“Most unique vacation rental we've ever had”
other travelers have booked this property
Relax in the breeze on the veranda and enjoy the stunning view of the Caribbean Sea.
Imagine having your breakfast here... Living room and veranda are one when the easy sliding doors are open.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Imagine having your breakfast here...
Living room and veranda are one when the easy sliding doors are open.
6 easy sliding doors connect the living room and the veranda.
Neighbor artist Germaine Nijdam is well represented in the apartment.
bedroom and adjacent bathroom
sunset
The bonairean oleander in the background blooms almost all year.
the succulent garden in front of the apartment.
Guest Manfred the Wit made this nice picture of a green emerald hummingbird in my garden.
Not in my garden, but you can see Flamingo's on Bonaire.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
mixpix45
Augusta, Georgia
“Most unique vacation rental we've ever had”
Reviewed May 17, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Our stay at the Bonaire Seaview Apartments was an interesting visit. The owner was out of town that week, but he kept in contact with me early and assured me that a friend would meet my husband and I at the airport and guide us back to the apartment. We landed in Bonaire late and the car rental agency was TERRIBLE and refused to contact our host for us. Our phones (Verizon) don't work internationally and we were fighting with pay phones in the airport. Finally a taxi driver took pity on us and called our host to let her know we had arrived. From there, the start of the visit went smooth.

They have a lot of essentials stocked in their kitchen for your use. They left a bottle of wine and two beers in the fridge for us as well as simple condiments such as ketchup, mayo, butter, coffee, etc. It was so nice not having to buy things that would just get thrown away at the end of the week!

The apartment was interesting. I'm not quite sure what we had fully expected. The sleeping quarters are separate from the kitchen/living room. The kitchen/living room are basically all Open Air. If you want to open a window or open the shutters - there are no screens. Luckily I packed a ton of mosquito repellant and the wind was howling during our visit so we had few problems with them.

There are screens in the bedroom and in the main bathroom. There are two bathrooms. The full bathroom in the bedroom and a partial powder room in the living room/kitchen. The main bathroom did not have a door. There is also no shower door so you have to squeegee dry your bathroom floor after every shower. Not a big deal, but just so you know what to expect.

There is air conditioning in the bedroom BUT in the guest book it stated that if you went over your electricity "allotment" that you would be charged an overage for electric costs. It also stated that if you were the type that needed to sleep with AC every night that you could ask the owner for an estimate on how much that overage might cost. Since the owner was not present, we were a little unsure on how the AC/electric situation worked so We chose to sleep with just the fan for most of the week. We also visited on an extremely windy week which was kind of a blessing.

If you don't open up your bedroom shutters, be aware that the wind will make a horrible howling noise. Also, if you open the shutters - the birds and the sun will have you up prior to 7am every morning.

The only blankets provided in the apartment were two top sheets. I froze my butt off the first two nights and ended up sleeping with both sheets and leaving my husband to fend for himself. I live in the southern US and I air condition our house to 83 degree Fahrenheit in the summer and I still sleep with a blanket. I understand that I'm a freak of nature, but this is just the only place I've ever traveled to where blankets were unavailable. Our host brought us extra pillows and sheets and those were helpful at bringing us some comfort. We also canvassed all of Kralendijk to find us some ear plugs to block out the wind and bird noise. If you're a light sleeper, this may not be the place for you.

During the middle of the week a cleaning team arrived on my front porch around 7:45 in the morning. I was still in my pajamas and I was never told that a cleaning team comes to visit or what days they visit. I was a little freaked out when strangers all of a sudden arrived on my front step. They were wonderful people and did a great job, but I wish I had known that a cleaning team was coming.

All that aside, the view was breathtaking. I loved being able to cook 90% of our meals in the apartment and grocery stores on the island were very reasonable. We spent a lot of time on the deck playing cards and relaxing.

This would be the perfect apartment for the right guests. I think I prefer being closer to the ocean and being less isolated. Since there was no phone available in the apartment and our phones did not work internationally, that was a little frustrating when things went awry like our tire going flat or our car not starting. The apartment did have working Wi-Fi and that ended up being our saving grace for a lot of issues we had. All our correspondence with our host had to be done through email.

The apartment does have a security system which made me feel a little more secure when we would leave every day to travel.

For the price and for the right guests, the apartment is wonderful and the hosts are very gracious and hospitable.

Esther_Gi...
Berlin, Germany
“Very nice apartment....”
Reviewed December 25, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

....with a lot of space and a beautiful view. The flat is well equipped and clean. If you have any questions or needs you can ask Wietze and he will help you with his huge knowledge about the island. He is a very helpfull housekeeper too. In the garden you will meet a lot of lizards, iguanas and birds.

People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Virgilio...
Ushuaia, Argentina
“THE BEST VIEW WITH A FRIENDLY OWNER”
Reviewed November 18, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We are a couple from Patagonia (argentina), divers in Beagle channel (very cold water). It is the four consecutive season we visit Bonaire, but the lodge selection this time was the best!!!!!
The apartment is perfect, very comfortable, big, clean, and you have all you need for a lovely stay, specially the Wietze´s company, the owner of the best view in Bonaire!!!!. We will repeat the experience next year. Bonaire is special, like his people.

Liked best: The friendly owner, Wietze
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Janet W
Burbank
“Spectacular View!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

A lovely apartment situated in a quiet neighborhood with a spectacular view of the island and Klein Bonaire. The living room opens onto the porch that showcases the view. A pleasant breeze kept us comfortable throughout our two week stay in July. Our host was extremely knowledgeable about the island and the local attractions to enjoy. After 15 years of visiting the island, we discovered new treasures based on his advice.

ma.
Reviewed February 6, 2014 for a stay in February 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
c_burger8...
Veere, The Netherlands
“Seaview First class”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 for a stay in November 2012

Lovely place, build uphill so you can enjoy the nice breeze and a stunning view over the Island and the ocean. Well equipped, nice veranda surrounded by a lush tropical garden.
I loved this place, was perfect to us. We rented a car, parking is in front of the house. As we are divers, this was the perfect place to stay. Enough storage for our gear and a fresh water hose. It's a bit out of town, but who cares you are on an Island! Good advise on where to go from the owner. Best thing: have a drink on the rooftop with the owner and friends. Thanks Wietze!

Traveling group: Partner
New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing