“very nice experience”

Horse Ranch Bonaire
More attraction details
Owner description: Exploring Bonaire's countryside from the back of a horse is a great way to enjoy the island. At Horse Ranch Bonaire you can horse around for a couple of hours ore half a day, you can also Ride & Swim with our horses, no experience required.
The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“very nice experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I went horseback riding at Horse Ranch Bonaire in March 2014. Simone has a very nice ranch with great horses. Some new horses will join very soon.
You do not have to worry if you haven't been on a horse before because these horses are very sweet and gentle. They know the way and what is expected from them.
First we past the flamingo lake, which is a very nice area to ride. You will see flamingos and lots of cactuses.
Then you will go to Lac Bay. A beautiful area near the mangroves with a small beach. This is where you will take an amazing swim with the horse.
I would recommend it to anyone visiting Bonaire.

Visited March 2014
HorseRanchBonaire, Owner at Horse Ranch Bonaire, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Hello Irene G,

Thanks for your review on Tripadvisor, it means a lot to me.

I like the photo, with Cherokee, good you post it!

So when you ever come back to Bonaire again, I hope to meat you again at the Ranch.

So take care

and thanks for choosing Horse Ranch Bonaire

greetings

Simone

Palmer, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Absolute Highlight of Our Vacation!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This horseback ride was absolutely the HIGHLIGHT of our vacation! We would recommend it to anyone, whether you enjoy riding regularly or if it is your first horse adventure, and to anyone who wants a unique experience exploring some of Bonaire’s scenic beauty. And to top it off, Simona was the most delightful guide. She worked in every way to make our ride the most enjoyable experience possible. She also shared a lot of information with us along the way regarding Bonaire’s history as well as its flora and fauna. We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 hour ride. There were two great highlights to the ride. The first came in the middle of the ride. After taking a short break half way through the ride, we actually rode the horses in the ocean at Lac Bay with Simona leading them. It was a once-in-a lifetime experience that was so much fun that it cannot be described. The second highlight was that at the end of the ride, those who were comfortable with riding were allowed to open up the horses into a full gallop across the sandy shore. This, too, was one so much fun that it cannot be put into words. We went to Bonaire to dive, which we did do and had a blast doing it, but this horseback ride surpassed them all. If you travel to Bonaire and want to experience a fantastic alternative to diving, then this is it and Horse Ranch Bonaire is the place to do it! You will not be disappointed!

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hello Ichthys2014,

Thank you for regularly choosing to ride with us and for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

It is great to read that our ride was “The Absolute Highlight of Our Vacation!”

Feedback from our guests is vitally important to me. Compliments from a traveller such as you really mean a lot to me, and yes you did a good job writing this review.

So thanks again, and when ever you are in Bonaire again, hope to see you again.

Greetings

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horse Ranch Bonaire Feb 19th 2014”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I booked this trip online with Simone as we were visiting Bonaire as one of our ports whilst on a cruise. My sister and my son and daughter were met by Simone on the quayside as arranged and had the most amazing time on the horses. A lovely trek seeing flamingos in their natural habitat and then swimming on horse back in the sea. Money well spent and wonderful memories. Highly recommended and great communications with Simone. Thankyou

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

HorseRanchBonaire, Eigenaar at Horse Ranch Bonaire, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear ex guest,

Thanks for your review on Tripadvisor, it means a lot to me.

All the revue's helps me to get a certificate of excellence!!

Thanks again for your Revue!!

Have a nice day

greetings

Simone
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

If you are visiting Bonaire this is a must do experience !the whole experience from beginning to end is done with ease thanks to the owner.don't be put off if you have never been on a horse her horses are so nice and give you confidence to do the whole experience.

Visited February 2014
HorseRanchBonaire, Eigenaar at Horse Ranch Bonaire, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Chris,

It is great to read that you describe your ride at our ranch a wonderful experience.

You gave a good horse description, and you are making me bloss, that you think of me as a charmer!

Feedback from our guests is vitally important to me. Compliments from a traveller such as you really mean a lot to me.

So thanks again,

Greetings

New York City, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The ranch itself is pretty basic, but that's not the point of this visit. The owner and sole operator of this modest horse ranch is a delightfully friendly Dutch woman named Simone who makes sure you have a great experience. The horses are smaller "Paso Finos" with a smooth gait, although she does have a larger gelding for bigger customers. The trail winds through scrublands, along salt flats where you see flamingos and mangroves, and ends at a small beach on the north side of Lac Bay where the water is an incredible shade of blue. There you get a short but uniquely fun swim on a white stallion in the sea. Simone will gladly answer all your questions about life on Bonaire, about horses, she's a real charmer. We made reservations by e-mail the day before and were very lucky, I would suggest planning ahead. A great experience, highly recommended!

Dear nicola3819,

Thank you for choosing to stay ride with us and for posting a review from your visit on tripadvisor. We are grateful for the detailed feedback you have provided.

And ceep up the good work to follow the ranch on Facebook!!

I had a great time with you, and hope to see you once again in Bonaire

Thake care