“Left hanging”
Review of Compass Sailing

Compass Sailing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Relax, sail and snorkel..today! We sail and snorkeling in the marine park of Bonaire and Klein Bonaire. For our cruise ship visitors we offer a special marine park sail and snorkel tour.For hotel guest we have also a Dinner at Sea tour. Aboard you will be pampered with home made snacks and free drinks, all prepared by your experienced chef and captain Wim.See you soon!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Raleigh
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Left hanging”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Based on the good TA reviews, we booked directly with Compass for sailing and snorkling during our cruise stop . We hunted for about 20 minutes to find the tent prescribed in our confirmation email, finally asking the tourist information booth for help. We were pointed to a man in a blue shirt talking on his cell. When he hung up, he told us he had to cancel our trip! We wondered if Compass may have given others a good trip that day, but we were left hanging on the cruise dock. Always have a backup plan, our experience is that Compass is not dependable.

Visited November 2013

“Beautiful sailing trip!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed this beautiful sailing trip to klein Bonaire a lot! Wim and Isabella took great care of us. Wim used to be a cook so the bbq had lovely homemade salads and great quality meat! Isabella took us snorkeling and showed us the most beautiful things. It was also very nice to see the island from a different point of view.

Visited August 2013
compassbonaire, Owner at Compass Sailing, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We hope to see you soon back on bonaire and on the compass

Sunny regards,

Compass crew
Redding, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't normally take time to write a review but I just got back from Bonaire and I had the pleasure of spending an evening last week on the Compass sailboat and we can not stop telling our friends what a great time we had. The boat was great and the owner made us feel so welcome and at home. The cruise left the marina at 4 pm and we sailed along Bonaire. We moored at a great snorkeling spot though most of the people in our party just enjoyed putting our feet up on the deck. The food was outstanding and nicely presented. It was a perfect time of day because by the time dinner was completed and we started sailing back we got to watch a great sunset all the way back to the marina. I was also impressed that my glass was never empty and they had a nice beverage selection. It was a very romantic setting but I think it would be great for any type of group. Thanks again for such a great memory.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review.

Hope to see you soon back on bonaire and on the compass,

Sunny regards,

Montana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“10th Anniversary Perfection”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband surprised me with a private sunset sail, dinner, snorkel trip for our 10th anniversary during a dive trip in Bonaire. I will never forget this day. Wim and his crew made this sail magical. We sailed to Klein Bonaire where we snorkeled and saw 2 turtles among many other sea creatures. We then sailed to Andrea I and Wim cooked us a delicious dinner of meats, salads and sauces- some of the most tender steak EVER!. Any thing we asked for we received. Even a bottle of champagne was provided. We felt like we were living like the rich and famous. I had to hold back the happy tears at moments during this sail. The sunset was spectacular and I even saw a squid jump out of the water (I looked it up! It happens!) Isabel even took beautiful pictures of us above and below the water. I recommend Compass to anyone who wants a very special evening never to be forgotten!

Visited August 2013
compassbonaire, Owner at Compass Sailing, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hello

we want to thank you for your review and hope to see you soon on bonaire and on the compass

California
4 attraction reviews
“Fabulous time”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm afraid of sailing cruises-too many people, too much drink swilled. I signed up with my friends and this was a lovely time. Wim,our able sailor, answered all our questions cheerfully. The teak sailboat was immaculate.

After we set sail we were surprised with a snack of homemade cake. Our drink offers were juices, beer, water, soda. Since we were snorkeling we drank mango juice and water.

We got to Klein Bonaire island and were taken on a great snorkel by Isabelle, the sweet and knowledgable assistant to Wim. Isabelle would take pictures for us so we didn't have to lug our cameras around.

Isabelle was a wonderful guide. She had a good eye for sea creatures and found us a lot of critters.

I would thoroughly recommend Compass Sailing while in Bonaire.

Hello ,

I want to thank you for your review and hope to see you soon on Bonaire and on the compass