BonaireFUN Appartments
Harbour Village Beach Club(Kralendijk)
$295
$286
$155
$186
$155
Eden Beach Resort(Kralendijk)
$149
$122
Plaza Resort Bonaire(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
$148
$142
Travelocity
Coral Paradise Resort(Kralendijk)
$170
Sand Dollar Condominiums(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
$150
Travelocity
All reviewsbonaire fundive packagestayed in a bedroom apartmentgreat gatheringincredibly helpful and kinddive hutsnorkeling spotclose to downtowndish soapper weekspent weeksbbq nightrolandtruckwannadivediving
Reviewed February 13, 2011

The folks: Roland and Irene (manage & own the place) are great. They are at the location multiple times a day. So should you need anything at all they are there for you. Both are perfect in customer service, help you rent a car, boat or diving trip. Somehow I felt I had my privacey all the time but as soon as I had a question they were on my poarch without ever needing to call or look for them.

The place: The appartments are very clean. The simple but excellent practical design with most furniture built in helps to keep it clean and nice and relatively cold during hot nights. Charming and carefully selected few items of artwork make each appartment individual. All windows are mosquito-screened and can be opened, even in the bathrooms - having a shower and looking at the blue sky or stars. Warm showers, by the way! Sounds silly but not yet a standard at an affordable caribean island resort. The kitchen is fully equippet with a 4-flame gaz stove, microwave and fullsize fridge/freezer unit. The location is perfect, about 3 minutes walking to the closest snorkeling/diving place, couple of minutes more to beach and boat rental. About 15 minutes walking distance to the city center shopping and so on. Restaurants, bars, cafes all along the walk to the city or even closer. The appartments with multiple rooms have all aircon in the bedrooms. The studios have aircon into the living/sleeping room area. As it is off the main road it is quiet at night. It is also very safe, all guest keep the main gate locked all the time, high walls around the complex further help the safety aspects. Each apartments has its nicely by palmtrees hiden patio which gives you a sweet level of privacey. There is a free car park right in front of the buildings for your rental cars, bicycles or scooters can be taken into the complex and parked in front of your appartement. There is a fantastic roof terrasse of the size of the entire complex, you can overlook the interesting tropical weather during the day, sunrise in the morning or beautiful stary nights. Free WiFi.

Summary: Roland and Irene excel in attention to details, where else at this price level do you get free welcome beers in your appartments upon your arrival. Wonderful. You can also see that they are constantely improving the location for their guests. A new plant here, new energy efficient light-fixures there, painting this and that. When I go back to Bonaire I will not look anywhere else. I know where to go.

Bonaire: Great place, the mixture of dutch/european perfectness & the caribean easy way are resulting in a very appealing "melange". While you have a lot of individual freedom and can pretty much do what you like you can at the same time enjoy a very functional infrastructure. It is safe to walk everywhere day and night, I have heard of break-ins at other resorts but not of violance or people being robbed or pick-pocketed. No power failures, perfectly fine drinking water from the tap. Great to see envirnomental engagement too. The last couple of years Bonaire has switched from Diesel-power-stations to, I believe, 16 windmill generators that now deliver the majority of the islands power. The island has a reputation for scuba diving, which for sure is great but it also offers beautiful beaches, plenty of wind for wind or kite surfing, sailing. There is a national park with hills to climb and beautiful bird watching opportunities. I rented a Kayak and paddled to the small bonaire, sensational snorkeling place, turtules, the reef, aquarium alike beautiful colored fishes all around you. You can also take a guided kayak trip through the mangroves (will do next time). The sea salt production is an interesting thing that goes way back in the history of the island and is still active. There are a lot of things to do with your kids, visit the donkey resort or go to one of the very children friendly beaches.

I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank thebluetruck
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Tropicana BonaireFun Apartments for a dive vacation in Bonaire. It was everything we hoped for. It is a very cute little place ... kind of a southwest courtyard bungalow style design. We had a studio. When we go back, we'll probably get a one bedroom. The place is very clean and has all of the basics that one needs on a dive vacation. It is just a block in from the water and a dive shop (Yellow Submarine). So, that was convenient. The neighborhood was quiet and it was a short walk to the center of town. The owners weren't there on our trip, but they were very helpful nonetheless. They did an excellent job making sure our visit was pleasant and we had resources available should anything come up. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Simple, artsy, charming accommodations. Everything one needs in a clean, well-designed studio apartment. Gardens are beautiful. Rooftop views are wonderful. Safe neighborhood. Super host and hostess. I will stay there again for sure and recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

This is second time I've stayed at BonaireFun, and I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else on Bonaire. It is clean, convenient, and even comes stocked with salt and pepper, dish soap and a cleaning brush. It's great to have such basics provided.

The building is interesting architecturally and has an awesome roof deck good for romantic dinners or drinks, sunset/sunrise watching, bird watching, etc. It also has great practical accoutrements such as a big sink to wash out dive gear and racks on which to hang stuff. The courtyard is locked and gear is safe.

Roland and Irene are incredibly helpful and kind. My partner had to spend some time in the hospital, and Irene lent me her cell phone so the staff could reach me at night if necessary.

After he recovered, we ended up having a lovely vacation, snorkeling at all the best spots recommended by Roland. We saw amazing critters!

Roland and Irene also have partnerships with A&B Car Rental and Dive Friends dive shop, which can save you time and money. Both A&B and Dive Friends are very good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I arrived in Bonaire to find that my luggage did not arrive with me. I was really worried! nothing like arriving to 85 degree weather and be wearing sweatpants with no other clothes... I was picked up at the airport by a taxi driver arranged for by Irene and Roland.
I was welcomed to my room by a nice letter letting me know that they would meet me at 9 am after i had a chance to nap.
Irene arrived and upon hearing of my delimma, got her own vehicle and drove me to the store to buy some clothes to wear, and also took me to get groceries and loaned me a snorkel! On the day my luggage did arrive, the airport called Irene and told her they would not deliver it. Irene went to the airport to pick it up and they would not release it to her because she did not have the claim form. She drove back to the apartment , went to get the form, drove back to the airport and put my bag in my room!
Both Irene and Roland helped with all sorts of information about Bonaire and asked about what i wanted to see and do and gave great ideas for things to do and places to go.
The apartments were exactly as I expected ( a good thing!). My studio apartment was spotless, there was a gas stove for cooking, a fridge with a freezer, all good!
the a/c worked great, the bed was comfy, the wifi worked great , the outside upper patio was lovely, a nice place to sit in the evenings, have wine and had a nice breeze :)
The photos on trip advisor and the reviews are all totally on the money...

The apartments are a short walk to Eden beach, which in my opinion is the best place on earth on snorkel and see the best fish! If you are looking for a very clean, very central , very economical place to stay, along with wonderful hosts in Irene and Roland, I would whole heartedly recommend staying here.
I really enjoyed visiting with Irene in the evenings & having a nice glass of wine. I am already planning my next trip to Bonaire!!! and i will stay here every time

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo