Tripadvisor

More Info
from $174.36
More Info
1,438 results
All reviews dive master dive shop guided dives top notch salt pier lionfish hunting uv night dive cruise ship the entire staff great dive personal attention personal touch lion fish dive spots open water rental equipment these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The best experience we've had, definitely VIP! My husband and I got off our cruise ship and met Frank and another gentlemen from VIP Diving. We secured a slot, walked around town a bit and then met back with Frank. He drove us (along with another diver) back to VIP Diving where we got all of our gear. On the way to our first dive site, Frank told us about Bonaire and stopped at a site for us to visit and take pictures. We completed our first beach dive which was amazing! Frank guided us the whole time and we were able to enjoy the sights. After the first dive, Frank gave us lunch and water and we actually got to see some donkeys walking by. We went to our second dive which was just as beautiful as our first! After the dives, Frank showed us some sights of Bonaire and finally we returned to the VIP Diving shop where we returned our gear. The whole crew was friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend VIP Diving and we hope to dive with Frank in the future!!!

Date of experience: December 2013
vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hello Kristen.

So nice to hear that you loved the 'full VIP immersion' you got...under water and above! Delivering a total Bonaire experience is what we strive for....nice to hear that you loved it! Thanks for the kind words and we'll hopefully see you back on Bonaire soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Together with my girlfriend I experienced a great week scuba diving under the professional guidance of dive masters at VIP Diving. They take there time getting you comfortable and are very flexible in their offerings.

Date of experience: November 2013

Hello Michel.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay on Bonaire and the VIP service! Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I called off hours the day before abd they got me on the morning dive. The service was second to none and they really went out of their way to make my time with them exceptional.

Only drawback was that the gear was not as new as they had mentioned over the phone (had holes on my boots and my wetsuit.

Date of experience: November 2013
vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi Emil.

I'm glad you had a great experience with VIP Diving. I'm always happy to answer the phone any time to make sure you get your dives in :-)

I'm sorry that you were disappointed in the gear. We always strive to replace anything that does not look top notch right away but with boots that is very hard as they start showing scratches and little holes right away. Most dive shop on Bonaire do not rent out boots and open heel fins for that reason. I hope you do agree with me that the BCD's and regulators were in brand spanking new condition. We obviously try to have the boots and suits in that same condition...we'll try harder!!!

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back on Bonaire!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I must say that for bonaire this is the best dive shop , even if you only go for only 1 dive it would be for sure the best ever in bonaire .
diving new sites or sites in a different way , bob frank and bas will make your experience to be the best ever , taking you to beautifull places , make you feel special and having a lot of fun and excitement .
I do recommend and for sure if back in Bonaire with no other .
thank you so much Guys you really ROCK !!

Date of experience: October 2013
vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Great review Lilian...I will go to sleep a happy and proud dive nut :-) What makes me even prouder is that you actually dove with two dive operations on Bonaire on this trip and call us 'best dive shop in bonaire'!!! We work hard to deliver you the best possible service...nice to see that it shows :-)

Sunny regards and thanks!!

Bas and the VIP boyzzzz

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is the second time we are back in Bonaire in the last year, and I have to say, VIP Diving NEVER disappoints. The service is impeccable, the employees are always ready to help, and since I needed to rent a BCD, I was very appreciative of the integrated weights for the equipment. Everything we need is convenient, and Bas made it work for us, with the amount of Nitrox the 4 of us were using. He made sure we always had enough to last us for the day, and that is approximately 12-16 tanks everyday.

We did two guided dives with VIP. The night dive with Bob was superb (We also dove with him last year). I always love diving with Bob, because 1. He explains everything thoroughly 2. He tells us back stories for the dive site. 3. His pace is slow (so I can concentrate on the micro stuff.. meanwhile he check for the macro stuff). 4. He is extremely attentive so I am comfortable to know he is there.

We also did a UV night dive with Frank. That was something we wanted to do since last year, and it definitely was interesting. Worth checking out. Frank was also easy going, friendly and thorough. Saw a lot of fireworms that I never really see during the day.

The value of the guided dives, our unlimited tanks, rental were excellent, and the rinse tanks are available right in front where we can load and unload. Excellent planning on that part. The locker area was definitely convenient too, so everything can dry overnight.

We will definitely be back, and dive with VIP. No hesitation on who I would go with.

Date of experience: October 2013
vipbas, Owner at VIP Diving, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi Adrienne!

Thanks for such a kind and thorough report of your time with us on Bonaire. Every guest is a VIP for us but repeat guests are extra special. And you even brought friends! I'm glad to read that everything worked out so well for you. Meeting and exceeding expectations is always our goal so it makes me happy when that happens.

See you again on your next Bonaire trip. I'll make sure the Nitrox supply is ample :-)