“Don't Miss Out on this One!”
Review of Chez Madeleine - CLOSED

Chez Madeleine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Chez Madeleine is set in a casual and relaxed garden setting with very few tables so a reservation is a must. The chef (owner) and his lovely wife Madeleine run the restaurant. No need to repeat what others have send, the reviews are all correct. After experiencing three weeks of dining in Bonaire we chose Chez Madeleine as our favourite. Would recommend food lovers discover this restaurant early in your trip as you will want a repeat visit!

2  Thank Marilyn195511

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I think its a toss up for best restaurant on Bonaire between Madeleine. Both are small, both are run by husband and wife teams.
Madeleine has limited seating and a single server, the chef's wife. She is very pleasant and attentive.
I had barracuda and my wife had veal.Both dishes were very well prepared, and nicely presented.
When we return to Bonaire, Madeleine Cafe is on the top of our list

2  Thank Charles G
Reviewed February 7, 2014

At Chez Madeleine you feel immediatly at home in a laid back classy atmosphere. View at the pool and welcomed by the very friendly host. The chef (owner) makes sure that every dish is as well a lush for the eye as the inner feeling.

Be sure to reserve in advance.

3  Thank 1Bart2014
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Madeleine is charming. Food is very tasty and beautifully served. A little slow on Service, but the chef came out and apologized for the wait. If you want the chocolate fondant dessert, order with meal bc it is a fifteen minute wait.. It sounds wonderful, but we were out of "wait". We all had fish and it was delicious. I'd return if our vacation schedule allows it.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Excellent, excellent meal! My husband actually did a taste-off between the rack of lamb and Bistro de Paris and Chez Madeleine... he said both were excellent, but I thought Chez Madeleine edged out the competition. The liver pate was absolutely amazing - definitely try it. And pretty much anything with the awesome béarnaise sauce would be heaven - I think the chef could put my scuba fin in the sauce and I would go to town!

(Do wear long pants and have bug spray on hand!)

3  Thank Jen_Ella_In_DC