“Tim is a fabulous teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fish Eye Photo

Fish Eye Photo
More attraction details
Owner description: Fish Eye Photo offers underwater photography courses, camera rentals and is also a camera store which empathizes (but not limited to) underwater/in water cameras. We also stock accessories like, strobes, video lights, batteries & chargers, filters, arm systems, memory cards and much more.
Pike Road, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tim is a fabulous teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I recently added photography to our scuba skills. We have been taking classes from Tim at Fish Eye Photo for the past three years on our annual dive trips to Bonaire. He instructs in the morning and goes diving with us after lunch to watch us practice what we learned. Then we go back to the studio and he critiques our work. The quality of our photos has improved astronomically. I plan to continue taking his classes as long as he will have us.
If you want to improve your skills, you can't find a better teacher. Tim brings to the table the knowledge of a professional photographer and a natural teaching ability. And the class is lots of fun!

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed Feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I found this shop looking for a new camera and underwater housing. Found what I was looking for and I was helped in a professional way. Went back afterwards with a friend for some questions about extra parts and maintenance of a GoPro 3+ . As the GoPro was't bought at this shop, we did not get any help at all. According to me not a customer friendly response at all. And this after spending quite some money on a camera + housing! :-( Very disappointed and we will not buy the parts I need for the GoPro at this shop!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Wim1919
FishEyePhoto, Owner at Fish Eye Photo, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We sincerely regret to hear this.
Al purchases at Fish Eye Photo include free instruction on both cameras and accessories.
However we cannot instruct everyone for free when equipment is purchased elsewhere.
Cincinnati, Ohio
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Maybe we just had bad luck, but….”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

The snorkeling in Bonaire was just so amazing that we decided to rent an underwater camera so we could show others what it was like and capture some memories. We rented a camera from Fish Eye Photo for the day, and took it on our morning snorkel trip. I thought I was taking lots of photos, and we went back to the shop to get a fresh battery at lunchtime since the indicator showed the power was low. We took the owner up on the offer to view the photos at the same time, and were shocked that there were about 18 photos, when I thought I had taken well over 50. The owner of the shop insisted that I must not have used the camera correctly, and gave me another lesson in using the camera. We went snorkeling again in the afternoon, and I made sure to check that the digital camera showed the photo for a few seconds after I snapped a shot. But when we returned the camera to the shop at the end of the day, and the owner transferred the photos to my laptop computer, again we had only a small number compared to the almost 100 that I thought I had taken. The owner insisted I must have again used the camera improperly, and stated this had never happened before with a customer. He still charged us the full price for the camera, even though it did not work properly (in my opinion).

Now, maybe I just had bad luck, and there was something wrong with the camera or the memory card, but I don’t think it was the way I using of the camera. We went to a different shop the next day (at the Buddy Dive resort), rented another camera, and I had no problems with that camera, taking about 160 photos over the course of a day.

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Changed my dive trip for the better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I knew that I wanted to capture the underwater experiences of my dive trip on camera, but I quickly got overwhelmed when researching the right camera to buy. As I'm young, I was not prepared to spend $500+ on the kind of dive camera and housing that would give me the quality of photograph I wanted, so I decided to rent. Fish Eye Photo was right near my hotel and I was able to rent a solid camera for $65 a day. With some helpful hints and tips from Tim I was able to capture some pictures that I'm very proud of for a first time diver and underwater photographer. If you're looking to rent, buy or take some photography lessons, I highly advise Fish Eye Photo.

Visited December 2013
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, United States
“Tim saves my trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have to first start off by saying that Tim Peters of Fisheye Photo turned my stressful situation into a pleasant experience.
I noticed a problem on my first dive in Bonaire (my 6th dive with the new housing), Tim analyzed the situation at FishEye Photo and he informed me that my bulkhead and cable connection was flimsy and weak... barely put together. I tried another dive and the pictures had no saturation what so ever so I took it back to him. He looked at the cord again and it completely fell apart.
I asked him to call the retailer, Reef Photo, to explain the issue and he gladly did. They were not much help at the time and I was very upset! To make a long story short, Tim kept the housing and had others come by and look at it. He went way above any expectations , he really cared and did his best to get me back shooting in the water.
Tim disabled the electrical connection so I could use optical strobes. He made a phone call and with the help of him and another gentlemen I was back in the water shooting with Inon strobes for the remaining time I was there.
Tim saved my trip, I thought for sure it was going to be a wash! Thank you so much Tim and I highly recommend him and Fisheye Photo!!!!! Hope to see you next year.

Visited October 2013