Ways to Experience Bonaire Kiteschool
from $256.42
from $208.34
from $105.13
More Info
All reviews complete beginner learning how teacher equipment skills bonaire boats dutch knowledge rent
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My kiteboarding lessons January 2014 with Lars, the owner of Bonaire Kiteschool, were the best most informative lessons I have received to date. I have taken 31 hours of lessons so far,at different locations, and the 7 hours of lessons from Lars were the best yet. He is the most qualified instructor on the Island, he holds an , IKO Level 2 SENIOR license, and it shows !!!!! He had tips on how to rig the equipment I have not heard before. A few hints on how to body drag to recover my board that no instructor has ever told me. After 24 hours of lessons with other instructors, Lars finally explained to me how to hold the power bar in relation to the kite in the sky. No instructor ever caught this mistake before!!! I could list a dozen more tips Lars gave me in the seven hours of lessons...but you get the idea !!!! PS...I have one complaint with Trip Advisor....I don't know how a person can write a review on a kiteboarding school when all they do is drive into the parking lot, sit down on a rock and watch all the kiteboarders in the ocean and then give a "3 green dot" rating !!! These reviews are suppose to be informative about a Kiteboarding school and their instructors, not just to leave a review that states.......

"We were just there to observe and take some pictures. It was interesting to watch them" And then just give them a " 3 green dot rating" . Not a helpful review at all and not a fair review !!!

'

4  Thank Thomas T
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The guys and girls of Bonaire Kiteschool are wonderful instructeurs. Their equipment is good and they really try to make their lessons tailor made to your needs. When going out on sea they join you in a boat and have special radio helmets so you can hear their instructions. I had a good time taking lessons at Bonaire Kiteschool. Bonaire is a perfect place to start your kite surfing career - as I did - or enjoy a few hours of kiting when you're already a pro. They look after you and pick you up by boat if you can't surf back to shore. I liked their vibe and am sure that you will as well!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We did a 3 hours beginner class

It was a nice experience and we had a lot of fun

The island sounds perfect for kitesurfing

Reviewed January 9, 2014

If you want some real good instructions on how to kite board then I would definitely recommend Bonaire Kite school. My instructor did a fantastic job at explaining clearly, every detail I needed to know in order to kite board. It only took me a 3 hour split lesson with my 2 other family members, to get up on the board. The equipment is nicely organized and everything is very perfectly set up.
The staff are such kind and pleasant people to be around which was really nice.
Just overall, a wonderful and very professional school to learn how to Kite board! :)

1  Thank Madison_Dickinson
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I would defiantly recommend this to anyone wanting to pick up a new hobby or just trying something new! The instruction is easy to understand in English and Dutch. The instructors know what they are doing and help you out to the best of their abilities, as there is only so much they can do from a boat. I've had two lessons so far and can already get up on the board. One more lesson and I would be able to do my own boarding! Even if you are not interested in lessons, its just as fun standing on the beach and watching the pros do their thing!