All reviews home away from home old havana irina house beds airport taxi breakfast cuba
Reviewed January 1, 2019

This family owned hostal in Havana was the most relaxing, and the most wonderful place and people we loved, we felt like part of the family we laughed and told stories with the Spanish visitor who was a friend of the family staying there at the time, he was very funny. Noelia would fix my breakfast with so much love, she asked me how I liked my eggs, and what fruit I liked the most and would prepare just the way I like it.
Aime was the house manager and was so nice to us she went with me to many places I needed to go, she unlocked the door for the car port as well as the front gate at any time of the day and night. I was able to meet her nephew and nice who owns the Hostel and they were wonderful. I highly recommend this Hostal, make your reservations ahead of time because they have regular customers from all over the world, and it fills up quick.

Room tip: All of the rooms are very clean and it is a new Hostal. They have rooms on the main floor without stairs.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

I dont even know where to start... Aime was AMAZING!!! such a great hostess. We arrived in the early afternoon they made us breakfast which was DELICIOUS! We speak little spanish but luckily for us Aime spoke french!!! The house is VERY VERY VERY CLEAN. EVEN THE GROUNDS WHERE THERE IS DIRT IS CLEAN! Unfortunately we only stayed one night, i would absolutely stay here again. Its located about 15-20 min away from downtown. Taxi ride may be about 10$. There's AC.. just absolutely cute and comfy. There is no TV but thats ok. Breakfast was amazing! REINA and the lady who gave me her hair pin on the last day, i just wanted to say thank you (sorry i forgot your name) just super super sweet people!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

My family and I were greeted by Mayli's mom, Aime, who provided exceptional service and care. She and Reina attended to us everyday and basically planned our entire trip. Without them, we would have been lost. If you have not been to Cuba, you will likely need a guide, but staying at Villa Havane will solve that because Aime will make sure you are taken care of. Reina made us breakfast daily for a very low cost and made it with love and it was wonderful to wake up to. The taxi drivers were super friendly, I cannot say that enough, and they were prompt and attentive and were like personal tour guides. About the house & tips: -4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms (all beautiful) -10 min from Old Havana by car -No bath towels needed. Only beach towels, if needed -Wifi is available at the local park nearby called Monaco and can be accessed by purchasing an Internet card by any of the local vendors (ask Aime) -You do not need to exchange money at the airport. You can exchange currency anywhere else and avoid the long airport lines -Try to understand the difference in currencies - CUC (Cuba convertible peso) - for tourists - CUP (Cuban peso) - for Cubans Villa Havane felt like a home away from home. Enjoy and please hug Aime, Reina and Duke for me

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

I went with my family tu visit and we really enjoyed our stay, it was nice that the hotel was really close by to downtown without being in the busy neighborhood.
Rooms are nice and clean and the service is great!
They helped us out figuring out where to go and what to see and they have a nice taxi service that is really useful.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2018

The location is really good because it's close to the Center but with the tranquility necessary for a good rest. The food is so fresh, the rooms are so comfortable and very nicely decorated, the people of the house are wonderful and they have been so special with us. We had such a great time in this beautiful colonial house. You absolutely have to stay in Villa Havane !!

Date of stay: July 2018