“Avoid. No good food and sleepy service”
Review of La Luna - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Luna
Cuisines: Italian
Description: This restaurant is in Bonaire, in the Lesser Antilles, which I couldn't find listed as a country.
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Avoid. No good food and sleepy service”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I do not recommend anyone going here. High prices considering what you get to eat. The waiter looks like they are about to fall asleep. The food is probably not made from scratch. Bonaire is full of excellent restaurants, not this one thou.

Stay away.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TheOneSwede

Melbourne Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Flipped a coin between this and 4 Seasons and we weren't disappointed.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We happen to come in a minute after 5 or 6 other tables (including a table of 8) had just sat so the hostess warned us it may be a minute when she sat us with a friendly smile. The owner (who seemed to be the only person waiting tables) was a bit frazzled but greeted us within a minute, offered us menus, and had drinks sitting on our table before we could decide on an entree. Overall the service was prompt, friendly, and the food was excellent. I had the mahi, my girlfriend the wahoo, and our dining partners had "grandmother's" beef stew and the mahi again. Everyone was impressed and we left very happy. Not my favorite restaurant on Bonaire (and restaurants here are FANTASTIC) but overall it was a very positive experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nomadamon78
Ottawa, Canada
“We enjoyed it!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were off to eat at At Sea (without a reservation) only to find it closed. Without any other restaurant ideas in mind, we went to La Luna. Despite other reviews that I am reading after the fact, we quite enjoyed it!

I ordered the Mahi Mahi and my husband ordered the Wahoo. Both entrees came with a small simple salad with a nice dressing. Both of our fish were cooked perfectly. Home fries were great and the stir fry of veggies was nice. Portions were perfect - left room for dessert - which we purchased at a gelato shop as we weren't in the mood for anything heavy. Apple pie and Chocolate cake were really all that was on the menu here.

The wait staff was very nice. There was only us and another couple in the restaurant, so service was very good.

The only downfall was the view.... It was of a cruise ship and shipping containers. It would have been nice to have a nicer view overlooking the ocean - but that was not the restaurants fault!

• Visited July 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Turn around and run away from this place”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Before I traveled to Bonaire I made a list of the restaurants with good reviews that I wanted to try. I should have also made a list of the ones to avoid.

We were looking for a place to eat after walking around one evening downtown. We walked by this place, saw the sign for fresh fish and decided to try this. The manager told us they had fresh Tuna and Mahi Mahi available. I should have paid attention because looking back I noticed she only said fresh in front of the Tuna. There was no way that the Mahi Mahi was fresh. It tasted like the frozen filets you get at the grocery store in the middle of the US in the winter. It was fishy smelling, over cooked and dry. The rice served as the side dish was just plain white rice, that was wet and slimy. The vegetables that accompanied the meal were a mixture of celery, carrots and something else I can't identify. They were mushy and tasted like something that you would expect to find in a chicken soup. Maybe they pulled them out of a chicken soup, drained them and plopped them on my plate. I think hospital food might taste better.

My husband ordered the fresh tuna, medium rare and I think they passed it over the frying pan for a second before they put it on his plate. It was edible, but that is about the best thing we could say about it. He also had the mushy vegetables and hash brown potatoes that tasted like Ore Ida frozen potatoes.

While we were eating a nice couple sat down and asked us how the food was. Now, we weren't sure what to say because they had all ready ordered. If they are reading this review we would like to apologize to them for not telling them to leave the restaurant immediately.

My husband and I said to each other "Watch when we get back to the hotel and check trip advisor it will probably be the worst one on the list". We checked when we got back and it was 42 out of 45. I can't imagine how awful number 43-45 are.

Visited June 2013
birmingham
“Agreed...avoid”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We happened upon this place wandering around looking for a different restaurant. The places around it were quite pricey, and we thought this was a reasonably priced alternative, and thought it might be fun to have a more 'Dutch' meal. The rudeness of the waitstaff(owner/manager?) was truly amazing. I sent my son to ask for the menus ( we were really hungry). The two women were very mean to him ( if we hadn't been starving, I would have left). We were seated by a dumpster. The soup was indelible. The fish of the day was fine. Not great, but fine. We asked what bitter balls were, and like everyone else, were told they were out of them for the day. ( our theory was that the waitstaff had eaten them all....they were all so bitter ). Anyway, wish we hadn't gotten lost. This place would be out of business if not for its location.

• Visited March 2013