Tripadvisor

More Info
from $174.36
More Info
1,438 results
All reviews dive master dive shop guided dives top notch salt pier lionfish hunting uv night dive cruise ship the entire staff great dive personal attention personal touch lion fish dive spots open water rental equipment these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2014

VIP Diving is an excellent dive operation. Bas ,one of the owners, tailored the diving to our needs and helped us find a great place to stay. Our family had not been diving for 6 years and I was apprehensive about diving again. Our group of four dove with Tim who is an excellent teacher. He was very sensitive and patient and lots of fun.He was very attuned to the strengths and weaknesses of each of us and knew how model good practices. With a few dives we gained our confidence were enthralled by the beautiful reefs and abundant sea life. He was also a great guide on land and shared what he has learned about Bonaire, which made our trip even more interesting. Every member of the staff at VIP has a high degree of safety and environmental consciousness, which we appreciated.They are a highly motivated group of professionals who seemed dedicated to making our trip a wonderful experience and they succeeded!

Date of experience: December 2013

Hi Nancy.

Our new 'valet diving service' is all about full service packages. I'm glad you feel that this formula is the way to go! It was my pleasure organizing your private villa, car rental, dive package and dive butler services. It was great meeting your family and it warms my heart to know that you enjoyed diving so much after almost reaching the point of not wanting to dive any more! I hope you will have warm memories to help you through the cold winter!

Sunny regards from your dive butlers!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Being 55 years old, it is not always easy to handle the diving gear. Diving in Bonaire is beautiful however mostly shore diving. The team of VIP did really everything to make our dives comfortable (my partner has back problems)
Without any problems, they offered ample assistance in a very friendly way......it made it a wonderful experience. No questions asked: they just take the inititatives by themselves.
We know that fish is not "waiting" for us when we go diving......but we do know that the VIP staff is there to give us all that is necessary to have a great time!

Date of experience: January 2014

Hi Ams.

I'm happy we could help...that is why we are the dive butlers!!! My personal highlight was finding your beloved fin back 3 days after you lost it at Salt Pier. (FYI for the readers...Ams lost that fin while snorkeling WITHOUT a VIP dive butler...otherwise we would have found it back right away :-)

We work best when we can make a difference and I am glad we could for you. Come back any time to dushi Bonaire!!!

All the best from the VIP diving team!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The team at VIP Diving was a pleasure to work with! Our group came mid-November on the recommendation of a friend who'd previously dived with VIP. We had a group of 8, 7 taking the Open Water course, and 1 taking the Advanced Diver course, and VIP was incredibly flexible with the variety of skill levels present. We did the coursework online through the PADI e-Learning option and did the skills on site.

- Bas was very easy to work with; always providing prompt feedback both before and during our visit to any questions we had about the course, the equipment, the reservations, the island, and anything else we came up with. He consistently went above and beyond normal service, whether that was individual training (see below), hand-drawn maps for recommended dive sites, or deals at local restaurants.

- Chris was a great instructor: he took the training very seriously and made sure we were well-prepared, while keeping the whole experience entertaining. He was able to keep both the faster and slower learners engaged and challenged without making anyone feel like a hindrance. We all enjoyed learning with him (and quoting him). :)

- VIP's focus on personal touch really stood out for me when I freaked out the first day of the course and didn't complete the scheduled training. The VIP team rearranged things to give me a second chance, with both Bas and Menno working with me the next day to work through things at my own pace. Although this created an additional diving group and put a strain on VIP's human and vehicle resources, they were unfailingly accommodating and happy to help.

Menno continued to work with me one-on-one so I was able to finish the course along with the rest of the group. He was an excellent instructor: always supportive and patient, even when a skill took a long time to achieve; always encouraging and as pleased about our successes as we were (if not more!); very invested in teaching well and helping his students get the most out of not just the course, but the experience of diving.

- Tom was a fun part of the team; he wasn't as directly involved in our training, as he was still working on his Divemaster training, but like everyone else there, he made us feel welcome and at home, and helped keep the shop running smoothly.

The V in VIP stands for Value and they really went overboard here - it felt like we were cheating them for how much we got out of the trip and how little they charged for it. I'd say it's worth coming to Bonaire just to dive with this group - too bad you can't bring them along to other parts of the world!

Date of experience: November 2013

Hi Jen.

It must be 'write poetry as a review week'!!! What a beautiful essay you wrote :-)

Thank you thank you thank you for taking the time for this. I loved the detailed 'per person report' style :-)

Come back any time!!! We'd love to help you reach the next level in your scuba career :-)

Sunny regards from dushi Bonaire.

Bas and the VIP boyzzz

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Traveled to Bonaire with one of my friends, and we saw this shop was so highly rated. It exceeded our expectations!

What an incredible dive operator! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, Bas (the shop owner) and all the VIP employees were incredibly gracious with their time, and really made sure we had the best experience possible during our vacation. They are incredibly flexible, and really work with you one-on-one to make sure your dive package meets everyone one of your requests. The shop is smaller than the other operators, but very well maintained, and adds to the VIP milieu. All the equipment is kept in excellent condition.

The other aspect that I really loved about this shop was the intimate service they provide. All courses and guided dives are done in really small groups, with a lot of individual attention. I did my Rescue Diver course with VIP, and I was thoroughly impressed with the professional service and experience that all the instructors have at this shop. I ended up getting Nitrox certified during this trip also--they were flexible and was able to fit that in for me. Bas was also kind enough to take a day from his busy schedule to train us to become lion fish hunters, and took us on two incredible dives to hunt the fish (they are delicious). Highly recommend learning about lion fish from not only a reef conservation standpoint, but also because it is good fun.

The guided dives are an incredible way to see the island, so I'd recommend doing a few of them while you're their. On our way to the dive sites our guides would occasionally stop off in different areas and tell us a little bit about the history of the island. It was really cool, and added a really nice touch to the days adventures!

Things I would highly recommend while you're with VIP:

1) UV Night dive. Just do it. It is worth every penny and such an unusually experience;

2) Lion fish hunting. I was apprehensive at first, but when you learn more about the situation in Bonaire and the rest of the Caribbean, you'll understand the importance of keeping the population low to protect the reefs. It also ended up being a couple of the best dives I did in Bonaire;

3) If the conditions are right, try to do a couple dives in the North of the Island (La Dania's Leep, Karpata, Taylor Made). It's a bit of a trek, but the views of the island are stunning and the reefs/wildlife are unbelievable.

Thanks Bas and all of VIP for an incredible trip. I'll definitely be back!

Date of experience: December 2013

Hi Parth.

Wow, so nice that you took the time to write such a comprehensive review. It was great to have you guys around for 10 days and to be able to show you just about every aspect of diving on Bonaire there is! I love it when guests become friends!!! I will follow your adventures on Facebook and I most definitely look forward to your next visit to Bonaire!

Sunny regards from all your friends at VIP!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I discovered this dive shop shortly after we arrived in Bonaire. We are here during the busy season, so without any prior reservation, Bas was extremely accommodating. He moved the schedule around so that he could fit in our dives. We are relatively new to diving so we wanted a refresher course. Chris was so very patient with me until I felt comfortable with the skills. On our third day diving we went with Frank and saw some incredible looking fish he helped with videoing the whole dive and took his time capturing the sea life. We were very thankful for the small groups and it was never more than one other pair that went diving with us. Bonaire is a unique experience in diving, as they have several shore dives. This was something new for us. We had a wonderful time.

Thank you!

Date of experience: January 2014
vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed beautiful Bonaire and your VIP treatment!!! It was great to see you gain confidence and skills! We are ready to welcome you back any time :-)

Sunny regards from your dive butlers!