“LOVE!!! LOVE!!! LOVED!!!!!”
Review of BonPhoto

BonPhoto
Ranked #43 of 65 Tours in Kralendijk
More attraction details
Owner description: BonPhoto delivers beautifully shot and edited video or still photographs so that your unique personal experiences can be relived over again long after your visit to Bonaire. Visit our location for advise, courses, rental & retail, printed images, Bonaire DVD's and many other products. Our outdoor adventure company, Flow will guide you to the best areas on our island.
travelgirl3644
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“LOVE!!! LOVE!!! LOVED!!!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I took a DSLR photography class with Zsuzanna. I can't say enough on how amazing it was. My photos were drastically improved over previous dives. She gave the theory before entering in the water and then we went in the water to practice. She pointed fish and scenes out that would be of particular good visual interest. The class was one on one so I could it could be tailored to my needs. I ended up taking 2 classes - macro and wide. I will be back!

1 Thank travelgirl3644
Leo H, Owner at BonPhoto, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with our company!
Rather than teaching from a standard outline, we customize all of our classes to the level of our students and teach one-on-one. This ensures that you get the most out of of your time spend with your instructor, whether online or during your vacation on Bonaire.

We sure hope to see you again on Bonaire!!

Leo

New York City, New York
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Fantastic guided Fluorodive tour (blue light night dive)”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The business does not just provide high quality photos and videos of your trip, rent photo and camera equipment, provide underwater photography course, but also lead nightly "Fluorodive" tours. The blue light night dives are lead by Zsuszanna, who is methodical, detailed, yet relaxed and fun when it comes to the educational part of the dive. These dives are not your regular night dives. All sorts of creatures light up with fluorescent and psychedelic display that is truly out of this world! Additionally, the huge tarpons are significantly more attracted to these blue lights than regular night dive lights. The dive is very exciting and some may say, spiritual. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended. Do NOT miss this guided blue light night dive!

Visited March 2014
Leo H, Owner at BonPhoto, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words.
My husband and I have two different companies, which we run from one building.
BonPhoto for our photography and Flow for all adventure sports and excursions.
Spiritual & psychedelic are great ways to describe our fluo experience :) !!

Hope to see you again some time soon!!

Suz
New York City, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent work!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My experience with BonPhoto is limited to the work of their staff photographer, Leo Hogenboom, who rides along with the Woodwind Snorkel tour (reviewed elsewhere). He accompanies the guests on their snorkel trips, takes fabulous pictures of the marine life and every single guest, and offers a CD for sale at the end of the day. A great document if your underwater photography skills are poor or nonexistent. Highly recommended!

Leo H, Owner at BonPhoto, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Hi Chris,
Thank you for your review and great to hear that you enjoyed our service and product.
Hope you will make it back to Bonaire again sometime soon!!!
Warm regards from Bonaire,
Leo
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 207 helpful votes
“Camera Rental and Assistance”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I rented a camera with an underwater housing while on vacation from BonPhoto... I was having a hard time getting the pictures I wanted while diving and all the women that were working in the shop were so helpful- giving me advice, pointers and even looking through the photos with me to see what I could have changed. This place is awesome for whatever your needs are- the staff is great, they are phenomenally talented and really knowledgeable about photography and Bonaire. Plus- they really truly care about the reefs and sea life in Bonaire. Without a doubt I would recommend them and will continue to go to them when in Bonaire.

Leo H, Owner at BonPhoto, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your review.
All of our staff share a deep passion for photography and Bonaire's nature
and it's great to read that you have experienced that while in our shop.
Hope to see you again soon!!
Warm regards, Leo
St. John's, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The BEST THING in Bonaire”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The course was amazing, the facility was excellent and the dive was fantastic, but Zsuzsanna was PHENOMENAL.
She's extremelly talented and has a great eye for detail. The course was taught in such a way that it didn't even feel like a course so much as a workshop.
After judging my level, and shooting style, she quickly understood the most important aspects that I needed to focus on, and it made a huge difference in the quality of photos I'm getting now, even after just a couple days.

An afternoon of instruction with Zsuzsanna is worth 5 times what the cost of this course is, and if you are in Bonaire, like to dive, and have ever been interested in Underwater Photography - BONPHOTO is the most important thing for you to do on this trip.

For anyone wondering about skill level - she can teach anyone from a beginner to professionals a trick or two - if you don't believe me, take a look at some of the prints in their store - most are above and beyond what makes it into National Geographic.

Thanks Zsuzsanna - i'll be back!

Visited January 2014
Leo H, Owner at BonPhoto, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
it was great seeing you improve your results in such a short time.
You sure have got the eyes, just needed some tiny adjustments :)
Guess it's time to get your dSLR in a housing and we'll go out and play.
Looking forward seeing you again on Bonaire.
Suz