“Awesome diving experience”
Review of VIP Diving

VIP Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Dive Butlers are here...at your service! Come and experience how different, relaxing and refreshing shore diving on Bonaire can be with 100% personal attention. VIP Diving offers personalized dive tours to the best reefs on Bonaire. We can take care of all your diving needs. From air and nitrox (even delivered daily to your place of stay if you want) to high quality rental gear to the best personalized guided dives and dive courses. We are your dive butlers on Bonaire! Let us show you diving on Bonaire like you've never seen it before!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 3, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about VIP Diving. I have been certified for 4 years as an Open Water Diver but I still get butterflies in my stomach every time I go diving. The staff at VIP Diving made me feel calm, safe and competent throughout my 4 day diving trip there. When Pierre took us out on our refresher dive, he lent me his mask when he was that mine was fogging up. He could tell after we descended that I was nervous, and he reminded me while underwater how to slow my breathing down so I could collect myself abc proceed with the dive. The following day, Jonathan took us on 2 dives that were the highlight of my scuba career. He kept the pace slow and leIsurely, which was great for my mindset. The last 2 days we had DJ Steve who helped me equalize when I was having difficulty and progressed the dives so they became more challenging, yet enjoyable. The dive on the east side of the island was a highlight, as we dealt with visibility and current issues not typical fir most of Bonaire, yet I felt confident all along and came out of the dive thinking that my skills over the trip had improved significantly. We saw our first seahorse, a group of squid, several turtles, an eagle Ray, and a huge testing nurse shark over the course of our trip. VIP Diving also takes safety very seriously. As an open water diver, I technically should not dive below 60 feet, as any medical issues that arose outside of this range would not be protected by Joh insurance. I never knew this, but VIP Diving was serious about staying within your capabilities as a diver as a safety measure. I never felt rushed during the trip, which helped calm my nerves. Often at a dive shop you can be treated like a product on a conveyor belt, but I never felt this way with VIP Diving. All of the staff, from the front desk to the staff that helped nam taje equipment was very hospitable. They offered us coffee anytime we were at the dive shop, and always made us drunk their basil infused waded before and after every dive. I went into the trip not knowing if I would ever get my air to last beyond 45 minutes. No dive on the trip lasted shirted tea. 1 hour, which is very good for an air sucker like me! By the end of the trip, I wanted to pursue getting my advance Open Water certification. If I do this in Bonaire, I will definitely do it with VIP Diving. Thank you guys!!!!!

2  Thank Brian G
Pierre H, Guest Relations Manager at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2015

Hi Brian,

Let us thank you for diving with us during your stay on Bonaire. The whole VIP Team enjoyed your presence!

Jonathan, Steven and Pierre had so much fun diving with you and the three of them hope to do some more diving with you in the future! Hopefully for the advanced open water and after that some fun dives?

Don't stay too long on land and keep on diving on a regular base!

We thank you as well for your 5 star review and we hope to see you soon!

The VIP Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"personalized service"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 26, 2015

I took the discover diving class with Annalise and Jarett and they were wonderful. I would take any class they are teaching anywhere and any day. the lecture part was fun and informative. the practice in the pool was patient, entertaining, encouraging and confidence building. the dive was exceptional - they did the heavy lifting while i just enjoyed the sights.(the many varieties of creatures, the colors, such calmness you don't notice time passing). because of their awesome teaching and the beautiful world underwater i am definitely going for my PADI certification. i was impressed with both of them because of their vast knowledge of their craft, their enthusiasm and dedication to preserving and maintaining the ecosystem so that the people now and tomorrow can continue to enjoy the beautiful sights. thank you annalise and Jarrett and keep up the great work.

Date of experience: September 2015
Pierre H, Guest Relations Manager at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2015

Hi Cat!

What a wonderful review! Thank you for rewarding us with 5 stars!

We are more than pleased to read that you had an excellent time with Annelies and Jarret for your discover diving!

They remember you well and were more than happy to show you the beauties of the underwater world of Bonaire!

Having you considering to take your open water course, means for us only one thing: we succeed in making this experience incredible for you! Now all your next holidays will be determined by the diving possibilities! :)

We hope to dive with you again in a near future!

Reviewed September 14, 2015

We have been visiting Bonaire for several years. We have used VIP Diving on several of our visits for guided diving. We have never been disappointed. This year VIP moved into a new location and all we could say was WOW! This is a very modern and professional dive shop. VIP now offers NITROX, so this year we purchased the unlimited NITROX package. They offer 62, 80 AND 100 CF tanks! Their tank fills will not disappoint you. There is a drive through and every time we pulled up, their staff was there to greet and help us with our tanks. Our son joined us on the last week. He had been interested in obtaining his Advanced Open Water Certfication. The VIP staff was eager to help and created a schedule for him to complete the training with very little impact on his vacation. We cannot say enough about their staff, always working for the customer. When planning your next dive trip to Bonaire, make VIP Diving part of the plan, you will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: August 2015
Pierre H, Guest Relations Manager at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2015

Hi JazzCookie,

Having returning guests is more than amazing and rewarding. Indeed this time you had the chance to get to know our new location with our drive throu. Being able to choose between two air packages: air or nitrox for the same price!

Having our guests happy at all time is so important to us and we seemed to succeed here for you!

Hopefully you and Anthony will return here at VIP Diving asap!

Thanks again for the 5 star review!

Reviewed September 13, 2015

My dive buddy and I are passionate about diving but can only get away four times a year. To make the best of our trips, we do a lot of research and seek the best operators. Two of our trips in the last 12 months have been with VIP Diving in Bonaire.

We each have over 250 dives and have dived throughout the Caribbean. We agree VIP Diving is the best experience we have had.

Diving in Bonaire is fabulous in itself, but VIP Diving takes it to another level.

To start, VIP Diving works on the total experience. If you have not been to Bonaire, or even if you are returning, call them (or email) and talk about the trip. They can make it better. Bas helped find great accommodations on both our trips. We had some non-divers this trip and needed a house. The place Bas found for us far exceeded our expectations. The shop assisted in truck rental, saving time and money. They discussed restaurants and helped us with reservations, always spot-on.

We had 12 guided dives in four days. We sometimes have difficulty finding a dive shop to accommodate three dives a day. With VIP Diving, nothing is a problem. We dived three days with Stephen and one day with Pierre. I know they understand our appreciation, as we told them often, but we want to say it again here. Thank you both, so much.

They worked with us to give us the kinds of dive sites we wanted, and dived at the pace we desired. They respected our experience, but were professional in their responsibilities for our safety. As professionals, they discussed equipment (they let us try some different fins this trip) and technique, helping us improve our skills.

They are also attuned to the sea creatures and pointed out many things we would not have seen. Two seahorses this trip! Loads of scorpion fish, which I can never find on my own. Loved the eagle ray, the yellow eel, and more. I know you can't expect this every time, but 30 feet from the shore, finishing the last dive, we had turtles on both sides, waving goodbye. Almost too good to be true.

In our three-dive format, we drove around the island a lot. The guys were great tour guides, explaining Bonaire, and finding wonderful places for lunch between the 2nd and 3rd dives. It was delightful that they treated us as friends more than customers. We had great conversations in the surface intervals.

While you can dive Bonaire without being part of a group or having a guide, we will always dive with VIP. It is just too cool diving with them. They know what they are doing, know where the best places are all the time, are really great people, and treat you like a VIP!

Thanks VIP Diving! See you soon.

2  Thank Catskiller

Hi Catskiller,

What an awesome review! Thank you so much for the 5 star review!

Here at VIP Diving, wether you are a complete novice to diving or an experienced diver, we will always go for the extra mile! Having you leave with a feeling of complete satisfaction is our number one priority!

Steven and Pierre were more than happy to show you guys again around Bonaire. They said diving with you guys was super relaxing, and as well above water seemed to be fantastic!

Marcus and Izzy, thanks again for your kindness and enthousiasm.

Hopefully we will see you guys in a not to far future!