“A very decent stay, keeping your budget in check!”
Review of The DiveHut

The DiveHut
Ranked #5 of 21 Kralendijk B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We rented a studio at Dive Hut for 8 nights for our stay in Bonaire. It's all very easy going and simple, don't expect any frills whatsoever, because that's not what it's about.
The studios are located across the road from the main property, in a secure gated property, nice gardens, very El Paso/Kill Bill-esque :). Relatively spacious and cozy, with a comfy bed. Clean and functional, just about enough bits and pieces in the kitchenette to throw together a meal on those evenings spent indoors. Each of the studios has their own seating area in front, but keep in mind, mosquitos dine morning and night, so keep the spray handy (and invest in some anti-bug candles, as well as a Vapo anti-mosquito gadget for inside at night).
Roland & Irene (management) and Jolanda were all very friendly and helped a great deal during our stay. The breakfast is extremely simple, OK for that first morning, but we opted to do our own shopping and feed ourselves for the most part (again, keeping that budget in check). We were with Wannadive for our Advanced training and other dives, so do the same, and make use of the on-site dive equipment room including tanks (when diving unlimited with them - they are HIGHLY recommended).
Definitely recommend Dive Hut to any budget conscious traveller, looking for no frills but clean and economical place to stay.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more on a studio or apartment, it is well worth the (small) extra!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AndyMaxx

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Roland & Irene, that's the name that this really fantastic Hotel should be called since this are the guys that really make it happen a real good place to stay during your time at Bonaire. These guys are just fantastic and they creat a very nice familiar atmosphere. I really loved my time with then. Next time that I go to bonare certainly I will bew again in the Dive Hut. The hotel is very clean, new rooms, good staff (the owners), and the food is just amazing. We tried Swiss Raclette and loved it!!! No problem occured duyring our stay! If you wanna dive just choose this hotel since it is very very very near from the city center and from the beach. They arranged everything for a pleasant stay with a truck and all dives.... Just Amazing is my description of this hotel...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fdfelice82
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have stayed at Dive Hut on 4 visits anywhere from 7 days to 10 days. Irene and Roland , (the owners) are working hard to please their guests and are always friendly and helpful. This is a reasonably priced place but with high end service . We are avid divers and will continue to visit Bonaire, this hotel meets our needs. Hot water, ac, clean rooms, resteraunt , bar, secure units, conveniently located with large dive locker and rinse tanks and lets not forget cable tv. Rooms are nicely decorated but not lavish. Perfect for us.If you are looking for good diving with a pleasant place to stay, this is it.

Room Tip: We like the studio units because of the kitchenettes.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John G
Reviewed October 7, 2012

It's simple yet very comfortable. The Dive hut is well located (walking distance to city centre, but in a very calm area so you sleep well all night long) and offers everything a diver would want in terms of infrastructure. We stayed at the studio (with small kitchen) and it was very handy as could prepare some snacks for in-between dives. Roland and Irene were simply the best, friendly from day one and it was clear to me their operation is about our satisfaction; they make you feel good about the entire experience. I recommend the Hut, and I leave my tip: Don't miss the barbecue!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pedro H
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Although I'm familliar with the Hut, this was my first stay with the new owners Irene and Roland. The improvements they have done made a big difference for me. It's cozy, functional, clean and budget friendly. Parking is close and the new gear room with rinse tanks is a great addition. The best part (IMO) was getting to know the whole staff and most of the other guests. You usually don't get to do that at a large resort and I consider it one of the Huts best assets. Irene, Roland, Suzy and Yolanda were great hosts and truly interested in "how was your day?". After a 2 week stay, I got hugs and kisses and handshakes when I left. For me, that's what the Hut is all about. If you don't want or need frills, this hotel and the folks that run it will be a pleasant experience. All you need to do is give them the chance to prove it.

Oh, ask Roland if he wants to do a dive. He likes the Salt Pier.

John in TN

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank John A
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at the Dive Hut for 2 weeks. The location is good with only a 15 minute walk into Kralendijk. If you take the route along the promenade it is a really nice walk.
I had a room, no apartment or studio. The room was basic but had a/c, refrigerator and tv as well as wifi which was very useful. There were also a table and 2 chairs. There is almost no space to put your clothes apart from 2 small shelves and a clothes rail with 4 hangers.
The rooms only get cleaned once a week and it really took a week for mine to be cleaned the first time around. Towels were changed twice in the 2 weeks, bedlinen just once.
Unfortunately no possibility to sit outside in front of the room but there is an area in the courtyard where you can sit or ask for a hammock. A pity about the rooftop terrace which would be great if there were any useable furniture and some shade provided.
You can have breakfast for $7.50 consisting of egg, cheese, ham, jam, toast and a piece of fruit plus tea or coffee, juice mostly only if you ask for it. The portions vary according to who is on duty. The dining area is lovely.
Staff are lovely and helpful. I could also keep my room on the last day as I had a late flight which was very nice of them.
If you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs as you hear the a/c outside and a lot of dogs barking.
All in all I felt comfortable and would recommend the Hut.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 1holidaygirl15_
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Irene and Roland and the others helping do a wonderfull job, the area is cozy, studio is good.
On walking distance to Playa, and so nice to be able to rent a bike and tour around.

We enjoyed our stay, with good food and drinks, warm nice people.
Kim & Marie Louise