“Great view, wonderful fresh food...”

Sebastian's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 127 Restaurants in Kralendijk
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I LOVE Sebastians! I dine here as often as I can. I used to dine at Richards, so once Sebastian moved in to the location, I was beyond excited! And boy, I was not let down. Sebastians is my go-to restaurant on the island. My favorite dishes include the caesar salad, pasta prima vera, tiramisu among others. My family members love the fish dishes. If you are a fish lover (as in food), you wont be let down here. The fish is always fresh, some of the frequent catches include red snapper, barracuda, tuna, mahi mahi, and you never know what the fishermen will catch the day you visit! There are also many WONDERFUL octupus dishes, a fan favorite! Sebastians pasta is to die for.
The location is one of the best parts of this restaurant. No matter where you sit, if its the pier or the on the deck, you will experience an amazing sunset, usually before 7pm year round. And if its a clear day, keep your eyes open for the green flash when the sun disappears!
The drinks are great, with the mojito being one of the best.
The service is wonderful. They are friendly and happy to serve you.

Sebastians Restaurant is a place you shouldnt miss out on when on Bonaire.

And don`t forget to wave goodbye to the chef, Sebastian!

1  Thank caribbeanbabeee
There are newer reviews for Sebastian's Restaurant

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Despite having all three of our children with us...our dining experience was perfectly romantic! The servers were intelligently attentive and the food was amazing...we all savored each unique dish...for a family of foodies...what a delight! You are in for a treat if the octopus is available!

1  Thank WendyG5
Reviewed July 22, 2014

A must while in Bonaire. On the water with a tremendous view of the sunset. The food was excellent and the staff was great, including the complimentary "Woo Woo" cocktail as soon as we were seated. Every dish that we ordered was delicious and most of our group regarded this as the best meal that we had while in Bonaire. I would highly recommend Sebastian's and expect that you will have tremendous food in a a beautiful setting.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

On our honeymoon, I surprised my newlywed by taking her out to dinner for her birthday at Sebastian's Restaurant after a recommendation came from the hotel where we were staying. A few weeks before flying to Bonaire, I booked the special pier table online. I even inquired via email if the restaurant could put flowers on the table for me. Sebastian himself emailed me back, assuring me that he would make us feel special. I was so excited to surprise my new wife with a secluded dinner on the pier at sunset! I couldn't wait to see her face when we were shown were our special table was located. Finally, the night arrived and we entered the restaurant; it is clean and modern, with excellent views and sounds of the water crashing on shore. No one else was dining there that evening, which surprised me. However, to my dismay, we were not led to the pier table and instead were led to a table for 6 on the deck, overlooking the pier table where a couple was already sitting--they were the only other guests in the restaurant! I instantly notified the hostess to the problem. Confused, she returned to the host stand and another server approached us, explaining that the pier table was taken and flippantly commented that there must have been a mixup with my reservation. I was outraged! I explained that I booked the table weeks in advance and even exchanged emails with Sebastian about the special occasion. None of my complaining helped. After sitting down at an incredibly large table for just two people, angrily staring at two other lovebirds enjoying the sunset on the pier, I wanted to instantly leave. Who wouldn't?! My wife stated she'd like to stay and assured me that the table was just fine. The flippant server returned and as I gave him the look of death, he admitted that he was sorry and that the restaurant would do everything possible to make it up to us. I admit, the staff did try their best to make us happy by giving us extra food and drinks for free. Yes, the freebies made us satisfied because they were yummy and free of charge, but it didn't solve the mismanagement issue with the reservation, nor did it put on on the pier. Thankfully, the other couple left the pier as we finished our dinner and we enjoyed our dessert out there, along with a free after-dinner drink. So, my message is this: confirm, confirm, confirm your reservation, especially if you make it online. However, when you eat here, you'll be happy. It is a charming place with delicious food.

5 stars for the food; 1 star for mismanagement = 3 stars overall

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The taste of the food is surpricently a taste of heaven on youre tongue.
I truely recommend this restaurant too everybody who
appreciate quality.