“Love diving with these guys..”
Review of Toucan Diving

Toucan Diving
LAS CRUCES
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Love diving with these guys..”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice boats and the dive team is very helpful and knowledgable. We have been using this group for the past 4 years and will return again.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank judie P

Lumberton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lots of attitude and uninterested in helping...”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I made reservations with toucan to dive with them for 6 days. Upon arriving, we checked in with the dive shop for the usual paperwork and orientation. However, the orientation was non-existent! We were not shown how to get tanks, weights, or lockers. And, the boat dive that was supposedly reserved for us, was full. So, we were told we would have to wait until the following day for our boat dive. We decided to shore dive instead, but were met with lots of attitude when we simply asked how and where to get tanks, return tanks, get weights, etc.... The tanks we received had faulty o-rings and would not properly seal. Ugh!! My frustration was mounting. We decide to leave our gear in the onsight locker, since we had a boat dive the next day. And, the locker lock does not work! My husband tries to get a new locker, but is told that there is no more! If we had been given even a little bit of kindness and helpfulness, we could have overlooked all of this, but the hits just kept on coming! I am sure the dive masters and wonderful, but the staff inside the shop are very unhelpful and tend to have attitudes. We promptly canceled our week of dives and went to Dive Friends. We were greeted with friendly, helpful staff!

Visited June 2013
Glastonbury, Connecticut
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great Staff/Mediocre Boats”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Recently, we spent two weeks in Bonaire. We took our Nitrox certificaiton with Toucan Diving and six days of unlimited air. The instructor, Dorte, was knowledgeable and easy going. We used Nitrox tanks for our shore dives. The tanks were pretty well maintained and the equipment to analyze the tanks worked well. When I got a leaky tank, it was easy to know where to set it aside and select another one. We dove at 18 Palm, the house reef for the Plaza Resort, where Toucan diving is located. Toucan drove the tanks down to the pool area where there was a spacious bench for setting up and donning your gear. They also provided lockers for gear storage. Having the locker was convenient but they weren't well ventilated so stuff didn't dry.

We did one 1-tank dive. The dive master, Jackson, was great. He was attentive and helpful. The boat itself left a little to be desired. First, Toucan diving changed boats midday and 10 of the 14 people went to the wrong boat. The small boat was a little cozy for 14 people, a dive master, and a captain. The boat had no radio or hook for grabbing the mooring line. It had no water for drinking or washing equipment such as camera.

I would use Toucan again for my air supply but not for boat diving.

Visited April 2013
tacoma
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Dive Operation”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff is awesome. We worked with Dorta, Jackson, Peter and Herman. I cannot say enough great things about them. Very astute, very knowledgeable, fun, a great help on the boat. When I return to Bonaire I will go through Toucan for my diving needs,
I have dove around the world and this is one of the friendliest group I have dove with.

Visited April 2013
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great first dive with an AMAZING instructor!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Because it was my first time diving, I did the Discover Scuba Diving package with Erika. We started with a quick course in the pool. Her explanation of the basic skills required was crystal clear. Even though I was able to do all of the skills, I was really scared once we got in the ocean! So, rather than turn around and go back to shore, Erika took my hand and swam right next to me to give me confidence. She held my hand for the entire 45-minute dive. She also pointed out eels, a seahorse, an octopus, and a million other types of fish! It was amazing, and I never would have been able to experience it without such a compassionate, expert guide. Thank you Toucan diving, and thank you Erika!!!

Visited December 2012