“Romantic, tasty, be prepared to wait.”
Review of La Guernica

La Guernica
Ranked #42 of 130 Restaurants in Kralendijk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Really enjoyed our evening there. Fortunately, we had reserved ahead of time, because at 8PM everyone who arrived after us was being turned away. Very pleasant sitting on the front patio. We shared 4 tapas - the very tasty coconut shrimp, spring rolls, profiteroles stuffed with tuna salad, and baguette slices served with tapanade and garlic butter. Everything was delicious and the tapas price was very reasonable. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. The only downside was that the kitchen seemed to be preparing and serving each table's food all at one time, and I'd estimate we waited an hour between ordering and finally being served. We weren't in a hurry - it's Bonaire and we're on vacation - but we did think that was a bit excessive.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We decided to eat here without making reservations. There was a 1/2 hour wait, but we were seated on the side and provided wine, chips and salsa, and water while we waited for our table. I don't think it was even a 1/2 hour before our table was ready. I had the ribs (which I would recommend) and my wife had tapas plates. We had a banana dessert, which was amazing. I would highly recommend eating here. Service was a little slow, but the food was well worth it.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you go there with the idea of tasting dozens of tiny tapas, you are wrong. Yet there is a nice selections of - well how should I call it ? - Jumbo-tapas, most of them quite tasty.
For a "Spanish" restaurant, I would have expected a better choice of wines from Spain, Chile or Argentina.
Service was moderately friendly, but quite efficient.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The calamari tapas is delightful. The fish is fresh and the ambiance is quite nice if you sit outside- you can watch the sunset.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I split four tapas for dinner and I was pleasantly surprised how reasonable the price was! We had spring rolls, spicy beef on french bread, coconut breaded shrimp, and beef skewers. They also give you chips and salsa as a starter. It was a nice slow meal with a nice view.