“New dining experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez Madeleine - CLOSED

Chez Madeleine
Cuisines: French, Belgian, European, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ohio
“New dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

It is nice to see so many new and innovative restaurants on Bonaire. We first came to Bonaire for diving but now dining has added a new dimension to our vacations. We tried 3 "new" to us, restaurants this trip and not one of them disappointed us. That never happens. We are quite particular in our dining requirements. One will notice in the reviews of this restaurant all the comments about the goat cheese salad. The reason is it is simply that good. We also ordered the Spicy shrimp with tagliatelle pasta and lamb chops with thyme, plus a nice bottle of Pinot and our bill was $130. Good service, a quite intimate atmosphere and good food all combined for an enjoyable dining experience.

Kralendijk, Bonaire
“exciting menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was invited to celebrate my birthday with a nice dinner and
I choose this one because I had heard so many good things of the food. Actually is a cozy small restaurant open air, lots of palm trees around it, 6 tables, Madelaine, herself is the hostess, a very nice lady. The menu is completely different then other restaurants, exotic food, nice appetizers , we had fried cheese squares and duck pate, and main course duck breast with a nice wine sauce and tenderloin with a white truffel sauce. Desserts hummmm crepe Suzette!,
You will enjoy it , I will love to enjoy all their other dishes on the menu.

3 Thank kushina
New Orleans, Louisiana
“wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Being from New Orleans (although I consider Bonaire "home") & traveling with the owner of a French restaurant here, I was not excited about eating French/Belgian food on Bonaire. Boy was I WRONG...I can't wait to get back home to eat there again & again! We started with the foi gras (I can't spell & it would be an insult to the chef to call it pate'). I had the salad with the goat cheese from Rincon & my friend had a fish dish with a bernaise sauce. Since my return to New Orleans, hardly a day goes by that I don't get a craving for the foi gras....I am unable to locate anything here that compares to it! I could go on & on raving about how awesome the entire dining experience was but I'm just going to say you'll have to try it for yourself. If you are on a budget, & want to have 1 very special meal, Chez Madeline is the place to do it.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank lbr27
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Chez magnificent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We loved every bite from the goat cheese salad to the crepe Suzette! This is just our second night here and we plan on going back before we leave. Just a short walk from Harbor Village.

3 Thank famcurry
Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs, Canada
“Belgian excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Looking for something different for my wife's birthday we went to Chez Madelaine and were not disappointed. The restaurant is very cozy and has a small dining area so plan ahead and make a reservation. The music is authentic with many of the great French crooners singing at a moderate level, conversation there is easy. The food is terrific with lovely sauces and fresh ingredients from local suppliers. The service is prompt and the waitress knowledgable, she even speaks 4 languages.
My goat cheese salad and lamb main course were spot on very satisfying and my wife quail salad and duck main course made her night. We finished the night with a chocolate fondant as happy birthday play over the sound system. We will certainly add this place to our need to go back list.

4 Thank Steve R