“Bas is the best!”
Review of BAS Diving

BAS Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: With 20 years of experience of diving on the East Coast from shore. Bas Tol is the guide to use if you want to explore diving on the East Coast. With the East Coast being the more undived side from Bonaire the reefs and fishlife you find over there is not comparable with the West Coast. If you done it once you want to do it again!
Philadelphia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Bas is the best!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We personally discovered Bas Tol this summer after many years of hearing about him on Bonaire. In July, he took our two teenage sons out to certify them to be lionfish hunters. What a fantastic adventure! Bas took them to some remote spots and they had a blast eradicating about 100 lionfish. After the positive and very successful experience with the lionfish hunting, we took two East Coast dives with Bas. Clearly, Bas has done these dives many, many times and has developed a very detailed system for making the dives safe and exciting. Bas really has it down to a science and knows where the critters are hiding. OK--it's nature and it doesn't always work out perfectly, but he clearly knows the habits and homes of many of the fish and creatures he showed us. We just returned from another week in Bonaire and did two dives at Cai with Bas, one during the day and one at night. Once again, we had a wonderful and informative time. Even though we have done about 200 dives in Bonaire, we saw about ten new animals on our day dive with Bas and another dozen or so on our night dive. What an experience! So glad that I had Bas to guide us as it can be so disorienting over there. I felt like I was exploring a cave with all sorts of alien creatures full of tentacles and claws---just amazing to see so many lobsters, shrimp, conch, squid, eels. Gives me the shivers! But it was great!!!! Even though we are staunchly independent shore divers, we truly benefited from doing some guided dives with Bas. You will not be disappointed!

Visited November 2012

Sacramento, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Always an amazing dive with Bas Diving!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been diving with Bas a number of times since 2005 when I experienced my first East Side dive on Bonaire. I was given a detailed description of the dive, one which many had described as "difficult". Not only was it not difficult but I was able to see many large and small creatures that I might have missed had it not been for Bas' keen eye! The longer you're able to dive, the better; I had my longest dive ever at 1 hr. 53 min., spare your air! Bas is patient and a great guide, able to match your dive abilities with some great sites that are otherwise missed on Bonaire.

Visited November 2011