“Good prices, excellent service”
Review of Fish Eye Photo

Fish Eye Photo
More attraction details
Owner description: Fish Eye Photo offers underwater photography courses, camera rentals and is also a camera store which empathizes (but not limited to) underwater/in water cameras. We also stock accessories like, strobes, video lights, batteries & chargers, filters, arm systems, memory cards and much more.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had to pick up some GoPro accessories. Fish Eye has a good selection of red filters, trays and lights and the prices are a surprisingly small premium over amazon.com.

The owner gave me an extensive briefing and unboxing of the kit I purchased. Will go back for sure.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were recently in Bonaire on a dive trip and had a couple of camera related issues while on our trip. The owner of Fish Eye (I think his name is Tim), helped us out and was a great resource for us. He has a great selection of GoPro materials and was really helpful with the questions we had, he took the time to chat and make sure had everything we needed. If you're on Bonaire and need anything camera related this is the guy to go to!

ps. his prices are really competitive as well, which is also a bonus. Cheaper than the dive shops in town.

Go Holland!!!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I recently added photography to our scuba skills. We have been taking classes from Tim at Fish Eye Photo for the past three years on our annual dive trips to Bonaire. He instructs in the morning and goes diving with us after lunch to watch us practice what we learned. Then we go back to the studio and he critiques our work. The quality of our photos has improved astronomically. I plan to continue taking his classes as long as he will have us.
If you want to improve your skills, you can't find a better teacher. Tim brings to the table the knowledge of a professional photographer and a natural teaching ability. And the class is lots of fun!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I found this shop looking for a new camera and underwater housing. Found what I was looking for and I was helped in a professional way. Went back afterwards with a friend for some questions about extra parts and maintenance of a GoPro 3+ . As the GoPro was't bought at this shop, we did not get any help at all. According to me not a customer friendly response at all. And this after spending quite some money on a camera + housing! :-( Very disappointed and we will not buy the parts I need for the GoPro at this shop!

1  Thank Wim1919
FishEyePhoto, Owner at Fish Eye Photo, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We sincerely regret to hear this.
Al purchases at Fish Eye Photo include free instruction on both cameras and accessories.
However we cannot instruct everyone for free when equipment is purchased elsewhere.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The snorkeling in Bonaire was just so amazing that we decided to rent an underwater camera so we could show others what it was like and capture some memories. We rented a camera from Fish Eye Photo for the day, and took it on our morning snorkel trip. I thought I was taking lots of photos, and we went back to the shop to get a fresh battery at lunchtime since the indicator showed the power was low. We took the owner up on the offer to view the photos at the same time, and were shocked that there were about 18 photos, when I thought I had taken well over 50. The owner of the shop insisted that I must not have used the camera correctly, and gave me another lesson in using the camera. We went snorkeling again in the afternoon, and I made sure to check that the digital camera showed the photo for a few seconds after I snapped a shot. But when we returned the camera to the shop at the end of the day, and the owner transferred the photos to my laptop computer, again we had only a small number compared to the almost 100 that I thought I had taken. The owner insisted I must have again used the camera improperly, and stated this had never happened before with a customer. He still charged us the full price for the camera, even though it did not work properly (in my opinion).

Now, maybe I just had bad luck, and there was something wrong with the camera or the memory card, but I don’t think it was the way I using of the camera. We went to a different shop the next day (at the Buddy Dive resort), rented another camera, and I had no problems with that camera, taking about 160 photos over the course of a day.