“Superb!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bonaire
“Superb!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We live in the NYC area and frequently dine out at great restaurants. Donna & Giorgio can hold a candle to the best of the best. We dined here twice for dinner during a recent two week stay in Bonaire, and each meal was nothing short of superb. At the time of writing, the restaurant is open for dinner two nights per week - Tuesday and Friday.

The restaurant is small and the lighting is low. We loved the atmosphere, which was eclectic with mismatched personal touches all over each wall. I prefer this funky decor to some of the sterile, ultra-bright, ultra modern restaurants on the island.

Donna was on site offering menu tips and wine recommendations. She is friendly, approachable and lovely. Overall, we had wonderful service and felt very welcome here.

Now on to the most important aspect of this review - the food. The cuisine here is expertly prepared, fresh, inventive and delectable. We did not have one morsel that fell short of outstanding. I had pasta on both visits, and my husband had meat dishes. We also had the avocado salad, which was possibly the best salad I've ever eaten. The menu changes nightly and consists of 3-4 appetizers and 6-7 entrees.

I'm looking forward to dining here on my next visit to Bonaire.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank luv4travelNJ

Santa Cruz, Aruba
“Food tasted like it was warmed over”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The dining room was too dark and messy and felt more like a pub instead of a restaurant. I ordered a pasta dish with lamb, and it tasted like bad Dominican food. I found the hallway to the restrooms much more interesting than the dining room.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Asmodian
Kansas City, Missouri
“Quality was good, quantity was not”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

For the price, I expected more. My wife had the pasta and meat sauce, she said it was good, but felt short of being excellent. I had ordered what I thought was a sandwich, which was more of a salad on a piece of pita bread. Was no where close to what I expected. It was okay, but nothing I would go back for.

It was however a very cute place and the staff was very friendly. Everyones taste are different, so I would still recommend people try this place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Clancy4925
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good vegetarian options!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here and really enjoyed it. I had a sandwich and my boyfriend had the eggplant parm. Both were really good. It's a quite, small place with very little seating. The waiter was very nice and helpful when we asked about vegetarian options.

Nashotah, Wisconsin, United States
“Mixed experience.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My lasagna was wonderful..but my husbands lamb shanks were fatty...have been there before for lunch which was excellent. Limited offering for dinner.

Visited October 2013