“Great Peruvian cuisine”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Be prepared to wait for your food - it's all individually cooked to order.
Do not miss...

Date of visit: April 2012

Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I ate at Plazita Limena on a Wednesday night in March and we loved it! This was by far my favorite restaurant in Bonaire and we almost didn't eat there because it looked so deserted from the street. It turns out that they have a back room that was filled with patrons, they seem not to seat people in the front until it is necessary.

We love Peruvian food and we hadn't eaten since breakfast so we really over-ordered. But it was all so good! We split the Avocado Salad as an appetizer, and it was huge. In fact, we still had avocado for breakfast the next two days. The salad consisted of lettuce, a huge amount of delicious, flavorful, ripe avocado, potatoes, and a light drizzle of creamy dressing. I'm so annoyed that I didn't write down what we ate, so I don't have the actual names, but I ordered a delicious beef dish grilled with onions and tomatoes, and it came with both rice and French fries. So good! And my husband had a fish stew in a tomato based sauce with onions and maybe yucca (at least that it what it looks like in the picture), also served with rice. The only item that we were not thrilled with was a rice and beans dish, which we thought would be beans poured over rice, but instead was like a big rice and beans patty. And we probably would have thought it was fine if we had not eaten so much of the other food! We loved that the food was flavorful without being fancy or overly fussy.

Service was very good. Our waiter was quite attentive even though he was the only person taking orders. The back verandah was nice and relaxed, and the cool breeze made for a lovely meal. No credit cards, so be sure you have cash. We loved Plazita Limena so much that it will likely be the first stop for dinner on our next trip to Bonaire.

Date of visit: March 2012
1  Thank reptileenthusiast
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I´m sorry they don´t have InKa Cola anymore. Last year we loved it, this year portions seemed smaller.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We came here on the recommendation of locals. First time my husband ordered the paella and swore it was the best he'd had in decdes. I ordered fish soup--it had a lovely white wine base and was chock full of assorted seafood. Also ordered the fish ceviche--also delicious (but not as great as the soup). 2nd time we split the sampler dish for 2 that was a variety of seafood offerings ceviche-style. The bread is to die for. It was surprisingly quiet--our 2nd visit was on a Friday night and many places we're packed solid. Definitely give this place a try--BUT be aware that they don't take credit cards.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Simple but well prepared food. The owner is fantastic. Lovely menu, serene setting.