“My italian restaurant in Bonaire”
Review of Donna & Giorgio

Donna & Giorgio
Ranked #24 of 133 Restaurants in Kralendijk
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Every time when I am in Bonaire (7th time) I eat in here. Good food and nice service. House wine is nice also good. Only bad thing is that is open only tuesdays and fridays. Menu is not so long but taste.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had dinner one evening at this quaint restaurant on the main street of Kralendijk. The food was delicious, I recommend the Beef Milanese with a side of pasta. mmmm. If you like drinks with dinner, ask for the Al Capone. Smooth, tasty, and strong.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We live in the NYC area and frequently dine out at great restaurants. Donna & Giorgio can hold a candle to the best of the best. We dined here twice for dinner during a recent two week stay in Bonaire, and each meal was nothing short of superb. At the time of writing, the restaurant is open for dinner two nights per week - Tuesday and Friday.

The restaurant is small and the lighting is low. We loved the atmosphere, which was eclectic with mismatched personal touches all over each wall. I prefer this funky decor to some of the sterile, ultra-bright, ultra modern restaurants on the island.

Donna was on site offering menu tips and wine recommendations. She is friendly, approachable and lovely. Overall, we had wonderful service and felt very welcome here.

Now on to the most important aspect of this review - the food. The cuisine here is expertly prepared, fresh, inventive and delectable. We did not have one morsel that fell short of outstanding. I had pasta on both visits, and my husband had meat dishes. We also had the avocado salad, which was possibly the best salad I've ever eaten. The menu changes nightly and consists of 3-4 appetizers and 6-7 entrees.

I'm looking forward to dining here on my next visit to Bonaire.

1  Thank luv4travelNJ
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The dining room was too dark and messy and felt more like a pub instead of a restaurant. I ordered a pasta dish with lamb, and it tasted like bad Dominican food. I found the hallway to the restrooms much more interesting than the dining room.

1  Thank Asmodian
Reviewed November 11, 2013

For the price, I expected more. My wife had the pasta and meat sauce, she said it was good, but felt short of being excellent. I had ordered what I thought was a sandwich, which was more of a salad on a piece of pita bread. Was no where close to what I expected. It was okay, but nothing I would go back for.

It was however a very cute place and the staff was very friendly. Everyones taste are different, so I would still recommend people try this place.

1  Thank Clancy4925