Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent!

We booked full gear and unlimited air for the week. Pickup and drop off of tanks was a breeze. Been... read more

Reviewed today
Sue-and-Eric1984
Avon, Connecticut
via mobile
Great experience, knowledgeable dive master, beautiful backdrop

All in all, an excellent experience as we scrambled to get a dive booking in Bonaire after our... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed yesterday
JohnyPhoenix

Recommended experiences in and around Kralendijk
from $30.00
from $30.00
from $35.00
from $25.00
1,187 results
All reviews dive master dive shop salt pier guided dives top notch lionfish hunting night dive cruise ship the entire staff great dive lion fish personal attention personal touch rental equipment open water dive spots these guys
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

I went to VIP Diving for the “Discover Scuba Diving” and the “PADI Open Water Diver Course”.
Both times have been very pleasant!

All things before the courses, including communication beforehand went smooth and they responded quickly.
The courses itself were always exciting, informative and of course - fun!
They only teach in small groups, which gives the instructors the possibility to really focus on the students. I had two different instructors for the two different courses - Jossue and Daniel. Both of them were always kind, fun and of course very professional and competent.
Actually, all the people there are super nice and are happy to chat or help with anything.

Thanks again to all the lovely people at VIP Diving, I had an amazing time!

If I come back at some point, I’ll go with VIP Diving again, highly recommended!

2  Thank velthy
VIP_Ilona, Guest Relations Manager at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Hi Velthy,

Good to hear you had an amazing time! As a new diver you may not know what to expect and a clear communication upfront is key. And then you are on the spot, ready to take your first breath underwater and see the beautiful underwater world of Bonaire. For sure you then expect and want a fun, professional and competent instructors. We are pleased to read it was all perfect from beginning to end and that you recommend us so highly. Congratulations with your PADI Open Water Diver certification and thank you for a great review!

Reviewed November 12, 2017

We came to Bonaire for a diving vacation and to get our Advanced Divers certificate. What an education we were to receive. This is how it should be done. The staff welcomed us like old friends, would have a cup of coffee waiting for me at every turn. Guided us both in the book learning and in the water end of our education. We went Deep Diving, Night Diving , Wreck Diving, Navigation diving, and on and on. Fantastic staff all. I have to mention John, Elona, Casper, Maggie, Chris and Jurgen as well, All did an outstanding job at what they do. If you want to learn the finest in diving from the finest instructors, this is your place. We will be back for more.

2  Thank suptheusa

Hi Joe,

These are incredible nice words and very much appreciated by a team of instructors who really take pride in what they do and want to deliver the best! Not only in training but also in making our guest feel comfortable and welcome. And this is even more rewarding when we see our guests so keen to learn more about diving and about the reefs of Bonaire. It was our pleasure. We love to see you back! Thank you for the 5 star rating!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Roland and staff were incredible to work with! I wanted to get my open water certification but had challenges with my confined water courses in the States. I went back and forth with my reservation with VIP Diving on diving or snorkeling or whether I just wanted to not do anything! Roland cared about making sure I did what I was most comfortable and e-mailed back and forth with me several times. He said let's play it by ear and I can decide when I got there. I ended up doing my first 2 certification dives in Punta Cana 2 days before so by the time I got to Bonaire I was ready to do 3 & 4. Ron was my dive instructor and was fantastic. Patient and knowledgeable. I passed with flying colors and felt 100% safe & comfortable the whole time. Having the right dive shop and caring people to work with makes all the difference. This 5 star PADI shop is the the best!!!

2  Thank Luv2Trip2015

Hi Luv2Trip2015,

What a wonderful review, thank you so much. Indeed when you are getting certified you do no really know what to expect and how you will progress. That is why we try to stay as flexible as possible and stay on top of our communication channels for bookings and questions in a personal manner. We are happy to read this worked so well for you and became an excellent and most enthusiastic PADI Open Water diver. Again congratulations and keep diving :-)!

Reviewed November 3, 2017

This was a return visit to VIP Diving. We learned last time that this is truly an amazing level of service. That is still true.

I should probably start by mentioning price. VIP is not the cheapest option on Bonaire, and the price may initially seem high for shore diving. However, this is definitely a case where you get what you pay for (and much more). We were in Bonaire only for the day, visiting on a cruise. As expected, our guide (and friend) Daniel met us at the port. Our group was just the three of us (maximum group size is four). We were driven the short distance from the port to the dive center, where we talked with Daniel about what sites we wanted to dive (they offer guidance, but you make the selection of your sites from any of the countless Bonaire dive sites). Then we analyzed the nitrox in our tanks (it was perfect of course), and off we went. As we were close, we returned to the dive center for our surface interval. The price of your diving includes lunch and soft drinks, as well as bottled water.

After our second fantastic dive we returned to the dive center, and used the beautiful facilities to clean our gear, and and relax, before Daniel drove us back to the port. I forgot a box with camera batteries, in the truck. A called back to the Dive Center, and by the time I could walk from the ship to the port gate, Daniel was there waiting with it.

A big thing: The price includes nitrox for your dives, but this is a very professional operation, so you must be nitrox certified to dive on nitrox. You definitely want that certification in advance of your visit.

We are already scheduled to return to Bonaire, and there is no way we would consider diving with any other operator.

Hi omeninv,

We love the way you describe our service and that you appreciate our high level of service and quality so much! As a returning cruise guest you know you can't go wrong with us. And with your review you help many other divers on the cruise ship who want to experience the best possible diving together with some sightseeing possible on their day on Bonaire. Thank you very much and we hope we have the pleasure diving with you and your friends soon again!

Reviewed October 24, 2017

We are a family of seven and it was our first trip to dive on Bonaire. We scheduled all of our dive needs through VIP to include two personal guides for our first day of diving. We could not be any happier with VIP Diving! From the time we arrived at their location we were treated as special guests and every need we had was addressed on a personal level. Our guides, John and Tonya, were outstanding and at the end of the dives we felt we had known them for a long time. They took the time to answer questions, get us setup with gear, and lead us on our dives the first day. Never did we feel rushed or that they had other things to get to. They were there for us and it showed. We can't thank them enough. VIP's store is clean and their equipment is top notch. Tank pickup was very easy and the coffee and tea we were given each time we visited was great. We plan to travel back to Bonaire many more times in the future and we will always use VIP as our personal dive shop.Their claim as "Your personal dive butlers" truly describes their service and attention to detail. Thank you so much VIP staff for making our first Bonaire experience outstanding!

Date of experience: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Bas N, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Hi Mike.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice and detailed review of your experience. It always makes me proud to hear that we succeeded in our mission to make your dive vacation as perfect as can be. Especially hearing that as a first time visitor to our beautiful island you now plan many return visits is amazing! We look forward to seeing you next time at VIP Diving. And if you need any help organizing things for that trip, let me know!

Sunny regards from your VIP Diving team.

Bas Noij