“Best first (of many more to come) visit and diving in Bonaire”
Review of VIP Diving

VIP Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Dive Butlers are here...at your service! Come and experience how different, relaxing and refreshing shore diving on Bonaire can be with 100% personal attention. VIP Diving offers personalized dive tours to the best reefs on Bonaire. We can take care of all your diving needs. From air and nitrox (even delivered daily to your place of stay if you want) to high quality rental gear to the best personalized guided dives and dive courses. We are your dive butlers on Bonaire! Let us show you diving on Bonaire like you've never seen it before!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 3, 2015

I started my search for diving in Bonaire after reading the reviews about VIP Diving online. As someone new to diving, I like a little extra attention especially as this was my first time visiting (and diving) in Bonaire and one of only a handful of ocean dives, I was both excited and nervous. After arriving in Bonaire and checking in with the VIP crew I was rewarded by my choice by the warm and friendly staff. I had scheduled 3 PADI courses while on the island: Lionfish Hunting, Night and Wreck diving. MY first 2 dives for lionfish were absolutely incredible in terms of the beauty of the dive sites chosen by my instructor but also in the catch we were able to take home with us (and some great recipes from Jonathan as well). Jonathan also gave my wife and I a short tour of several popular sites to see while on the island as well as places to eat and other notes - not only did I get 2 incredible dives but I had some of the best spots pointed out to me for future snorkeling and eating. The PADI night course was great - I was able to schedule the dives (VIP is very flexible and accommodating) around my dry land activities. Both of my dives were incredible in not only the things we saw but also the dive sites for their access points. The PADI wreck course was on the Hilma Hooker and my instructor Frank took great care not only in the classroom but also in the water (all dives were deep dives) in explaining to me and helping me along with certain aspects of my diving that I will take with me in my diving career. Overall I had some of the best dives ever not just because of the beauty of Bonaire but because of the great care the staff takes to showing you (the customer) what the reef has to offer. I honestly cannot wait to come back, when I do, I will ONLY be diving with the VIP crew. If you are looking for the personal touch and small groups (they only dive with groups under 4 people, a big bonus to see wildlife and keep groups together) this is the place to go. Make sure you bring some good shoes as they only conduct shore dives and the rocks are a little rough otherwise bring a smile and be ready for an AMAZING time.

PS: they also do some GREAT snorkeling trips.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Chris h
Juul H, Guest Relations Manager at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2015

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

As we only dive in small groups, we are able to give all divers some extra personal attention. We like to believe that this results in better diving as we have more time to advice our divers about their divingskills and to show them points of interest in the water AND above. Your planning was ambitious: doing 3 different specialties during your holiday, but I think together we made it work perfectly :)

It was a pleasure diving with you and we hope to see you back next year!

Sunny regards,
The entire VIP team

PS. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"personalized service"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

I was impressed by the time Eric and Jonathan took to make us feel comfortable and take pictures of the preparations.

When we came to inquiry about a DSD (guided dive, this was my first dive) Eric offered us a drink and explained everything crystal clear to us. During the dive (just us two and Eric) he checked regularly whether we were still OK, kept an close eye on our air, beautiful fish and other animals and made sure we saw them. All this resulted in the perfect dive!

If we return we will dive again with VIP Diving and will recommend it to everybody!

Keep in mind that when Eric is rubbing his belly during the dive he is not hungry but has spotted a squid ;-)

Date of experience: July 2015

Hi Evert,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! As we only dive in small groups we are able to offer more personal attention during, before and after our dives. We believe more personal attention will result in better dives and in your case even 'the perfect dive' :) It is great to hear you enjoyed your first moments diving and we will be more than happy to show you more beautiful divesites on Bonaire.

Sunny regards from the entire VIP team

Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

Impeccable service and the nicest dive shop I have ever been in.!!! Had Jonathan all week for our group for an EPIC week of Lionfish Hunting.!!! In 5 dives we cleaned out over 75 Lionfish .!! I will always be a VIP Diving customer for life.!! See you guys soon.!!
Aquaman

1  Thank AquaMan101
Pierre H, Guest Relations Manager at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2015

Hi AquaMan101,

It seems you had an amazing week diving with us, and therefore your 5 star review is rewarding for us! Thank you for that! The lionfish Hunting is getting more popular. Jonathan is busy every week teaching more and more people.
As for your dive week with Jonathan, and with a total of more than 75, it seems it was an EPIC hunting week! :D
We look forward spending more time with you underwater AquaMan, so come back soon!

The VIP Staff Team

Reviewed June 26, 2015

My wife had serious anxiety about going under water, but really wanted to go diving. We went to VIP Diving for a one-on-one course. Frank taught and coached her expertly and empathically and made her conquer her fears. Fantastic instructor and a great guy to spend the day with.
This is by far the best dive-outfit I have come across in 20 years of diving. A great team, dedicated to delivering you maximum pleasure, at your pace and with your interest in mind.

1  Thank Joost_de_Haas

Hi Joost,

First of all, thank you for your 5 star review! It pleases us to know that we were able to live up to your expectations, and that Frank made it possible to take your wife’s anxiety away and to coach her into a perfect safe diver! We are sure he is more than happy to know that he made a nice contribution to your dive holiday.

Thank you as well for you comment about our team. Here at VIP Diving we try indeed, to deliver the maximum VIP experience you could get! And we are glad to know we managed to succeed once more!
We hope to see you and your wife soon here on Bonaire!

Safe diving to the both of you!

The VIP Staff Team

See more reviews
Reviewed June 10, 2015

My experience with VIP Diving was excellent from start to finish. Making my initial arrangements by phone was very easy and Bas answered all of my questions before arriving on Bonaire. Once I arrived I could see that VIP Diving is not your usual island dive shop - Their new location is the nicest dive shop I have ever visited! The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming where divers feel comfortable to come in and share their adventures of the day over a cup of coffee. They even have a big screen TV where we were able to watch the videos from my new GoPro camera. I had the pleasure of diving four days with Jonathan and it was definitely the VIP treatment. He made sure that I had everything needed to make my dives as well as my stay on Bonaire memorable. Not to mention the diving was fabulous! Thank you Jonathan! I'm already planning my next visit to Bonaire and I will definitely be diving with VIP Diving.

Hi Hollie,

Thank you so much for your kind words and 5 star review! We ourselves are also very proud of our new facility that, according to us, really has everything you need to make your dives even more fun and convenient. It was a pleasure having you here and we look forward to your next visit :)

Sunny regards,