We had a great time from Christmas to New Years. The host, Gils, was very prompt and accommodating. We traveled with a baby, and the management provided a crib for us. Having been to Bonaire many times before, the positives about the place are:
1) Nice well-manicured aesthetically-pleasing grounds
2) Well-appointed rooms and a nice breezy deck.
3) Very close to town, convenience stores, a few nice restaurants (e.g., Captain Don's and Buddy Dive)
4) Has a pool.
5) Has a washer/dryer in unit and facilities for scuba diving.
6) Great management.
7) Is quite secure.
8) A taxi was waiting for us at the airport, even though our flight came in 3 hours late! The resorts always say they will send a taxi, but almost never do.
9) Has A/C in unit.
Things to know:
1) no dishwasher
2) not on the beach (though a short walk)
3) lots of mosquitos, just like everywhere else near the coast.
4) the water is solar heated. 90% of the days this doesn't matter. The other 10%, there will be no hot water.
Unlike Shandive, I never saw the sign for NO OUTSIDE DIVERS at Buddy Dive. We still did a night dive there and all was fine. Bonaire is a pretty laid-back place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perla Boneriano consists of seven luxurious Caribbean-style villas, divided into 12 apartments, all situated around a beautiful pool and lush garden and within easy walking distance of that incredibly blue Caribbean Sea. Everything you need for your vacation is within close range of your villa: a tennis court, various shops, dive operations, dive sites, internet cafe, supermarket, restaurants, (beach) bars, a bank and much more. All the villas of Perla Boneriano have several ecological features: solar hot water panels, LED-lights for the pool, solar-powered evening lights, septic tanks to store re-usable water for the garden. We encourage our guests to be very responsible with water and electricity. That way, we can preserve our island's beauty for future generations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Perla Boneriano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perla Boneriano Bonaire/Kralendijk