Tripadvisor

More Info
from $174.36
More Info
1,438 results
All reviews dive master dive shop guided dives top notch salt pier lionfish hunting uv night dive cruise ship the entire staff great dive personal attention personal touch lion fish dive spots open water rental equipment these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Traveled to Bonaire with one of my friends, and we saw this shop was so highly rated. It exceeded our expectations!

What an incredible dive operator! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, Bas (the shop owner) and all the VIP employees were incredibly gracious with their time, and really made sure we had the best experience possible during our vacation. They are incredibly flexible, and really work with you one-on-one to make sure your dive package meets everyone one of your requests. The shop is smaller than the other operators, but very well maintained, and adds to the VIP milieu. All the equipment is kept in excellent condition.

The other aspect that I really loved about this shop was the intimate service they provide. All courses and guided dives are done in really small groups, with a lot of individual attention. I did my Rescue Diver course with VIP, and I was thoroughly impressed with the professional service and experience that all the instructors have at this shop. I ended up getting Nitrox certified during this trip also--they were flexible and was able to fit that in for me. Bas was also kind enough to take a day from his busy schedule to train us to become lion fish hunters, and took us on two incredible dives to hunt the fish (they are delicious). Highly recommend learning about lion fish from not only a reef conservation standpoint, but also because it is good fun.

The guided dives are an incredible way to see the island, so I'd recommend doing a few of them while you're their. On our way to the dive sites our guides would occasionally stop off in different areas and tell us a little bit about the history of the island. It was really cool, and added a really nice touch to the days adventures!

Things I would highly recommend while you're with VIP:

1) UV Night dive. Just do it. It is worth every penny and such an unusually experience;

2) Lion fish hunting. I was apprehensive at first, but when you learn more about the situation in Bonaire and the rest of the Caribbean, you'll understand the importance of keeping the population low to protect the reefs. It also ended up being a couple of the best dives I did in Bonaire;

3) If the conditions are right, try to do a couple dives in the North of the Island (La Dania's Leep, Karpata, Taylor Made). It's a bit of a trek, but the views of the island are stunning and the reefs/wildlife are unbelievable.

Thanks Bas and all of VIP for an incredible trip. I'll definitely be back!

Hi Parth.

Wow, so nice that you took the time to write such a comprehensive review. It was great to have you guys around for 10 days and to be able to show you just about every aspect of diving on Bonaire there is! I love it when guests become friends!!! I will follow your adventures on Facebook and I most definitely look forward to your next visit to Bonaire!

Sunny regards from all your friends at VIP!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I discovered this dive shop shortly after we arrived in Bonaire. We are here during the busy season, so without any prior reservation, Bas was extremely accommodating. He moved the schedule around so that he could fit in our dives. We are relatively new to diving so we wanted a refresher course. Chris was so very patient with me until I felt comfortable with the skills. On our third day diving we went with Frank and saw some incredible looking fish he helped with videoing the whole dive and took his time capturing the sea life. We were very thankful for the small groups and it was never more than one other pair that went diving with us. Bonaire is a unique experience in diving, as they have several shore dives. This was something new for us. We had a wonderful time.

Thank you!

Date of experience: January 2014
vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed beautiful Bonaire and your VIP treatment!!! It was great to see you gain confidence and skills! We are ready to welcome you back any time :-)

Sunny regards from your dive butlers!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you are looking for first class service, friendly people who know all about diving and wish to dive in Bonaire flexibly, with your own schedule and as you want it, then VIP diving is for you. Nothing was too much trouble; they sat us down and agreed what and where we would like to dive (and how often), they made great suggestions where to dive, recommended restaurants and other things to do (not just diving) to really make this a holiday of a lifetime. Really credible outfit. We really liked the small groups and personal attention. Bring an underwater camera for the great sights and don't miss the night diving. Sally and Jan

Hi Sally and Jan,

It was so great to meet you two and during the week and a half you spent diving with us I feel that we became friends. I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent together and I look forward to your return to Bonaire! Thank you for the review and I loved reading how you experienced our service.

Warm regards from the whole VIP team!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I did my PADI open water certification dives with VIP and it was a great experience. I was very impressed at the level of service and professionalism. Our instructor Menno, was very thorough, didn't leave anything out, no shortcuts, but was easy going. He explained himself very well and he made us feel very comfortable and confident during our dives. He even gave us a bit of a tour and was very knowledgable of the island's culture and history which definitely adds to the experience. It is obvious that VIP has very high standards with regards to cleanliness and equpiment integrity and in my opinion, you can't get a more personalized and customized experience anywhere else. Bonaire has very stringent conservation practices and VIP takes that stuff seruiously. They pride themselves on providing a high level of service and attention and it shows. If you're coming to Bonaire to do some diving, I highly recommend going with VIP Diving!!

vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Hello ExnerFamily!!

A very happy new year to you and yours!! Thank you for your great review. It makes us so happy to hear that the things we take pride in really shone through during your visit.

Comfort, safety, fun, top notch equipment, conservation, local history and culture and above all tons and tons of personal attention. That is what we are about and I am glad you felt that in every aspect of your experience with us!!

We are looking forward to a great 2014 with a great team and with many great dives. We hope to meet you again at VIP!!!

Sunny regards.

Bas and the team.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

For all of you who like a long story short:
The most professional dive center I have experienced so far on a wonderful island to dive.
For all who like to read a few words:
Just been to Bonaire this December and had the pleasure to dive with VIP. Really, no complaints at all - great dive center:
1. Really nice people working there: Big thanks to the team, especially for Menno, my super dive guide, who showed me some wonderful dive sites and was a great conversation partner above the surface as well.
2. Perfectly save dives: Never ever had such well maintained equipment and thouroughly executed checks prior every dive. Schoolbook! Really appreciated that.
3. Good organisation: Went there, got clear answers, individual appointments, quick and reliable. Best of all: I prefer diving in really small groups, two to three peops max. VIP diving is totally organizing that in a very uncomplicated way.
4.Individual service: Got asked what I whished to discover and about my preferences. Menno organized dives in a way my lady could snorkel as well, once she wanted to. If you have a pick up truck there you can go pretty much all over the island with your guide from VIP. Or you let them pick the spots... won't be disappointed.
Overall, I've been diving in different locations over the world - VIP diving stood out. I loved the Bonaire shore dives, so great to see how the reeves go. Not a lot of big fish, but beautiful corals and diving like in an aquarium, plus turtles! Get some tips from the guys at VIP and you find some great places to dive and snorkel. Thanks to the whole VIP team for a wonderful addition to my Bonaire experience and all the best for the future.
Greets, G.

Date of experience: December 2013
vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hi GunS.

WOW...what a great review. I love the format of 'short story and long story'. You went above and beyond to tell us (and the world) how you feel about your experience and I really want to thank you for that! I makes me feel very proud that we are able to make a difference in people's experience on Bonaire and we will keep working hard to prove every day that VIP diving really is a whole new experience!!! I think we can print your review word for word for our next advertisement...I could not have said it any better myself and it is great to hear it like this from YOU...our valued VIP guest.

We hope to see you again on Bonaire and we look forward to more stunning dives with you :-)

Sunny regards!