“Great dining option in Bonaire”
Review of At Sea

At Sea
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Kralendijk
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my favorite dining experience on the island. Food and service was excellent! We are Americans and were treated just as well as out Dutch counterparts. I would recommend reservations, especially with a large party.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you don't make reservations, you won't get in. And if you aren't Dutch, they will treat you like second rate customers. The appetizers are amazing, good deserts but all of the main courses were overcooked and dried out. I had to practically take a saw to my wahoo (which should fall apart with a fork) and the sauce had completely dried out.

2  Thank IB_Dave
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Professional service, attention to detail, great food and value for money. I always judge the service by the number of time I have to pour my own wine, the staff never missed when one of my guests or myself were running low. Seafood was grilled to perfection, friendly staff, I was with a vegetarian and a lactose intolerant individual. The staff made sure the meal suited everyone. Well done!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This restaurant has a nice concept, fine dining using as much of a "farm to table" mentality as one could on the isle. I was left wanting a little more from my barracuda dish. The fish was a little oveercooked and my wife's dish had elements that contradicted in taste profiles from one another. We unfortunately ended up eating the fish portion and leaving much of the accompanying parts untouched.

The restaurant is also located on a street used by locals to cruise down on Friday nights, when we dined there, so it tends to be noisy, especially when someone revs their engine.

Service was very good and the outdoor patio that is their main seating area was inviting.

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked this restaurant in advance of our trip based on reviews. As a foodie, I was excited to experience it. Sadly, I was somewhat disappointed. Presentation, not food, was the star here. Both of our main courses , while good, were overpowered by sides ; My husbands's ribeye came with mashed potatos, when a better choice would have been the blue cheese and rice croquettes that came with my barracuda. accent sauces were everywhere. While pretty, they muddled the taste of the meal. It was often hard to determine the star of the plate. In addition, my husband came extremely close to sending back a perfectly cooked ribeye due to the wrong knife choice (too dull to cut the steak) If you're going for pretty on a plate, this is your place. If your going for taste, you may want to look elsewhere.

1  Thank luvrns