“Nice”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Tonight our anticipation was not met. The wahoo special was good but not like our meal last night at Unbelievable. Found the rice side very heavy and salty as were the starters. The spinach in felo dough was a good appetizer. The tuna 2 way appetizer good but not exceptional. Tasted the capers more than anything. Service was great and they had a great table set up for us when we showed up for our reservation. Just not as we remembered being one of our favorite dining experiences. Everything seemed very salty. :(.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Expect to pay a little but a very good meal with fresh ingredients and just caught fish. More than fish on the menu and others in are party had steak and said it was very good. Service was very attentive. The kitchen is small so it may take a little time on dinner. This is a nice place to go for a special evening.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Ended up eating here twice during our trip because the food was so delicious and the service was fantastic. Be sure to say hello to Jay!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

From my experience, this is the best restaurant on Bonaire. The reviews I read said that this place was great, and I saw that even during the "dead" season, when a lot of the other restaurants were closed a lot of nights, this place was packed, every night. That's a great sign, right? So I went in, sat at the bar, and tried the four course tasting menu on my first night on the island. I wasn't let down. The food was really creative and delicious, and the wine pairings complemented the food really well. And even better- the bartender was pretty liberal with the wine pours, which I appreciate! The experience was so good, that after I met some great friends while diving, and decided to take them out to dinner, I knew that At Sea would be a slam dunk.

This time, after a long day of diving (we did 20 dives that week!), we arrived at the restaurant at 11pm to try and have dinner, without having made reservations. Despite how late it was, they were happy to seat us, something that is rare in Los Angeles (where I live), where there a ton of rude hostesses who really don't want to seat you that late. They have auditions in the morning, after all. After noticing an entree on the menu that had foie gras as an ingredient, I had a conversation with the server about the California foie gras ban that went into effect in July. She went back into the kitchen, spoke with the chef, and let me know that the chef would make me a special, off the menu dish featuring his creative use of this delicious meat-butter... What arrived at the table, along with my friends' entrees that they loved, was a preparation of foie gras three ways... delicious art, in my opinion! After the meal, the chef even came out and introduced himself... Awesome. I can't explain how impressed I was- not only with the quality of the dishes, but with this kind of personal attention, even though we arrived extremely late. I highly recommend At Sea... you won't be disappointed...

1  Thank BradBayliner
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The location of the restaurant is really nice. I wish the lighting in the outdoor dining area was a tad brighter. The food presentation was very artful, but difficult to fully appreciate in the dark. All four of our entrees were seasoned wonderfully. The only thing that I docked them one star on was, my wahoo was not quite cooked all the way through. Perhaps intentionally, but not to my liking. Otherwise a five star experience.