Tripadvisor

More Info
from $174.36
More Info
1,438 results
All reviews dive master dive shop guided dives top notch salt pier lionfish hunting uv night dive cruise ship the entire staff great dive personal attention personal touch lion fish dive spots open water rental equipment these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I had high expectations, and they were surpassed. Everyone in the dive shop was friendly, funny, knowledgeable and obviously passionate about introducing visiting divers to the best shore diving Bonaire has to offer. Stephen and Jonathan went above and beyond to make my dives memorable (and my shore entrances and exits easy). When I made a special request for a snorkling trip to Washington Slagbaai Park that I thought would appeal to my non-diving husband, they went out of their way to make it happen. I'm looking forward to diving with VIP again soon.

vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Hi Jill!

Meeting expectations is great...surpassing them is even better! I'm very happy that we were able to do that. Going above and beyond is out trade mark and it makes us happy and proud when people notice that and appreciate it. Luckily that is the case with most of our guests :-)

We would be supremely happy to see you return to Bonaire and we hope to see you again at VIP diving when that happens!

Sunny regards.

Bas Noij.

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Last thursday i had the true pleasure of meeting Frank who was my diving instuctor for my first dive. He was the most comforting and encouraging man and he made this the best possible experience.
Thanks to Frank and VIP diving i will be diving again!

vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

I am so happy to hear that Frank was able to encourage and help you and that this may be the start of a long and happy diving 'career'! It was our pleasure helping you out and we sure hope to see you again for more dive adventures!

Sunny regards.

the VIP team

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Picked up right at the cruise ship terminal and had some interesting sightseeing on the way to the dive site. The salt ponds and the slave history was very interesting. Very impressed with the sea life that we saw off the shore at the salt pier. Good lunch provided. We had 3 O ring failures out of 9 tanks and had to scramble to find enough extra parts. Back home we always have a spare O ring on each tank but not here. The O rings that we took out were in bad condition. For the price of an O ring I suggest they do some regular replacements. Not a big deal except we had to rush the last dive so we could get back to the cruise ship on time.

Date of experience: March 2014
vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Hello P&ZH.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am happy to hear you had a great time. I am very sorry that o-ring issues took the sparkle off for you! We have indeed had o-ring issues but they have been taken care of. We received a whole batch of bad o-rings that indeed leaked or cracked way too soon. Unfortunately we had to wait for the new batch to arrive before we could solve the issue. It was definitely not an issue of not wanting to invest in good o-rings...we take pride in the quality of our equipment and that includes details like o-rings. We hope you will some day return to see the results and have another great day (or week?) of diving with VIP!!!

Sunny regards from Bonaire!

Bas Noij.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Steven, Menno and the others of VIP, you do live up to the reputation that VIP has of being the best dive operation on the island! I had such a fantastic time playing, laughing, sightseeing and diving with you. Personalities that light up the world, you gave me such an enjoyable adventure in seeing the beauty of the Bonaire water world that you call your home. The dive trips were not just diving but a daily adventures of learning about the island and its history while sightseeing on the way to dive sites, lunches at memorable places and experiencing the joys of life on the island. The dive groups were very small and intimate with great attention to safety and having the best time possible. One day i asked" how do you keep your gear in such great shape?" and the tongue in cheek answer was, "we sell the old stuff to the other dive shops". The gear was first rate. The adventures began 8:30ish and lasted until late in the day and at times into the evenings too. I think I smiled and laughed so much my cheeks were about to crack and my times on the island could not have been better spent. You dive masters made it so. My one regret is missing the night dive but that being said, I now have to return and look forward to it I do along with greeting the wonderful new friends I have made. Great craic!! and so many thanks.

1  Thank macbigddaddy
Carolyn M, Guest Relations Manager at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Bigmacdaddy,

Thank you for sharing with us what an unforgettable time you had with our dive instructors and shop staff. We love knowing all that our guests enjoyed and we appreciate you covering so much of it here!

Definitely come back for a night dive, we'll be ready for you with more adventures and laughs :-)

Sunny wishes from your dive shop in paradise,

Carolyn and the VIP Diving team

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I spent a week in Bonaire and rented air and equipment from VIP, and also went on one guided night dive. We had a fantastic experience with VIP and wouldn't go anywhere else. It might seem like if you're just renting gear you could go anywhere, but the shop still makes a difference. The staff was all super professional, knowledgeable and helpful. From the beginning, we worked with Jonathan at VIP, who was just awesome and incredibly helpful. The setup where you can pick up and drop off tanks on your own schedule is really convenient. The gear was all in top shape.

On top of all that, Jonathan was a spectacular divemaster on our night dive. It was my first night dive and he did a great job of preparing me for it and making it an easy and fun experience.

Thank you VIP!