I just returned from my second trip to Bonaire and second stay at Belmar. The location, right on the ocean, couldn't be better. All the apartments are just steps from the water (either the pool or the ocean). This trip, I shared Apt 1 with a friend: an end unit, closest to the water. It has a beautiful lanai with ceiling fans to move the air not stirred by ocean breezes. With the screened windows open in the front door, and the wide sliding glass doors opened to the lanai, a good breeze cools the apartment. The bedrooms (2) are air-conditioned and as cool as you want them to be. The decor was rather shabby but Belmar Staff informed me the unit would be renovated right after I checked out (my luck!). Last time, I stayed in Apt 3, which has already been renovated, and I could see that it is very very nice. The kitchens are well-equipped with all the basics. Although the landscaping isn't exquisite, the flowering shrubbery is attractive.The staff are super-friendly and super-helpful, really top-notch: arranging for restaurant reservations (or just giving recommendations that were spot-on), helping with damaged equipment, providing rental gear. They also arranged pick-up and drop-off at the airport at the crack of dawn when our flight arrived/departed. Our package included a truck, which was delivered to the apartment complex. Diving couldn't be easier: just grab an air tank and drop off the dock in front of the apartments. I rated this property a 4 instead of a 5 because of the tired decor (which, to a minor degree extended to the actual complex itself) and the rather weak housekeeping (every other day they supply fresh, sad-looking towels, the bed linens came loose after I turned over a couple of times, and they mop the floors with eye-watering industrial strength cleaner).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small and intimate resort with a colorful garden and of course, spectacular ocean views wrapped around terraces and balconiesTake leave of your everyday stress and step into an exclusive resort that refreshes your body and soul!Now we have made it even easier, try our Drive, Dive and Stay packages and Surf Away Packages. Or any one of our three diving packages - unlimited shore diving, 1-tank boat dives, or 2-tank boat dives. Not to worry we have non-diver rates as well.Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Bonaire offering first class accommodations to scuba divers, sun-seekers, snorkelers, birdwatchers, nature lovers, and especially the "get away from it all" vacationer. Enjoy shore diving from our resort anytime of day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmar Oceanfront Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Hotel Bonaire
- Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Bonaire/Kralendijk