“Great location”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I spent three nights at the Hotel Parque Central (and one night a week later) and was very satisfied with the property. Rooms are large, comfortable for the most part (the beds were a bit less than I like), the lobby is beautiful and obviously a gathering place for both locals and tourists and the food in the restaurant was, again, for the most part, very good. One of our party was served ribs that appeared to be simply sauced and not cooked but, other than that, everyone enjoyed their meals.

The hotel is located right in Old Havana so there is plenty to see and do within walking distance. We visited several other historic hotels, bars, Cathedral Square and parks and monuments just a few minutes' walk from the door.

The staff was excellent and very accommodating. I returned to my room after midnight the last night I was there, very tired from 12 hours of travel and a long, late dinner to find my bathroom flooded from the room above. One call to the desk and someone from their service staff was there in four minutes, took one look at the problem and called the desk for me. I asked if I needed to go to the desk to get another room and he said, "No, no, we will bring you anther room. Just wait here." In another four minutes, a bellman arrived with a card for another room, swept up my luggage and took me to my new digs. Exactly as something like that should be handled.

Great location, great staff, good rooms.

I will say that the photographs on this page are excellent representations of the property. I'm a little confused that this appears to be set up for their restaurant and not the entire property, but so be it.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We are a lesbian couple of colour which may explain the poor service and horrendous food we recieved at the restaurant of the parque central. The cubans are strongly aware of race and social status and treat people according to their perceptions. Often this results in discrimination in our experience.
We ordered chicken and when it came, it was dried out and flavourless, tasting like cardboard and not even warm. Accompanied by 4 of last night's fries and without condiments, we waited a good 10 minutes for ketchup, which never came. Although the heat and humidity drove us inside, this was an awful meal, reminiscent of service in a 2 or 3 star hotel. We were shocked to find that this restaurant is rated so highly!

3  Thank viajeradelmar
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Cuban food is not good. at all.
After you give up on the 'cuban experience' come here to enjoy a meal or two. get the Spaghetti bolognese, its great, we ate it three times.

1  Thank Aviad S
Reviewed September 17, 2013

All hotels are of an equal standard in Cuba, so not much point moaning about the style of rooms.
Rooms were a bid old looking, but very clean, there is a very nice pool on the hotel roof which you can sit and eat at night. The views are very nice from all tables and the service and food was some of the best we had in Cuba. Also, the breakfest was amazing.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wonderful breakfast buffet. A lot of variety and good service. Unfortunately I couldn't get a Cuban coffee and had to settle for the tourist coffee.