“Home away from home”

The DiveHut
Ranked #5 of 21 Kralendijk B&B and Inns
“Home away from home”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

If I could give six stars I would. Roland and Irene are the best hosts hands down. I felt like I was staying at a life long friends house and could not have been more comfortable. The rooms are clean and simple. The Divehut is off of the main road in a nice quite and relaxing part of town. If you want a place to stay where you can come back from a long day of diving and have the best food on the island (Thursday night BBQ) and just relax look no further. Both Roland and Irene went well above and beyond in every aspect to make sure everyone was completely taken care of. Breakfast can not be beat anywhere on the island. There is a place at the hotel to grab a cold drink also as can be seen in the picture. After reading about the Divehut in forums I decided to give it a try from the other common hotels people talk about and I will stay no where other than the Divehut on future visits. They are partnered with Wannadive, excellent outfit, and there is tanks which are restocked every morning at the hotel. Divehut also has a safe and clean place to store your gear in with the tanks. All of the staff there is awesome and helpful as can be also. If you are trying to decide between Divehut and another hotel just stay at Divehut and be impressed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Medicjoel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
College Station, TX
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had the best time on this trip... and did a LOT of diving. Dive hut was a good place to stay at a reasonable price. The food was surprisingly great - the first morning I was there, I had breakfast there, and it was terrific. The coffee was the best I found on the island, with the coffee at Gio's being about the same. To share why I felt this place was so great, I must tell you first that Roland and Irene are great managers. They are happy people, who have passion for what they do, which carries over to the service their employees provide. Everyone we met who worked for DiveHut did anything they could to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I will be back without a doubt, and next trip, I will stay and eat at DiveHut. I spent a few hours on a few of my days here trying out different restaurants for breakfast only to find none of them any better than DiveHut's... trust me on this. Another Cafe in the City wasn't anywhere near all it was supposed to be per other forums I'd read prior to my visit.
My room was a one bedroom apartment, worked out great, had an ample sized bedroom with two cozy twin beds, great A/C, good cable television, etc. The kitchenette/living area is perfect place to unwind and write reviews at night, call home, etc after a long day of diving. The WiFi was perfect for my needs, strong signal in the room. The kitchenette has a nice sized sink, small but ample gas stove, pots/pans, silverware, a microwave, and a decent sized fridge that met my needs just fine. There was a bookshelf for storage, as well as shelves and closet in the bathroom, also worked for storing drying clothing and other toiletries. Just outside my room was a nice lounging area with a hammock and some tables and chairs, very relaxing. Just across the street was where I parked my rental pickup, directly adjacent to the awesome storage building where our diving gear was cleaned and stored after each day. The next day I would go to the storage building, load my gear in the truck, grab fresh air tanks (empty's are replaced each day by WannaDive, an awesome perk) and I was back on the road to dive again.... after a cup of their awesome coffee and a quick breakfast from DiveHut, that is. All in all, folks, you come to Bonaire to DIVE not to spend all your money on the fanciest place you've ever stayed. DiveHut is where the bang meets the buck.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank jaredaggie
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Due to personal circumstances, we have unfortunately had to cancel our booking and this is a day before arrival. Normally you will have to pay the full amount at The Dive Hut but they were so full of understanding and so friendly that they canceled our reservation without charge. So herewith a will give The Dive Hut a very good assessment. In the future I hope to visit you in person and experience all what the other visiters have experienced!

All the components for appreciation are excellent which I can rate. Ofcourse I didn't see The Dive Hut myself so that is why I couldn't rate all of theme.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Viola_M_82
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This was my second trip to Bonaire with my boyfriend and friends, and my second time staying at the DiveHut. And I have to say I loved it just as much if not more. I love the fact that this a small quiet hotel that offers you all that you need for your stay, keeping it simple and personal. Roland and Irene go out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect. It is not a luxury hotel, which is what I like about it. It's quiet, no loud parties or kids running around late at night keeping you up. Suzy will make sure you have a delicious breakfast in the morning. And if for no other reason, the best part of the divehut is rum punch bbq Thursdays. It's a party you'll never forget, with amazing food, and you'll walk away with full bellies, having met great people from all over the world, and possibly slightly inhebriated. Offering a variety of room types, including regular rooms, studios (which include a bar fridge and kitchenette), and apartments. Offers the opportunity to get some groceries and make your own meals to help save on costs. Location is great being near prime spots including Spice Club and downtown restaurants. Wannadive tank drop off and pick up is also available right on property for your convenience so that you can go diving any time you want. I know that when I we go back and need a place to stay, we will definitely be staying at the DiveHut Bonaire. Thanks again to Roland and Irene.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Christine L
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The Dive Hut is a unique concept for Bonaire. A small, intimate and very budget friendly hotel.
It is not waterfront nor luxurious yet it has a great atmosphere and is totally dedicated to providing excellent service to guests. It is walking distance to town, the beach and the divecentre.
Last year we had a great experience, staying at Tropicana Apartments. So this year we decided to try the New Hut. Roland and Irene have made and excellent job to upgrade the rooms at the Hut, as well as build a new dive facility across the street. Rumpunch and BBQ are offered on Thursdays and the hole atmosphere is very casual and relaxing.
No doubt, these guys have created an exceptional dive deal.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LadySeamaster
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Bonaire is a wonderful island to visit if you're looking for a hide-away with amazing weather, great snorkeling, good dining options, and no crowds. I stayed at Irene and Roland's Tropicana Apartments several years ago and was happy to stay with them again at the DiveHut (their new property). The apartment was comfortable, close to the town and the ocean, and it had a very safe feel to it. The staff were all extremely friendly and went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable and fun. I hope to be back very soon!

Room Tip: It was very convenient to have the mini-kitchen in the studio.