GOOOD Resort
$186
$155
$155
Plaza Resort Bonaire(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
$148
$126
  • Breakfast included
Harbour Village Beach Club(Kralendijk)
$295
$237
$226
Sand Dollar Condominiums(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
$150
Travelocity
Eden Beach Resort(Kralendijk)
$126
Travelocity
All reviewsother guestsplace to staycomfy hammocksklein bonairebed and breakfastdive sitesyogurtdive lockerspersonal attentionlaid backa wonderful staysmall resorteach morningminute drivebeautiful poolgreat resortnice breeze
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first trip to Bonaire. I did a lot of research before going (thank you Trip Advisor)! My husband was going to dive. I don't dive and wanted a place that I would be comfortable and enjoy. This resort is not on the water and I had my hesitations at first. But, I couldn't have chosen a better place!!!! It's a little hard to find in the beginning but they will show you the way. It was fun to drive through the local neighborhoods getting there and you started to feel like you lived there. :) There are only FIVE rooms here and I have a feeling it will be harder and harder to book one of those rooms in the future. Esther is your host for the week and she is one of a kind!! She has knowledge of the island and can tell you little things you need to know as you go along. She is also an excellent cook!!!! The breakfast is provided every morning and she does her best to make sure you are satisfied. We set the alarm clock just to make sure we didn't miss the serving hours between 7:30 and 9:30! Definitely a treat not to be missed!!!! If you are feeling social then you can make friends with the other people staying there and if not then there are plenty of places to go and be alone during the day. The hammocks are super comfy with all the pillows that Esther sets them up with. If you enjoy bird watching you can do that too as there are a couple of "sugar thieves" that have a nest under the porch. The dogs that are part of the family are also a joy to be around. They are brothers and are old. So they are very laid back :) Some more perks for the resort are WiFi and a safe in each room. Esther will also share her kitchen with you. There is a refrigerator for guest to use. I bought some bread that required baking and it was nice to be able to use the stove for the 8 minutes that it took :) The water is solar and it was best for me to take a shower in the evening. You have to let it run for a bit but don't worry about wasting water as it's reused for all the pretty plants that surround this little oasis!!! My husband takes two showers a day and that morning one was very cold!!!! Even though I don't dive, I did get to listen to my husband's praise for the set up that Minnow has for the divers. Lockers for your dive gear and places to wash your gear. He also has onsight dive tanks so that you can pick them up from there and go shore diving. Minnow also has his own boat and will post on the board as to when he will be taking the boat out for diving. He will also take along snorklers. I rode out one day and read my book while everyone else was diving. Very Peaceful!!!! On Friday's for 40.00 per person you can go on a sunset cruise. I enjoyed seeing and taking pictures of the island from the boat. Esther makes all kinds of food for the boat and rum punch. Then when you get back and think the super evening is over.......Esther has prepared MORE FOOD and you wind the evening down with a feast there at the resort!!! It was a wonderful way to end the fantastic week that we had while staying at the Goood Resort!!!!! One thing I might mention....they don't have TV's in the room but I found that to be nice as I enjoyed the quite time :) You can't go wrong staying here just be sure to book as early as you can as it stays full!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ausuml
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We recently returned from out trip to Goood Resort in Bonaire. This was just our second trip there, but we were welcomed like family and that feeling continued all week.
Menno and Ester are very gracious hosts and the breakfasts are wonderful.
The diving was great. Their dive boat is top notch and the dive guides were great.
We hated to leave and want to go back asap. This is the way a vacation should be.
Unlike some hotels and resorts that encourage or beg for a good review to be written on TA, this review was totally unsolicited. I just felt compelled to write it because of the great time we had.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rhino414
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our 4'th trip to GOOOD [Deep Blue View] Bonaire. I won't repeat all of the accolades stated in my previous reviews as these continue to be very well deserved. This time it was like returning to a luxurious home where we could enjoy our daily snorkeling trips and relaxing around the pool sharing our adventures with other snorkelers and divers. We enjoyed visiting some of our favorite sites including: Wiaka, Salt Pier, Karpata, Klein Bonaire and Andrea 1 where I swam within touching distance of a Manta Ray...a high point in my snorkeling career.[ Many thanks to Menno and Esther for arranging this]
A great value for those enjoy a small venue and wonderful personal service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed with Menno and Esther at GOOOD resort for only a few days, but really enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness there. Atmosphere was very good and although we only stayed for 3 nights, Menno and Esther did everything to accomodate us, from a perfect home-cooked breakfast in the morning, to a personalized welcome in your hotelroom (the cutest we've ever seen, different and creative every day), and a well-organised and very comfortable guided boat-dive.
It should be noted that there are a few dogs (very keen on and even very used to some of the guests) on the property, which was not a problem at all for us, but might be for other travelers. But even if you don't like dogs, we would still heartily recommend this B&B for a perfectly relaxed few (or more) days on Bonaire!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hessel N
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the third time we have visited Gooodive (formerly Deep Blue View) and it certainly won't be the last. Everything about this 5 room boutique B&B is just as we would wish and seeing Esther and Menno again was like being greeted by old friends.

The air-conditioned rooms are kept spotlessly clean by Milena, and have the biggest and comfiest beds I've seen. The fresh water pool and jacuzzi is just beautiful, with a fantastic view of the ocean and Klein Bonaire. There are plenty of sunbeds and some shady spots for cooling down, including several double hammocks that are full of cushions. The patio area has plenty of room and cosy corners for privacy and peace if that’s what you want, or there’s a big communal table which seats 12 if you’re feeling sociable. Wifi is available for those who can’t entirely leave the outside world behind.

The breakfasts, freshly cooked to order by the very talented Esther, are plentiful and varied; my favourite are the banana pancakes, but her omelettes, poached eggs on toast and fried eggs with bacon are just as good. Your choice is also accompanied by several types of cereal, unlimited coffee and tea and a dish of freshly chopped fruit with yoghurt. There is a fridge freezer for guests to keep food and drinks cold, which also contains bottles of chilled & frozen water to take away on trips out. Esther was happy for us to use the kitchen for cooking occasionally, which kept the dinner bills down as we were there for 23 days on honeymoon. There are also two large gas BBQs which can be used by guests, and Esther gave us directions to a local’s house where we could buy fresh Wahoo steaks for $8 per kilo.

The dive facilities are also fantastic here. Each room has its own secure locker pre-assigned and the water in the double risk tanks is changed ever day, so it’s easy to keep gear clean and tidy. Full tanks are always available for shore diving and the rental gear is high quality and in great condition. Since we last visited, Menno has acquired a bigger and more luxurious boat, Me Jadato, which was a real treat for boat diving. It can seat 18, but there were never more than 12 divers aboard when we were there, which allowed plenty of room for kitting up. His second-in-command, Elisabetta, is a great dive instructor and huge fun, she was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the dives and handles the boat like a pro.

We also enjoyed a rum punch sunset cruise up and down the west coast aboard Me Jadato which was a lot of fun, with delicious snacks and lots of photo opportunities and discussion about which seafront mansion we would own if/when the lottery win arrives. This was followed by a BBQ back at Gooodive at which we tasted lionfish for the first time: delicious! Menno is at the forefront of the battle to keep the reefs clear of this invasive species and goes hunting as often as he can.

We asked advice from both Esther and Menno on shore dives and they gave us great information. We ticked off almost all our ‘must-see’ list, including two octopus, several sting rays, an eagle ray, several turtles and a seahorse. The manta ray that has been cruising the area eluded us, but another guest saw it on a snorkel trip with Esther!

All-in-all, this is just the best B&B on Bonaire and we don’t know why it’s not rated number 1. We have also stayed at Villa Safir, which is a useful second choice, but just doesn’t have the same space, privacy, comfy hammocks or pool size as Gooodive. Reserve us a hammock, Esther, we’ll be back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, but Triggerfish is the largest and has the biggest bathroom.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple