisu and and tonic water they charge you US$42. And I was surprised that server can barely speak English. Still this is the best view of Havana.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Javier M, Director of Operations at Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski La Habana, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

Dear sonjaz425,

Thank you for recently taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our terrace, pool and views.

On the other hand I apologize that you feel that the prices we charge are excessive. We do our very best to ensure our prices are on a competitive level with other five star properties in La Habnba and are constantly monitoring our strategy to deliver a quality service at a reasonable price for our guests. This year we will be strongly focusing on ensuring that will deliver added value to all our guests so that they feel comfortable dining throughout the resort. We will be rolling out a number of new initiatives that will deliver a greater choice and greater value for money for all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2019

Get high above the streets in the heart of old Havana at Manzana Hotel’s alfresco rooftop restaurant or inside of the air conditioned Confluencia restaurant which features essence of a summer pavilion using 3 different styles of furnishing, creating spaces full of intimacy and welcoming daylight similar to the atmosphere in Cuban Paladars.

I booked a table in advance for my partner’s birthday and upon arrival, a hotel employee greeted us with a smile. The elevator doors opened and we saw great view of Havana, with colourful 1950's cars parked down on the streets. I ordered the tuna tartare starter, which wasn’t up to my likings how it was presented, and taste. For main course we ordered the prawns risotto, however my only observation was the fact that the prawns were not cleaned by the Chef, despite that, the meal was okay not outstanding. Anway, a small birthday cake was ordered and it was beatufully presented and much to the surprise of my partner.

Having travelled extensively and worked in a 5 star hotel in London, it becomes the benchmark for other properties worldwide, however, I do understand that the concept of ratings in Latin America much differs to hotel ratings in Europe. But overall, if it's your first visit to the Island's capital, this is a great place to celebrate a nice occasion with fabulous views of Old Havana!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 611Elizeu,
Greetings from Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit. We are pleased to hear that you had a lovely b-day celebration and enjoyed our rooftop. I take notes about your comments regarding the food which I will share with our executive chef for immediate action.
Thanks again and we all look forward to welcoming you back.
Best,

Reviewed May 8, 2019

The hotel is in a great location with beautiful views. The pool deck is a special attraction as you get a great view of the city and some of the city's historic buildings. It is a clean hotel with mostly friendly staff. I rate it a 4 because the food is awful. At breakfast, the buffet has stale pastries and the meats are not fresh. The fruits are not ripe enough, which also reflects on the fruit juices. The coffee is the worst in the city. For the price you pay, you expect fresher food. It's best to eat/drink outside the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Javier M, Director of Operations at Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski La Habana, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear john37383088792,

Thank you for recently taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience in Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski.

I was sorry to learn that despite the fact that in general you enjoyed your time with us there were areas of your experience that did not reach the very high standards that we set ourselves.

I apologize that you feel our breakfast was not up to your expectations. I will share your comments with our executive chef and we both will check personally, as our breakfast is well known as the best one in the Habana.

Thank you again for making your comments known to us as without such feedback we find it difficult to maintain and improve the very high standards we set ourselves. It will certainly direct us in our pursuit to achieve greater guest satisfaction through constant monitoring and re-evaluating of our standards

Reviewed May 6, 2019

Without a doubt the best 5 star hotel in havana with the best location ... el floridita bar just opposite the front door; the grand teatre across the square; the revolution museum just behind the building and walking distance to the four main squares. However it is a frustrating place to stay due to the numerous service issues and annoyances.

Cons:
-hotel does not have a Cuban vibe and is a completely modern design with white decor which gives it a cold feel, especially in the bedrooms and the hotel lacks a large reception area with bar
-check in: despite king rooms confirmed we are told there were only twin lefts left available
-grand deluxe room: actual bedroom area suite is very small compared to that shown on the website and due to decor has a cold feel to it
-breakfast buffet: daily issues with staff not understanding English; water not replicated at the table; ordering coffee was very hard and our egg orders arrived at different times and never with the toast accompanying them
-Room service - recommend don’t order room service as your call isn’t answered and also the staff don’t speak English. Just trying to order a pot coffee became a nightmare.
-Housekeeping - they don’t understand English; laundry not returned within 4 hours for express service and not a full turn down service ... just towels replaced
-Wi fi 12 digit codes to be added in every 10mins

-concierge: excellent and helpful for organising tours, restaurants and shows. All of which can be booked when you arrive.
-airport transfer was outstanding for helping with arrival into havana. Unfortunately not so good with being 10mins late for our pick up return journey.

I would stay again just for the location and the helpful concierge. Also there really isn’t another 5 star hotel in central havana. However, management need to train staff in service especially at reception; at breakfast; those working in room service and any staff answering the phone. Staff must be able to answer and understand requests in English.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Javier M, Director of Operations at Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski La Habana, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Dear sc271979

I was sorry to learn that there were areas of your experience that did not reach the very high standards that we set ourselves.

I am sorry to read that the hotel design and rooms décor are not of your liking and feel the room size was not as expected. I would like to let you know that in our website when you chose the room typology to make the reservation there is a description of the room with the size under “Room feature and Amenities” including a picture of the room. We do our very best to ensure guests get a real idea of what they will find to, precisely, avoid any disappointment. The building itself is an early-20th-century building (built 1894 to 1917) and original façade design is kept. I am also sorry to learn that you did not enjoy the colonial design feeling of the rooms with their high ceilings and windows.

On the other hand, I take notes about your comments regarding the language barrier and service issues, which I will share with the responsible of the areas to rectify Immediately. I can assure you action will be taken to remedy this shortfall in service which you experienced and to avoid a recurrence of the same in the future.